Chapter 58

"Oh no...What have I done?"

Hyejin paced around her room, biting her finger as she processed what she did on the basement. Not only did she give in to the kiss, she was partially the one who have lead it.

"Why did I kiss him!? Why? Hyejin you're so stupid!"

The girl growled and slapped herself three times before looking at the mirror. Her swollen lips and vermillion cheeks reflected unto it making her more embarrassed.

She sat down on the bed, staring at the empty, white wall and sighed. Her mind went elsewhere; not thinking about the kiss anymore as she knew it would only make her furious.

"How are you up there?" Hyejin smiled.

"I hope you're fine. I'm sorry I tried to kill myself that day...I didn't want too...I just didn't know what to do without you."

"I miss you. Your smile, your eyes, your nags...You. You left the world too early Yeon. You left me too early."

Hyejin laid back-flat on the bed, staring at the  ceiling as she pictured her brother smiling down to her. She couldn't cry. She wanted to but she couldn't.

"Oh yeah, I just kissed a guy today." Hyejin gagged. "He is handsome, he had this cute eye smile and his toned muscles are- you probably know him. Yes, Jeno Lee."

"You must be shocked that I, Choi Hyejin kissed a boy for the first time in my life." Hyejin laughed. "And the funny thing is, he's also my first kiss...and I won't forget that day."

"Wait, be careful. There's oi-"

Before Hyejin could even finish her sentence, Jeno slipped from the oil and fell forward causing a loud thud. He felt something soft under him but he couldn't care less since his foot hurt from the fall.

What he didn't realize was that, someone's soft lips was attached on his own, not until he opened his eyes.

Hyejin froze in spot and goosebumps formed on her body as Jeno practically squished her on the floor, kissing her.

"Jeno...I...can't...breathe." She voiced out, her lips still attached on Jeno's own lips.

Jeno quickly stood up with widened eyes before wiping his lips with the back of his hand as he stared awkwardly on the floor.

"I hope you're doing good brother, I love you."

Hyejin smiled and shot a flying kiss on the wall, pretending that her brother gave it back to her. She was no longer the girl who cried for anger and vengeance for her brother and she felt much better than before.

A knock on the door was suddenly heard and in came Renjun with a huge smile on his face. He immediately closed the door and locked it before jumping on Haerin's bed, staring at her lips.

"..."

"..."

"Wha-"

"Did you and Jeno kiss!?"

Hyejin sat up and rushed to Renjun, covering his mouth that never stopped smiling. The boy then licked her palm, making her take her hand back, disgusted.

"Ew!! Just so you know, I haven't washed my hands since I went to the basement!"

"Nah, it's okay...It's better than Jaemin's coffee."

"Wha-"

"So, did you?...And if I say you...It means did you, Choi Hyejin, kissed the Lee Jeno? Or the other way around but whatever."

"Renjun, I'm tir-"

"Nope, no one is allowed to be tired when they're talking to me because honey, I need tea. Now spill."

"Are you sure you're not Jaemin?"

Renjun groaned and held Hyejin's shoulders before shaking them vigorously. His gaze changed from playful to demanding and Hyejin gulped, clearly intimidated by his cute little figure.

"He kissed me."

"Oh...yeah, makes sens-"

"But, I have lead the kiss too."

"You what!?"

Hyejin sighed and rolled her eyes at Renjun before lying back on the bed; back opposite Renjun. The boy rolled his eyes back and turned serious all of a sudden.

"Hyejin, tell me the truth." He paused. "Do you remember everything?"

"Huh?"

"You won't kiss him back if you know Jaemin's your boyfriend...Do you remember everything now?"

"I-i...yes. But please don't te-"

"We should. We should tell them already. You'll hurt them more if they knew that you were faking it these past few days."

"But..." Hyejin gazed at Renjun and his aura was too intimidating for her. "Fine, but please...not Jeno yet."

"He'll be hurt mo-"

"Please."

Renjun sighed and nodded halfheartedly. He didn't want to hurt Jeno but he also didn't want to hurt Hyejin's feelings.

"Just remember, we'll never know what will happen tomorrow. Tell him the truth as soon you can."

...

...
Off topic but I baby Taeil even tho he's 11 years older than me😌