Chapter 48

"Jeno, where's Jaemin?"

Hyejin asked as she ate the slices of apple that Jeno sliced for her. He couldn't look at her straight in the eye as his heart still ached for what happened.

"He and the others came home to take some of your stuff so I was in charge of looking after you."

"Right. You're my best friend so you should look after me." Hyejin glared at him jokingly.

"Best friend." Jeno whispered.

Hyejin nodded and took a bite on the slice of apple before lifting it up on Jeno's face. Jeno looked at the apple and cleared his throat.

"Want some?"

"No thanks, your saliva i-"

"Just eat."

Hyejin pushed the apple on his mouth and smiled at him before taking another slice. Jeno scoffed and slightly smiled before chewing the apple on his mouth.

"Oh right." Hyejin swallowed her food. "Yesterday, a girl came to me when you went to the bathroom. She said that she needed to talk to me.

"So? What happened?" Jeno looked up.

"We were just going to start talking but when you came out of the bathroom she suddenly ran away out of the room."

"Who is she?"

"I don't know. We didn't get to talk but she seems oddly familiar. She's pretty too."

Jeno clenched his fists before nodding at Hyejin. He controlled himself since he didn't want to vent his anger on her specially since he wasn't sure if it's the girl he inspected.

...

"Okay, are we all set?" Haerin asked.

They all nodded and Chenle came to Jaemin before poking his shoulders. Jaemin looked at him and smiled before bending a little to hear what he's whispering.

"Jaemin what time is it?"

"I don't know...wait...Renjun!!!"

"Why are you shouting!? It's literally four at midnight!"

"It's four at midnight."

They've been packing for fifteen minutes but they decided to stay a little longer to give Jeno and Hyejin the time to talk with each other.

Chenle laughed and punched Jaemin's shoulder before walking away. Haechan and Haerin helped each other on carrying one box while the others carried some of Hyejin's stuff on the trunk.

...

"Hello~ Good morning."

They all greeted each other and Jaemin sat on Hyejin's bed before stroking her hair. Jeno cleared his throat and Jaemin immediately backed away while still smiling at Hyejin to not make it suspicious.

"Where were you guys~ I'm hungry."

"You could've asked Jeno to buy you some."

"But I want to eat with Jaem~"

"Jaem?" Jeno asked.

"Yeah, Jaem...Jaemin."

Haechan looked at Jeno and he saw the change on his facial expression so he quickly butted in their talks.

"How about me? Don't you have any nickname for me?"

"I don't know...HaeHae?" Hyejin laughed.

"Haha...Very funny." Haechan scoffed.

Hyejin stuck out her tongue before hugging Jaemin's arm. Jaemin stiffened and looked at Jeno who had his eyes on their linked arms.

"Oh right, we still haven't eaten yet...We'll buy you guys some food." Haerin stood up.

The others followed except for Jeno and Jaemin. Jisung stood on the doorstep awkwardly before clearing his throat.

"Jaemin! Renjun said he wants to talk to you."

With that, Jaemin nodded and slowly climbed out of Hyejin's before rubbing her hands to assure her. As he got out of the room, Hyejin quickly looked at Jeno and pouted her lips at him before pointing at her plates.

"Can I have apples again?"

...