Chapter 18

"Hello."

A voice beamed inside the room making the boy look up despite the throbbing pain on his head.

"I'm here to check on your wounds." She gasped. "Which is very severe."

The girl quickly ran to his bed and checked on his wounds before gasping.

"Yeonjun!?"

As she yelled his name, Yeonjun quickly averted his gaze on the vase inside the room while the girl was still in shock.

"W-why are you- what happened?"

"One question." Yeonjun whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"To treat someone's wounds and i cant believe that it's you-"

"Why? Do you work for them?"

"Huh? Who?"

Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows at the clueless girl and examined her face.

"Yeji, right?" Yeonjun quipped. "Now, why are you here?"

"My father asked me to treat someone. You see, I'm a nurse." Yeji brought her ID out of her pocket.

"Father?"

"Yes, and I won't tell you who he is now come on, let me treat your wounds."

Yeonjun noticed her tensed state and he felt odd but he tried to push the thoughts away, not until he saw something green flashing on her chest.

...

"I've been here for almost a week and i still can't reach my brother."

Hyejin paced around Haerin's room while the other girl kept on giving her sad smiles.

"He'll call yo-"

"That's what you always say," Hyejin groaned. "But he doesn't anyways."

"I'm sure he's fine, maybe he wanted some time alone for a few days."

Hyejin sighed and nodded before smiling at Haerin who hugged her. Someone knocked on the room making them back off.

"Can i borrow her now?" Haechan asked.

"She's yours tho."

Haechan stuck his tongue out to Hyejin and walked inside before playfully smiling at her.

Hyejin laughed and nodded before walking out of the room, only to see Jaemin standing near the staircase.

"Oh? What are you doing here?"

"Well, i knew that Haechan wanted to have time with his girlfriend so I'm here for you instead." He smiled.

"Huh?"

"You can rant all you want." Jaemin lent his hand out. "I'm your friend now."

Hyejin smiled and quickly held his hand before they walked together on the other side of the mansion.

Jaemin led her in the kitchen and wore an apron, giving her another one for her to use.

"Oh great! Jisung's here, come." He motioned at Jisung.

"Do you know how to cook?" Jaemin asked Hyejin.

"Me? I'm terrible."

"Great! I'll teach you!" He beamed

"If you want to live in a burning house then I'll gladly accept the offer."

Jaemin laughed and told her to tie her hair before handing her and Jisung a ladle.

They started to cook some of the dishes, well, mostly Jaemin but the other two helped him with it.

"I'll leave you and Jisung alone for a while, make sure to check on the dishes."

Jaemin walked outside to get fresh vegetables while the other two looked at each other, not knowing what to do.

"I seriously don't know how to cook." Hyejin gulped.

"I'm sure you're not that bad."

...

"This is totally bad."

The two stared at the mess inside the kitchen; spaghetti sauce everywhere and scattered vegetables on the ground together with a fish that was thrown away from the pan.

"What's that smell? Yo, what the fuck!?"

Renjun and Chenle stood at the doorstep, gasping at the sight of the white wall that was now red due to the sauce.

"Jisung the fish is burning!"

Jisung ran from where he is standing and turned the stove off before the fish will be thrown from the pan again.

What he didn't know was that he made the fire stronger than what it was and nobody noticed it.

"I'm ba- What in the world?"

Jaemin stood beside Chenle, his jaw dropped from the sight together with the vegetables he was holding.

"I was gone for less than five minutes!"

"It's his fault!"

"It's her fault!"

The two glared at each other before arguing on who's at fault while the other members were still in shock of what was happening.

"Um...G-guys." Chenle stuttered. "The fish burned."

...