Chapter 45

"Jaemin baby~"

Hyejin cooed and gave her biggest smile as Jaemin, her 'boyfriend' came inside the room. As the boy heard his name, he stopped walking and stared at her in disbelief.

"What? Me?" Jaemin looked at the other members whose reactions are also as shocked as his; specially Jeno.

"What do you mean Hyejin?" Renjun asked.

"Wha- why are your reactions like that? Specially you baby, aren't you happy that I'm fine now?"

"W-what?" Jeno stuttered.

The boys were shook and Haerin hung her mouth low while staring at Hyejin. The boys looked at each other before Jisung awkwardly laughed.

"Oh come on Hyejin, don't scare us like that?"

"What do you mean? You guys are weird. I got into an accident and you guys are pranking me like this."

Hyejin laughed and caressed her other arm while the others were so confused about what was happening. They looked at Jaemin who obviously have no idea on what is on with her.

"Hyejin...Why do you think are you in the hospital?" Haerin asked.

"Wow...You guys don't remember?" Hyejin chuckled. "I was flying from Singapore to come and celebrate my anniversary with Jaemin. Turns out the pilot was drunk so we crashed."

"What's wrong with you?" Renjun knitted his eyebrows.

"What? Well it's a good thing that I didn't die. I was planning on marrying my baby~"

Hyejin cooed and smiled at Jaemin who awkwardly waved his hand at her. Jeno, who stood by the side punched the wall before walking out of the room.
All of them was startled at the sudden thud, specially Hyejin.

"Baby~ hug~" Hyejin pouted.

They looked at each other weirdly and urged Jaemin to hug her even if they all don't know what was happening.

...

"As I've examined, her brain couldn't handle the traumatic scenes and that caused her to have a traumatic brain injury." The doctor paused.

"Through this, ms.Choi created her own memory since she didn't want to remember those things again. We still don't know if it is temporary or not but as of now,—"

The doctor looked at each of them until he spotted Jaemin at Hyejin's bed who hugged the sleeping girl.

"—Mr. Na Jaemin, please be her boyfriend for awhile. We don't want her brain and heart to ache more if you don't follow what her memory says. Thank you."

The doctor bowed and walked away while the others widened their eyes at the news; specially Jaemin. They looked at each other and Haerin tilted her head to the side, only to see Jeno at the doorstep with an unexplainable emotion on his face.

"Jen-"

The boy walked away before the members could even reach him and Jaemin knew his best friend was upset. He continued to caress Hyejin's hair who hugged him tightly.

Jeno was furious once again. His sparkling eyes became like the eyes of a dead fish but filled with anger. His lips were dry and his veins were popping out of his temples and neck.

He was angry at himself.

He couldn't think straight. He walked on the same dead-end hallway and punched the wall again.

"He lost her. Who knows if she will come back or not? If she will forgive him or not. The little boy just realized...He likes her."

Haerin glanced at the boy beside him before placing her hand on his knuckles that were bleeding once again.

"Do you get me?" Jeno nodded.

"Now tell me, Lee Jeno. Do you like her?"

"I like her! Choi Hyejin! I like you!"

"Lee. Jeno. You. Are. So. Dumb."

Jeno screamed, not caring that some people who saw him looked at him like he was a psycho. He kicked the trash can and punched the wall over and over again.

Jaemin baby~

"Stop..."

Jeno clutched his throbbing head. He could feel his heart-beat on his head as it continued to palpitate. His breathing was uneven, almost gone.

Aren't you happy to see me baby?

"Stop it!"

Jeno coughed before crouching on the floor as many people surrounded him out of worry. The poor boy clutched his head that was aching so bad before he laid down on the dirty, cemented floor.

I was planning to marry my baby~

"STOP!"

Multiple screams were heard as the boy yelled. He laid unconscious on the ground with both hands still on his head. His face and neck were red and his lips were cracked.

"Someone bring him to the hospital!"

"What happened to him!? Is he dead!?"

Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno

...