Chapter 10

Hyejin was utterly nervous. She hesitated to knock on the front door so she paced on their front yard.

"This is your house. Why are you nervous?"

Hyejin ignored Jaemin and bit her thumb; her habit when she's nervous or scared.

Jeno scoffed and gently pushed her away before banging on the front door many times.

"What are you doing!?"

"This is your house!"

"Both of you calm down."

The door opened immediately and there showed Yeonjun with his bruised face.

"Hyejin!"

"Yeon!"

They hugged each other tightly while the other two stared at them.

"W-what happened to you? Your face, y-"

"I fell from the stairs." Yeonjun lowered his head. "But why are you here? How?

"We brought her." Jaemin smiled.

"You! You guys are one of them aren't you?" He growled. "What did they do to you, Hyejin?"

"What? What do you mean one of them? And I'm totally fine."

"She passed out the other night so we took care of her."

"And I'm back!" Hyejin beamed.

"Not permanently." Jeno mumbled.

"What?" Yeonjun asked.

Yeonjun pulled Hyejin to keep her closer to him while staring at Jeno.

"Brother, they want me to stay with them for one week! Protect me!" Hyejin glared at Jeno.

"N-no I- You took care of her right?"

"Yes." Jaemin nodded.

"Hyejin." Yeonjun placed his hands on her shoulders. "Stay with them."

Hyejin widened her eyes and knitted her eyebrows before a tear escaped her eye.

"W-what?"

"Don't come back here until i said so." Yeonjun's breath hitched.

"B-bu-"

"Go. Pack your things."

Yeonjun nodded at Jaemin and Jeno before dragging Hyejin upstairs. The other two shared a look while they waited outside of their house.

"Yeon, I-i don't understand."

"You'll know. Just pack. We don't have much time."

Hyejin teared up as she unwillingly packed her things inside a luggage.

"I'll come back for you. I promise."

Yeonjun kissed her forehead before they both headed out to meet the other boys.

"Take care of her."

"Yes."

"Wait for me, Hyejin." Yeonjun hugged her. "I'll get you back."

Hyejin was so confused together with the two boys that her tears were no longer coming out.

She felt miserable and betrayed by her own brother. With one last look, their car drove off until it was already out of sight.

Yeonjun sighed and punched the wall before walking towards the park to find the man.

"Don't let them see you, Hyejin."

...

"Why!? Doesn't he love me!? I thought we're siblings!? Why~"

Hyejin cried endlessly from the car until they got back at the mansion.

Her eyes were puffy and she couldn't breathe properly because of her runny nose.

"Stop crying!" Jeno growled.

Hyejin ignored him and kept on crying while Jaemin held her luggage.

"It's okay. I'm sure he has a reason."

Jaemin smiled at Hyejin and caressed her back soothingly making her cries quieter.

Jeno scoffed and grabbed Hyejin's wrist roughly, pulling her unto the other side of the mansion; specifically to Haerin's room.

"Talk."

With that, Jeno left her bedroom and went straight to his own room.

"What happened?" Haerin gasped.

"M-my brother."

Hyejin told her the whole story and Haerin smiled a little while wiping her cheeks.

"You know what? I was like that too." Haerin chuckled. "My aunt made me stay here with them and I hated it so much. But look at me now, I'm Haechan's girlfriend."

"At least Haechan is a bit gentler than the others."

"What? Who told you that? He was the one who hated me the most. But still, we got together."

"I still don't like it here. I only like you." She hugged Haerin.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Maybe you'll find your love-life here too." Haerin giggled.

Hyejin gagged and pretended to puke before they both laughed, completely forgetting the problem she was having.

...