Don't Need No Umbrella

Location: Dragneel House, Levy's room; First day back to school)

January 8th

~Levy~

A full month went by without incidents. Since Christmas break was over, we were told that we had to go back to school today. My brothers groaned when they heard that. Wendy sweatdropped and Erza told them to stop complaining.

I didn't mind going back. The school doesn't really bother me. I'm actually more worried about Gajeel....

Wait.... GAJEEL?! Why in Mavis's name am I thinking of him for?! I can barely talk to him, especially after our date.... That's right....

We were inside the Ferris wheel after I had told him that I had never gone on one before. We were in booth 6.

We were so high up and I felt like a giant. And to me, that's a big deal!

"Look at the sunset!" I exclaimed.

After I had said that, I felt his eyes and me. I looked to find him staring at me. And a magical moment happened. Our gaze locked.

"Gajeel?" I asked.

Suddenly, I began to get closer to him.

"Yeah?" He responded.

And we got closer...

"Thanks for coming." I smiled, causing him to smirk.

And closer...

"No problem, Levy." He said.

And closer. I closed my eyes. At that moment, I thought I was going to kiss him. And then-

His phone went off. Both of our eyes shot wide open and we realized what we were about to do. The both of us slammed ourselves back into our sides of the booth and blushed the same color as Erza's hair.

It's so awkward between us now and then, there was the incident with his brother and- ARGH!!!!!!!

Why are boys so complicated?!

I slumped down on my bed and decided to call Gajeel.

"No answer? He always answers." I thought.

It was strange for him not to answer my calls. Something had to be wrong. I decided to call his sister (one of my best friends), Lu-chan.

"Levy?" she answered.

"Sorry to bother you but, is Gajeel home?" I asked.

"Actually, we were wondering if he was with you," Lucy said.

"He's not with me," I told her.

"Jellal-nii is getting worried. He told Gajeel to get groceries since he had nothing better to do. That was over an hour ago and now, it's raining." Lucy said.

A lightbulb went over my head. I thanked Lu and hung up. I changed my sneakers into my rain boots and grabbed my coat and umbrella.

Gajeel, I hate to think, could've been attacked. Lucy and Juvia have already been threatened and hell, Jellal was shot at! Yet, there's no doubt in my mind that he wasn't.

I was running as fast as I could. I ran to the supermarket where Gajeel was supposed to get groceries. I asked the register guy if he saw Gajeel and he told me that he saw someone of his description being dragged into the alley.

My eyes widen. I thanked the guy and ran to the location.

It was raining. I was breathless and had a death grip on my umbrella. Pitter, patter.

That was all I heard. My mind seemed to block out the rest of the world's sounds. The alley led to the next street over. It's so dark in the middle but, I can see it.

A trail of crimson and a bed of long, black hair.

Gajeel.