Chapter 22

"Where's Hyejin?" Chenle asked.

"She said she'll join us later. She seems a bit... rushed."

They all stared upstairs, hoping to see Hyejin come down and eat with them. There was no sign of her coming down so Jeno got impatient.

"Why are you waiting for her? Let's eat." Jeno huffed and started eating.

The others slowly followed and ate their food, savoring the dish until they forgot about Hyejin upstairs.

...

The two were once again eating together since Yeji promised to bring Yeonjun food everyday.

"This is so delicious." Yeji beamed.

Yeonjun just gave a nod and continued on eating the food like a kid making Yeji smile at his cuteness.

His cheeks were bloated like a squirrel while he chewed his food, eating another spoonful.

"You know, you really are a three year old."

"What?" Yeonjun looked up with his mouth full.

"Chew that first." Yeji laughed at his face.

Yeonjun scoffed and chewed his food slowly while looking at Yeji's plate that was barely touched.

He knew something was wrong since she was a bit quieter than the other days he was together with her.

"What's wrong?" Yeonjun asked.

"Huh? Oh, Nothing...Just."

Yeonjun nodded at Yeji, urging her to say what she wanted to say before he took another bite.

"I want to set you free." She paused. "But I...can't."

Yeji sighed and placed her plate down while staring at the vase near them making Yeonjun frown in confusion.

"Why do you care?" He sneered.

"What?"

"Why do you...care so much?"

"I told you, being kind to som-"

"No, I mean. Why me even if i kept on giving you a cold shoulder?"

"I don't know I..."

Yeji gave a long pause making Yeonjun anxious on what she was about to say. She was hesitant at first but she decided to give it a try.

"I think I like you."

Yeonjun froze. He sat still while staring at her face as she stared back at the vase. Yeji sighed and turned back to him making him divert his gaze on the bed.

"I like you, Yeonjun."

"Um...I...uh"

"It's okay, I can wait." Yeji smiled.

...

"We're done alread-"

"It's okay, I can eat alone."

Hyejin smiled at all of them and sat on her usual seat, not noticing a boy who continued to eat opposite her.

"Oh, great! Jeno's still not done, you'll have someone to accompany you." Haerin smiled.

She tensed, looking up to see Jeno who stared at her with his blank face. His stare wasn't hatred nor anger; It was...blank.

Hyejin gave a fake smile and ate her food, shivering as the others already left them alone in the dining room.

"Why are you quiet?"

"You seem tensed."

The two looked onto each other in shock as they synchronized on saying what they wanted to say.

"Oh um...you first." Hyejin gulped.

"Why are you tensed?"

"Oh...just...Well you know, being alone with you..." She stuttered. "How about you? Why are you quiet?"

"I have nothing to say to you." He scoffed.

"Oh...okay."

"How's your brother?" Jeno quickly asked.

"I thought you don't have anything to say."

"Just answer it."

Hyejin laughed and took another spoonful, savoring it while staring at Jeno's chest.

"I don't know...I can't reach him." She sighed.

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows at her, thinking on why she couldn't reach him even after a week.

"What if he...hates me?"

"Maybe."

"Hey~ I was joking. He wouldn't hate me."

Jeno scoffed and placed his utensils down neatly since he finished eating already. Planning to get up, he stopped when a voice called him.

"Can you wait for me? I'm almost done."

...

I hope you won't get annoyed by so many Yeji x Yeonjun scenes because they will have a big part in this story.