Chapter 42

"Guys I brought ramen."

Haerin slowly walked at the dull hallway where all the members sat, looking as if they lost someone they love.

She sadly smiled and went to her boyfriend before rubbing his back. She whispered soothing words to him and passed the bowls of ramen to each of them.

"I'm sorry...it's all my fault." Haerin mumbled, enough for all of them to hear.

"If I did not leave her alone in the building the-"

"No, it's mine...I pushed her too hard that her head bled." Chenle gulped.

"No one is at fault, okay? We just need to be patient...she'll wake up soon."

They all shut their mouths as the youngest said those words. Jeno was still nowhere to be found which made Haerin wonder where he went.

"Jeno?" She whispered.

"We don't know too." Haechan sighed.

Haerin widened her eyes at the thought of Jeno hurting himself so she quickly stood up and walked away to find him. Haechan wanted to follow her but he knew that she would shoo him away so he stayed on his chair while watching her.

...  

The hallway was filled of people so it was hard for Haerin to find a particular face, specially because the hospital was wide.

"Jeno...where are you?"

Haerin turned her head from left to right but she couldn't find him. She sighed and decided to walk outside for some fresh air.

As she did, she walked on the children's playground and sat on the bench while watching the children playing with each other.

"Mommy, he's hurt!"

A little girl yelled and pulled her mother's sleeve before pointing at a boy who sat on the bench slightly far from Haerin.

Haerin looked at the direction where the little girl was pointing at and gasped as she saw Jeno who rubbed his temples while blood was dripping from his knuckles.

Haerin quickly walked towards him and sat on the bench which made Jeno look up. He groaned as he saw her so he quickly stood up but was pulled down by the same person.

"You're hurt." Haerin mumbled.

Haerin took the handkerchief from her pocket and tied it into a knot on Jeno's knuckles to prevent it from bleeding.

"We're at a hospital and you're using a handkerchief to treat my wounds?" Jeno scoffed.

"I know that you won't let the doctors to touch your precious hand." Haerin smiled.

Jeno stayed blank as he crossed his arms together while watching the kids play. Haerin stared at his side view before smiling a little.

"You like her already don't you?"

"What?"

"Hyejin...you like her."

"No, I don't." Jeno cocked an eyebrow.

"Then who do you like?"

Jeno stopped breathing for a second and quickly averted his gaze from Haerin. The girl smiled and stared at her lap since she knew the answer.

"I actually know..." Haerin paused. "I know that you like me."

Jeno froze on his spot and he stood up but Haerin pulled him down again. The boy didn't want to look at her, not because he truly likes her but because he's disappointed to himself for still liking someone who already has a boyfriend.

"You like me, but I'm already with Haechan. That's why I always tease you with Hyejin...because I want you to move on from me."

"Hyejin is a good girl and I approve her for you. All of us do. You two make a great match but you just can't see it."

"I remember how you shouted at me the day when I got back on the mansion. You didn't even ask if I was okay...She was the only person in your mind."

Haerin smiled and held Jeno's hand before rubbing it with her thumb which caused Jeno to flinch and clear his throat.

"You're starting to move on from me and like her. All of us can see it. So please Lee Jeno, be good to her."

With that, Haerin stood up and walked away from Jeno who seemed to be confused with what she just said. He doesn't know what he feels anymore.

Jeno remembered the day when both of the girls were kidnapped but only Hyejin's face popped on his head. Haerin is the first girl he liked; maybe loved. But Hyejin...he doesn't know..

"What are you doing to me, Choi Hyejin?"

...