Chapter 46

Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno

"Lee Jeno...wake up~"

Doyoung shook his younger member's body gently before smiling at him as his eyes fluttered open.

The boy slowly opened his eyes and looked at his surroundings before sitting up straight quickly causing his head to spin.

"Hey! Just lie down first!"

"What happened!? Was everything a drea-

"You collapsed on the street and Haechan called me. It's fine now."

Jeno slowly lied down on the bed; heart cracking piece by piece. He swallowed the lump on his throat and he chuckled as his ears reddened.

"So it's true." He smiled sadly. "I lost her."

"I lost someone I like...again."

Jeno chuckled while Doyoung stared at him while giving him a rub on his arm. He felt pitiful for the boy specially because his heart broke for the second time but he couldn't do anything.

"Everything will be okay."

Jeno looked away from Doyoung and his blank face was once again visible. He didn't want to show his weak side to his members.

"Can you...leave me alone, please?"

Doyoung sighed and nodded before patting his shoulders once again. Jeno nodded at him and sighed deeply once he left.

"Lee Jeno...you are so dumb."

Jeno laughed as he repeated the same words over and over again. He cussed at himself and also at Haerin for making him believe that he likes Hyejin.

...

"Want more?"

The girl on the bed nodded before smiling at Jaemin who fed her more grapes. The others were seating on the sofa while staring at the fake couple in front of them.

"I should say...Jaemin is a great actor."

"Shh...She might hear you."

"Do you think she knows about her brother?"

"I don't know. Don't ask me."

They all sighed as they stared at the two who sat on one bed. Jaemin was a sweetheart. He did everything he can to make sure that Hyejin won't have a hard time and the others simply got used to it.

"So, what about Jeno?" Chenle asked.

"What?" Haerin widened her eyes.

"Oh come on Haerin, we know already."

They laughed except for Haerin who pursed her lips hard. She promised to not let the members know that Jeno really like Hyejin but the already knew.

"Don't tell him that you guys know."

"Pft. What's the use? The girl he likes doesn't even like him."

Haerin set her attention back on the two who really looked sweet. Her heart ached for Jeno. She wanted to go their and bring Hyejin back to her senses but she knew she couldn't.

...

"Ms. Choi, do you know why you are here?"

"This question again? So I was in a plane from Singapore going here but it crashed."

Hyejin smiled at the doctor who nodded while fixing his glasses. He looked at her biography that was written by the members.

"Then...Any, family members?"

"My mom and dad died through a car accident." She looked down.

The boys shook their heads to the doctor, indicating that it wasn't true. The doctor cleared his throat before speaking once again.

"How about siblings?...Brother?"

"Brother?" Hyejin questioned.

"I don't have a brother."

They boys including Haerin gasped making Hyejin tilt her head to them. She knitted her eyebrows, confused as to why their reactions were like that.

"Okay so...any memories that you remember with your family?" The doctor added.

"Hm...I remember hugging my moms legs while I cried. I didn't know why I cried and my dad hugged me after she left somewhere."

"There was no other boy included in that memory?"

"Nope. Just me, my mom, and my dad."

Hyejin confidently smiled and ate the grapes once again while the others couldn't believe what they've just heard.

"She forgot him."

...