Chapter 3

"Found her?" Haechan mumbled as he sat beside Jeno on his room, both munching potato chips.

"Not yet." Jeno's finger typed very fast as as his eyes checked the monitor.

Haechan looked so confused and amazed by what Jeno was doing.

He only knew her face but now he's sitting at a computer table, hoping to find her.

"What if she doesn't have a social media account?" Haechan munched some chips as he looked at Jeno's fingertips who turned red from all the typing.

"Impossible. Who doesn't have one these days?"

"Maybe her..." Haechan licked his fingertips and yawned.

He looked at the clock and it was already midnight.

"What the? We've been here for three hours to find that girl?" Haechan scoffed at the boy next to him.

Jeno didn't budge, his eyes still staring at the monitor while his fingers does the typing.

"Dude, let's sleep. Just search for it tomorrow."

"No. I'll find her now and rip her head off." Jeno muttered with gritted teeth as he types aggressively.

"Chill dude, she just stole your wallet, you didn't even bring that much of money. You have plenty of cards too."

"She. Kicked. Me." Jeno mumbled enough for Haechan to know that he won't back off until he finds her.

"Well, I'll sleep then. Haerin might be looking for me." Haechan walked out of the room, leaving a stressed Jeno.

...

"Woah, $300?" Hyejin gasped at the money in her hands before looking at the picture of the boy again.

She smirked at it as she hid the money on her drawer before locking it.

The clock strikes 1:00 midnight but she was still awake, wondering on where her brother could be.

His brother always work when it's late and he would come back the next day or the day after tomorrow.

Hyejin felt loneliness since the year her family broke, specially when her brother kept on disappearing out of her sight.

Groaning, a sudden bad feeling made her shiver as she hastily took her phone.

She dialed her brother's number expecting him to pick up yet he didn't.

"Come on." She pleaded, calling his number numerous times before she gave up, plopping herself on the bed.

"Where could you be!?"

After a while her phone rang and she quickly took her phone, a sigh of relief went out of her lips as she saw the caller ID.

"Hey! I called you many ti-"

"I won't be coming home till the day after tomorrow. My boss extended my work so please behave."

His voice sounded exhausted and Hyejin frowned, slightly cursing her brother's boss.

"Oh, yeah okay. Take care."

"Mhm. Bye."

Her brother ended the call making her frown.

"What's wrong with him?"

Staring at her phone, she felt strange as his brother never talked to her like that before.

Hyejin yawned after she placed her phone on the nightstand, the picture of the boy gaining her attention as she gently took it.

"You're handsome. Too bad you're no fun."

Hyejin laughed, reminiscing the way how the boy held his little friend when she kicked him.

"Well goodnight, Lee Jeno."

...