Chapter 65

"I'm guessing everything is done now right?" Renjun questioned.

Hyejin smiled and looked at which made him look back and smile at her. The smile she gave made everyone feel comfortable while they looked at Jeno who seemed lost. The boy walked straight, still not knowing what and how everything happened.

Sungchan and Shotaro walked slowly, looking confused. Haechan and the others agreed to train Sungchan and Shotaro so they can be part of Nct as a payback for saving Hyejin.

Haerin walked near to Hyejin and nudged her shoulder before pouting her lips at Jeno which made Hyejin sigh heavily. The sight of his lost state made her feel bad so they all encouraged her silently which made Hyejin clear her throat and walk towards Jeno before patting his arm.

Jeno stopped walking and looked at Hyejin who obviously had a nervous expression on her face. Her eyes were shaking yet when Jeno smiled at her with ease, it stopped.

"C-can we talk?" Hyejin pursed her lips

He slightly laughed and ruffled her hair, earning a small grunt from her. They both walked away from the others who smiled deeply as the knew they'll finally work things out.

The two went towards the large and empty quadrangle which is for an airplane's landing area. As they both sat on a non-prohibited area, Hyejin opened her mouth only to close it again as she suddenly got nervous.

Silence filled the air and rustles of the grass was the only thing heard. Jeno also didn't say anything since he didn't know where to start. He felt dumb as he remembered that he kissed her many times yet a simple talk like this made him awkward; same with Hyejin.

After a few seconds, Jeno grew impatient and cleared his throat that made Hyejin breathe unevenly. After a deep exhale, Jeno spoke up.

"So." He started. "Was that kiss-"

"Yes." She sighed. "I love you. I just didn't really know what I feel that time and I-"

"I love you more."

Jeno bit his lip and smiled afterwards earning a warm smile from Hyejin. The two once again fell into deep silence yet it wasn't awkward anymore. The cold breeze of air made them both shiver making Jeno lick his lips.

"So...Why did you kiss me?"

"Hm?"

"You're still together with Jaemin, so why did you kiss me?"

"I remember everything now." She sighed. "Actually, I remembered everything a week ago but I just don't want to tell you just yet I-I'm sorry."

Jeno smiled sadly and looked up the sky. The beautiful sunset filled his sight with a flock of birds that flew through it. His forced smile made Hyejin nervous all of a sudden as she knew that she made him feel bad.

"An apology won't be a solution to everything, you know?" Jeno stared at her.

"What do you want me to do then?"

His deep black orbs devoured her soul making her stiffen while her own eyes bore unto his, not wanting to look away. It was dead silent. Thus, it made the scene more intense as the boy slowly leaned in.

Hyejin's uneven breathing became even more uneven as the boy teased her with his eyes. She felt trapped inside those beautiful eyes. The mole under it was beautiful that gave her astonishment.

"Kiss me."

With no hesitation, Hyejin slowly leaned in and slowly closed her eyes before savoring Jeno's soft lips. Her hands went to his torso and gripped them as her neck was reaching high to match his height even when sitting down.

Jeno on the other hand snaked his hand from her shoulders up to her nape, giving her a tingling sensation. The kiss was wild yet no one wanted to stop. Deepening the kiss more, Jeno pulled her nearer and bit her lip making her grip on his torso tighter.

"I love you," Jeno smiled through the kiss. "Choi Hyejin."

"I love you too."

Hyejin smiled and patted Jeno's shoulder, telling him to stop. They both panted as they finished their kiss with foreheads attached to each other. Jeno chuckled and rubbed his nose on hers making her giggle.

"So...Are we officially together now?" Hyejin asked, enlightened by the kiss.

"Not yet." Jeno scrunched his face and smiled teasingly. "I need a special place to ask you. Not here."

Hyejin frowned and backed away from Jeno before staring at him with her mouth hanging low. Chuckling at her cuteness, he ruffled her hair which made her roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Just wait."

With what Jeno said, Hyejin slowly smiled and stood up, extending her hand for Jeno to grab. The boy scoffed and slowly placed his hand on hers only to pull her back down with him on the floor.

Hyejin gasped as she fell straight down on his lap, heartbeat slowly increasing. Jeno smirked and caressed her head soothingly while staring at her eyes full of love.

Their faces were inches apart yet no one had the idea of kissing since they were tired of doing so. They just sat still, looking straight at each others eyes as the feeling of exhilaration lingered on their minds.

"Do you know how I define beauty?" Jeno asked.

"How?"

"By looking at y-"

"Yo guys! We need to go!"

The two on the ground quickly looked up and Hyejin quickly pushed Jeno away making Jeno inhale sharply. He glared at Renjun who raised a peace sign while the rest of them laughed. Hyejin cleared her throat and ran to the others making Jeno scoff and follow her while glaring at Renjun.

...

I AM TRULY SORRY FOR A VERY LATE UPDATE

So as I've said on the previous chapters, Typhoon Ulysses hit the Philippines two weeks ago so my family together with our team repackaged some of our donations for my fellow filipinos; specifically in Cagayan. We spent days of packaging our donations and I also finished my school works that's why I had little time to write this.