The GaLe Date and A Phone Call

(Location: Magnolia Park; six hours before Jellal)

~Gajeel~

Where the hell is she?! I sat at the bench near the entrance of the park, waiting for the shrimp. I constantly keep checking my watch.

3:45.............. 3:46

She is half an hour late. I'm beginning to worry if she got lost, or worse....

"Gajeel!" I heard her shout.

She was running towards me. When she reached me, she flopped on the bench, breathless. Well, at least now I don't have to go on a wild goose chase...

"You're late. " I said.

"G-Gomen. *pant* Gajeel...." she apologized.

"So, you wanted to see me?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

I supposed that her cheeks were pink from running but, they began to turn redder and redder. I brought my hand to her forehead to check for a fever.

"What- What are you doing?" She asked, her cheeks as red as her sister's hair.

"Are you sick? If you are, I can take you home." I told her.

She took my hand off her head and her hands into her lap. She breathed in and shouted, "IWANTEDTOASKYOUOUTONADATE!!!!!!"

"Ok." I said and she looked at me, dumbfounded.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked her.

She was staring at me for a bit and then, she cleared her throat to speak.

"There is a festival here this week. I wanted to go but, it's a couples festival or something...." she said, slightly blushing.

"I'll take you. It's a good start on a first date." I smirked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

After they let us into the festival, Levy wanted to walk around and see what games they had.

There was this one game where she kept eyeing the panda bear.

"Oi, shrimp. You want that panda over there, right?" I asked her.

"But, it's one of those games to test your strength.... I couldn't possibly be able to win." she answered, looking down at her feet while twiddling her thumbs.

I ruffled her blue hair and approach the game. It was one of those games where you hit a bell with a hammer and see how strong you are. Should be a piece of cake.

I picked up the hammer and smashed the bell with all my might. The bar didn't go up though and I know why.

I broke the bell in half. The guy in charge of the game told me that I had to be superhuman to do that. I just took the panda and walked back to Levy.

"Here, shrimp." I said, handing the stuffed bear to her.

She cuddled with the small bear and my face felt slightly hot. She looked adorable.

"Gajeel, what's it like being on a ferris wheel?" She suddenly asked.

"You've never been on a Ferris wheel?!" I asked, dumbfounded.

She shook her head and I dragged her to the ferris wheel. We were in booth 6.

"Look at the sunset!" Levy exclaimed happily. Her eyes sparkled with so much excitement and her smile blinded me. She looked beautiful.

She caught me staring and we locked our eyes together.

"Gajeel?" She asked.
.
.
.
And we were getting closer-
.
.
.
"Yeah?" I answered.
.
.
.
And closer-
.
.
.
"Thanks for coming." she smiled.
.
.
.
And closer-
.
.
.
"No problem, Levy." and I was about to kiss her....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Until my phone rang from my back pocket.

We broke apart and blushed hard, realizing what we were about to do. I went for my phone and I saw that it was Levy's older sister, Erza. Why is she calling me?

I answered and I heard Erza crying. I told her to calm down and tell me what was going on. But, what she said next is what made my blood run cold:

Jellal was shot at. Now, he's in critical condition and is fighting for his life.