Shot Down

~Jellal~

They were on fall break this week. It was Saturday. I was the only one at home again.

Gajeel was on a date with Levy.
Lucy was at a sleepover with her friends.
Juvia was at the Dragneel's house.
Romeo was at soccer practice.

Juvia disappeared and Gray brought her home yesterday. I asked Gray why. He told me to keep an eye out for her. She is in danger.

This is just like what Loke, Lucy's friend, told me a few days ago.

Someone is targeting Lucy and Juvia. And whoever this was, killed Ultear. Yes, I know Ultear Milkovich. Not only was she Juvia's bully, she used to be my subordinate in a gang I had in high school.

We were called the Crime Sorciere. It consisted of me, Ultear and Ultear's adopted sister, Meredy. We were the ones that kept the other delinquents in line. After I graduated, Ultear and Meredy continued with school.

Then Ultear had her car accident. Meredy attempted suicide and it landed her in the hospital.

It could be someone who wanted revenge on the Crime Sorciere but, why target Juvia and Lucy? Are they after Heartfilias too? Did they kill Mom and kidnap Dad when he ran?

God, I'm thinking so hard that my head hurts. I got up and went outside for fresh air.

I wonder what Erza's doing..... Erza? How did she get into my thoughts?

"So, you wanted air too?" I heard.

I looked up to see the very girl I was thinking of: Erza.

"What are you doing here, Scarlett?" I asked.

"Well, all my siblings are out and I've got my day off from work today. I was wondering if you weren't doing anything and if, perhaps you wanted to hang out." she said, lightly blushing.

I gave her a smile and said, "I'm free today. What do you have in mind?"

She smiled and said, "Strawberry shortcake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Erza drove the both of us to a bakery that she liked to go to. We both ordered a slice of strawberry cheesecake and a glass of water.

"So..."I said.

"So..." Erza said.

Oh my god, this is so awkward. She dragged me here to hang out and we can barely talk. All of a sudden, she became flustered and blushed. She was staring at me.

"Is there something on my face?" I asked.

"N-No! It's not that!" She said.

"So, why were you looking at me?" I asked, looking back at her.

"I was looking at your tattoo..." she told me.

It's actually kinda funny. Not Erza! I mean, the story of my tattoo. To start off, it's not even a tattoo. I'm told that I was born with it. The doctor told me that my mother began screaming because she thought that my skin hadn't fully grown in and that I was bleeding. After my mother's hysterical act, my dad was told by the doctor that it was a birthmark.

Yeah, this is one elaborate birthmark.

"It's cool, right?" I asked, locking my eyes onto Erza's brown ones.

"Yeah, I guess," she answered.

Our gaze was cut apart when our cheesecake arrived. That's when I noticed a familiar face of the waitress.

•Long white hair
•Blue eyes darting toward me and Erza
•And a matchmaker's giggle

This can only be one person: Mirajane Strauss, Fairy Tail High's Matchmaker.

As soon as I realized that Mira was there, I remembered the name of the bakery. We were at Strauss Cake Parlor. Her family owns the place!

I swallowed the last of my cheesecake, paid for the food, grabbed Erza and made our way out the door. I took her and ran until we reached the nearby park where the cherry blossoms grow.

The two of us laid against the stone gate, breathless.

"What gives, Jellal?! I was eating my cake!" She shouted.

"Gomen, Erza. I didn't mean to ruin our date." and we both blushed at what I said. I meant to say our get-together or something but, I said date. I said date!

"I meant to say-" But I was cut off by her tripping into the wall. And onto me. And now, I've got something on my lips.

I was pinned between a beautiful, scarlet-haired girl and a wall. And on top of all that, she was kissing me. How lucky am I? Not that I didn't mind though. She was a good kisser.

She finally let go and her face became as red as her hair, if not redder.

"G-Gomen, Jellal!" She stuttered.

I smirked. I meant to kiss her again but, my instincts told me not to.

I finally see why. There was a glowing red light on Erza's back. The kind of a laser.

I looked at the end of the laser's line and I saw a gun. A gun aimed right for Erza.

Just as the shooter fired, I quickly pushed Erza away and the bullet hit me instead. Several other shots were fired afterward.

I don't remember much after that. Erza was screaming and everything around me began to blur. The last I heard was a siren and then, I blacked out.