Part 58

The next few hours, everybody was on autopilot.

Everybody was going everywhere, but nobody knew what they were doing.

Zephyr was called, but nobody could remember who phoned him.

This had never happened before. 

The Alpha of Moonstone Mountain burst onto their pack lands with no warning in a flurry of horror.

Avery had stormed into the emergency room, her trench coat swirling around her legs and her eyes flashing black.

Nurses and doctors had gotten out of the way as quickly as they possibly could, and some patients fainted at the sheer level of dominance she was giving off.

When Zephyr arrived at the hospital, he had found Avery pinning the paramedic she had recognised up against the wall.

Her eyes were completely black, and Sonya didn't even make a note of Zephyr entering the break room.

She was completely distracted by the possibility of bloodshed

"Avery, have you found anything?" He barks, and she turns to him quickly, holding the woman up by her throat.

"No. I'm trying to get information out of this bitch," she hisses, slowly turning back to face the paramedic.

The paramedic's face is bright red, and both of her hands are clawing at Avery's single one. Her eyes are bulging, and she's gasping for breath as she tries to get out of the Alpha's clutches.

"You'll kill her, let her go," Zephyr orders, and Avery shoots him a glare.

"I don't care if I kill her, she won't tell us where Lilith is," she snarls, flinging the woman to the ground and storming to the other side of the room.

"She can't tell us anything if she's dead," Zephyr points out, his tone low and sharp. 

There's a knock on the door, and Avery and Zephyr turn around quickly.

Both of their sets of eyes land on a small doctor, and they both shout "Yes?" at her in unison.

The woman is shaking like a leaf in a tornado, and she looks like she would rather be in an actual storm than walking into this tense room.

"Th-the administrator wants me to - to ask you if you could maybe leave the hospital because you're scaring patients," she almost whispers, her pale face matching her lab coat.

"Oh, sorry," Avery shrugs, gritting her teeth.

The last thing she needs is a complaint from the hospital.

She has enough on her plate even without Lilith being missing. 

Avery picks up the paramedic by her collar and makes her stand, dragging her out of the room roughly.

Zephyr watches Avery do this in silence.

He isn't sure what to do.

He has no idea where his mate is, and he doesn't know how to find her.

"Who called you?" Avery asks as he catches up with her, and he shrugs.

"It sounded like a girl. I don't know, I thought it might be your secretary," he mutters, and Avery pauses, making the paramedic stumble.

"Get your phone to my investigations team, they'll find out who called, because that could be who took her," she sighs, and Zephyr pales slightly.

"What if they call again and I don't have the phone?" He asks, and she does her best to put herself in his shoes.