Past Selves

~Meredy~

Virgo led us to a deeper underground place. It seemed to be a safe house.

"It looks like we'll be safe here for now." Makarov said.

We arranged ourselves in the different rooms that were available.

The Heartfilias stayed in one, the Dragneels in another, Virgo and Aries shared, Mira and Laxus stayed in one and Makarov and Ur had separate rooms.

"It looks like you're stuck with me." Lyon smirked, picking up my body and laying it on the bed.

"I guess I am." I said.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." he said and left the room.

I wish I could move my body. It's a very powerful spell that Sabertooth pulled on me but, oh! What did Makarov say about it?

"Makarov-san?" I asked

The tiny old man looked up at me.

"I want to move again, Makarov-san." I said.

"It's a very powerful spell that they placed on you, Meredy. But, there is a way to break it." he said.

I perked up at the sound of that. I wanted to be able to move. I wanted to be able to eat. I wanted to love Lyon.

"This is a spell that puts the victim in a coma state. You're a special case though, since you have the ability to talk telepathically through Sensory Link. So, you now have two options." he explained.

"One is to defeat the person that placed the spell on you. In this case, it's Minerva Sabertooth."

"And what's the other option?"

"You must find the person who your past self was in love with and kiss him."

That was it. I have to find the person that the past Meredy loved. But, I've already searched through all of her memories and she was never in love with someone.

"We can't."

I don't remember this memory. This is must be a memory that hid itself somehow.

"What do you mean, Meredy?"

That's Lyon's voice.

"We're too different. You're the ace of Lamia Scale and I'm a criminal on the run. Lyon, we can't."

"Meredy... I love you."

"I love you too, Lyon and I'm sorry for what I'm about to do."

"What-"

The past me smiles at the past Lyon. Tears fall down her face.

"I'm sorry. I can't have you getting hurt again because of me."

What did she do? Wait, the memory is changing to a wedding, Lyon and Chelia's wedding.

"Meredy, you made him forget, didn't you?"

"Jellal, it wasn't a choice. It's like you said. Those who walked in the dark can't be with those that walk in the light."

The past Meredy and Jellal stood outside the reception. The past Lyon walked by her.

"Do I... Do I know you from somewhere?" He asked.

The past Meredy smiled sweetly, "I'm sorry. This is the first time we've met."

The past Meredy loved Lyon. I love Lyon. Does he love me? Could his feelings have changed since I was put in this state?

Lyon walked in with a towel around his neck.

"Meredy, if you need help with a shower-" he paused himself.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Meredy... You're crying." He said.

He was right. Even in my state, hot tears came out of my eyes.

"Why?" He asked, wiping the tears from my face.

"The other Meredy... She loved someone so much that she had to make him forget." I said.

"She sacrificed her own happiness to save the one she loved."

"You felt what she felt, right?"

I remained silent. What if I told him?

"I looked through past Lyon's stuff. As a kid, he trained with Ur and Gray. After Earthland Ur died, Lyon and Gray separated and crossed each other's paths 10 years later. Then Lyon became a member of Lamia Scale, the 3rd most powerful guild in the country. That was when he met a girl." He paused.

A girl?

"She had long hair, color of sakura. Green eyes, big green eyes. Lyon fell hard but, he only saw the girl at his wedding. But, the funny thing was that he swore that he saw the girl before." he chuckled.

The past me erased past Lyon's memory of her to protect him. He eventually married his guildmate and died in during a mission. After attending his funeral, the past me finally died of grief. It truly was a tale of forbidden love between them.

"The past me died thinking of that girl. Then, he finally remembered her name." Lyon said, beginning to lay down next to me.

"How long have you known, Meredy?" He asked.

"I found out not too long ago but, I didn't want to bug you with it so, I didn't say anything." I said, wanting to change the subject.

"Meredy, do you love me?"