Chapter 47

Hyejin stretched her afms before sitting up on her bed, staring at the others who peacefully had their own worlds.

"Why is Jeno still not here? Don't tell me he has a girlfriend already." Hyejin laughed.

The others awkwardly laughed and Hyejin didn't seem to buy it. She looked at each of them one by one before gasping.

"He has a girlfriend already!? He's my best friend and he couldn't even tell me these things!?" Hyejin huffed.

"Y-your best friend?...Jeno?"

"Uh, yeah? We've been friends for like...two years?" Hyejin cocked an eyebrow.

Her attitude changed together with her way of speaking. Hyejin changed and the others didn't want the new her. They wanted the old Hyejin; clueless and innocent. Except for the fact that she steals but they want her back.

"Wait Hyejin...How did you and Jaemin got together again?" Jisung asked.

"Tell them baby." Hyejin poked Jaemin.

"O-oh...uh...right...um...I courted you then uh...you said yes." Jaemin scratched his nape.

Hyejin had her mouth hung low while her fingers dropped the grape she was going to eat. She felt disappointed to Jaemin.

"Jaemin, how can you forget?"

"Dude, she doesn't call you baby anymore."

"Because I'm sad." Hyejin pouted.

Just then, the door opened revealing Jeno who had his head hung low. Hyejin averted her gaze to Jeno and she immediately frowned.

"Hey! Why didn't you tell me that you have a girlfriend!?"

"What?" Jeno voiced out.

"I'm your best friend yet you can't even tell me these things." She scoffed.

"Anyways...who's the girl?~"

Jeno stared at Hyejin then at Jaemin who didn't spare a look at him. He sighed and shook his head making Hyejin frown again.

"Who? Is she the girl you liked in art class? What's her name again?...Yuri?...Hyuri?"

"Who? And no...I don't have a girlfriend."

Jeno sat beside Renjun who gave him a pat on the back while Hyejin stuck her tongue out at Jeno before motioning Jaemin to come sit next to her.

"Baby, come here."

"Wait...you're not mad anymore?"

"About what?" Hyejin questioned.

"Just now...you were...I..."

"What are you saying? Come here."

Jaemin hesitantly sat beside her and Jeno stared at the two on the bed. He then looked at Haerin who awkwardly looked away from him before looking away.

...

"And she forgot it after just a few minutes?"

"Yes, doctor."

The doctor wrote down all the things that they've said. They left Jeno and Hyejin alone in the room since Hyejin is sleeping and Jaemin didn't want to be with her every single minute.

"I wouldn't say it's a good thing...but it's not bad either. If she forgets new memories that she made today, it means she might also forget that You are her boyfriend and get back to normal." He pointed at Jaemin.

"Or...She might not get her old memories back if she kept on forgetting things. Please ask her more about your old memories together...but don't push it too hard."

They all nodded and left the doctor's room while they were processing on what he said. The others were sad and some were tired from all that was happening.

"So she might get her old memories back or she just might forget them all?"

"How is the doctor not sure about it!?"

(I don't know. Ask the author)

They walked around the hallway, heading to Hyejin's room. Haechan heard a muffled voice inside her room so he peaked in the clear window, only to see Jeno who held her hand tightly.

He smiled and nodded at the others making them smile. They decided to eat at the hospital canteen to leave the two alone.

A girl, meanwhile, stared at their disappearing backs. She looked at some of the people sitting on the hallway while clutching something in her bag before walking away again as a doctor walked past her.

...