Part 71

A nice top and jeans, or a pretty dress?, Sonya ponders, and Avery sighs.

I don't know, Kathleen would say wear a dress though, Avery comments, and Sonya groans.

We didn't bring a nice dress, we only have the weird dark green one, Sonya scoffs, and Avery runs a hand through her hair.

"So, you and Lancaster again, huh?" York asks, sweeping into the room and flinging himself onto his sister's bed.

"How did you get in here?" Avery asks, staring at her case.

"I have a room key, duh," he laughs, rolling his eyes as he squints at her suitcase.

"Everyone downstairs is wearing dresses, you should really hurry up," York sing-songs, and Avery lobs her high heel at him.

"Get out, I have to get dressed," she mutters, and York sighs dramatically.

"Sissy, you will miss me so much when I go away. Don't act like you don't love my constant presence," he rolls his eyes, standing up and walking over the where Avery is standing beside the desk her suitcase lays open on.

He scoops up the silky green dress, and raises it in the air, squinting at his sister and it.

"Wear this, do some curls in your hair," he comments, throwing it at her face and laying down on the bed again.

"Thank you, oh knowledgeable one," Avery mocks, strolling into her bathroom and getting changed.

She flattens the material against her body and scowls, shaking her head.

"Yorkie, it doesn't look right," she groans, and York reluctantly drags himself into the bathroom.

"Try it backwards; I don't know. Louisa and Kathleen are the ones who know about clothes, I can't help you," he snorts, shaking his head as he examines the complimentary bathroom samples that sit on the bathroom counter.

Avery grudgingly listens and turns the dress around, frowning as she examines the neckline.

"This dress is horrible," she groans, and York grumbles under his breath.

"I'll call Kathleen," York mutters, closing his eyes and mindlinking Avery's Beta Female.

Kathleeeeeeen, Ezra whines over the mindlink, continuing to drag out her name until she responds.

What do you want?, Kathleen snaps, and York can imagine her scowling.

Do you have spare clothes for Avery to wear? She doesn't like what she brought, he sighs, rolling his eyes as he explains the issue.

I brought extra dresses, I knew she wouldn't like that dress she got, Kathleen groans, I'll come over in a few minutes.

Kathleen shuts off the link herself, and York grins as he opens his eyes.

"She'll be here in a few minutes, curl your hair," he cackles, diving back onto the plush bed and rubbing his face against the soft duvet and blankets.

"You look like a cat," Avery remarks with disgust, plugging in her hair curler and brushing out her mane.

"A very happy cat I am," he gleefully responds, shoving his face into the mattress, "I love hotel beds so much, I'm so happy we decided to stay for the night."

"We still might not," Avery warns him, glancing over her shoulder, "If anything kicks off at dinner, we're going straight back to our pack - I'm not being dragged into anything at all, I don't care - I'll call off my meeting with Lilith in the morning."