She Said Sorry

Location: Magnolia Hospital

~Juvia~

"Clear!"

I keep hearing that word over and over. Every time it's said, I jump.

He'll be fine.

Gray-sama will be fine.

The doctor came out of the emergency room and a bit of my hope emerged from the darkness. At least, until I saw his face.

"G-Gray-sama?" I stuttered.

The doctor shook his head.

The world seemed to freeze in place.

"What? This has to be a joke. Gray wouldn't just die like that. He's too stubborn for that." I said in denial.

"I'm sorry, Miss Juvia. Gray Dragneel had passed away a few minutes ago." The doctor told me.

My heart shattered. It blew up. It shriveled up and died. It was torn from the inside. It broke down. It disappeared from its proper place. It's gone.

I tried my best not to cry in front of the doctor so, I asked, "Can I at least see him?"

The doctor nodded and took me to the room. He left me in there alone with him.

And I broke down. I couldn't bear to look at his body.

His raven colored hair looked darker from the blood.

His raven eyes were still open, fully lost their shine.

His ivory skin was a milky white, covered in cuts that made him seem like paper.

The color red had been completely splashed over him, almost creating a coat.

His clothes had been stained with that color. I was surprised that he still had his clothes on, with the exception of his shirt trying to-

I chocked. I can't say it. I can't even think it. He can't be gone.

"Juvia." I heard. His voice is in my head. If he must go, I must do one thing. I leaned down and pecked his soft, cold lips.

"GAHHHHH!" Gray breathed in.

He breathes deeply, in, out. As soon as he was able to catch his breath, he said, "Ultear said sorry. She wanted you to know."

Tears once again welled up in my eyes as I gave him a tight hug, careful not to hurt his injuries.

I broke the hug and kissed him, rough and passionate. It was just like that night.

"Juvia forgives Ultear," I said and I left to find the doctors.