The Package and Another Phone Call

(Location: Heartfilia House; four days after Gajeel's beatdown)

January 12

~Romeo~

It was first Lucy-nee with a warning from Aries-chan.

Then, Juvia-nee got the threating phone calls.

Then, Jellal-nii got shot in the park.

Now, Gajeel-nii was found by Levy-chan in an alley, half beaten-to-death.

I'm scared. All these horrible things have happened to my siblings and I know that I'll be next. I'm the last Heartfilia.

It was Saturday again and I was at home. Juvia-nee went to the Dragneel house to hang out with Gray-san. Lucy went shopping with Wendy-chan, Levy-chan, and the other girls. Erza-san went to work. Natsu-san and Gajeel-nii went to hang out in an arcade and watch out for the girls at the mall. Jellal-nii and I were the only ones home.

I was in the living room, listening to music and reading comics.

All of a sudden, my headphones are yanked off my head and I see Jellal-nii staring at me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Could you go get the door? I think the mail is here," he said, giving me back my headphones.

I turned off my music, slung my headphones around my neck and I opened the door.

I went to the mailbox outside but, there was nothing there. The porch has a cardboard box though.

I grabbed the box and it was no bigger than my head but, it was so light. I carried it in and set it in front of Jellal-nii.

"Did you order something?" He asked.

"No. Did you order something?" I asked him.

"No." he answered.

We both stare at the box. Jellal-nii grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ripped the box open. Inside it was a bunch of styrofoam and another box that was way smaller than what it came in.

Jellal-nii grabbed the smaller box and studied it. The box was the size of a ring box. It was a dark blue and seemed to be covered in a velvety texture.

"A promise ring?" I guessed.

"We'll never know till we open it," Jellal-nii said and he opened the box.

I wish we didn't open it.

My brother and I stared at the horror in the box. Inside was my father's wedding ring.... Which was attached to a severed thumb?

I began screaming and my brother called the police about a kidnapping.

The Heartfilias are in trouble. And Dad has been Dad-napped.

~Lucy~

It's gotten crazier these days. And now, even our father could be in serious trouble. Most of the Heartfilias have been targeted. Mom died because of one of those attacks. I'm scared.

I was just laying on my bed when my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Long time, no see.... Lucy...." I heard the caller said.

I began to shake as he said those words.

Sting Eucliffe.