Chapter 14

"Do everything you want."

The man chuckled as he drank his wine while staring at the scene before him.

Yeonjun laid on the floor; bruises all over his body the other men kicked and punched him.

"Since the man's not here, your sister will be mine."

"You won't f-"

"Lock him up and get his sister!" The man growled.

The men saluted and immediately carried his wobbling body upstairs, heading towards a room.

Yeonjun smirked as he glanced at his boss who gave him a death glare while the other men wondered why he was smirking.

Once he was locked with chains inside a cold and empty room, he h that his sister will be safe.

"Please be safe, Hyejin." He coughed. "Don't let them find you."

...

"Yo what the-"

"Can i sleep with Haerin tonight?" Hyejin lowered her head.

Haerin and Haechan shared a look and Haechan nodded before leaving Haerin's room.

"What happened? Your face is all red."

"Nothing." Hyejin coughed.

Haerin sighed and widened her arms to hug Hyejin in which she accepted gladly.

"So are you really not telling me?"

"I...I don't know."

"It's okay. Let's sleep?"

Hyejin nodded and hugged Haerin's pillow, forcing her eyes closed until she drifted into dreamland.

...

"Good morning~" Haerin beamed as she dragged Hyejin in the dining room.

They all greeted back and smiled at Hyejin except for Jeno who kept his head lowered.

"Yo, What's wrong?" Haechan asked.

"Nothing." Jeno cleared his throat.

Hyejin felt awkward as she sat beside Jaemin who passed her a plate filled with various dishes.

"Thank you."

The members felt odd since Jeno kept his head lowered instead of glaring at Hyejin.

Hyejin silently ate the food, not knowing that all of their attention was with her and Jeno.

"Hey, Jeno! Can you pass me the salt?"

"Sure." Jeno obediently passed the salt to Jaemin.

Jaemin chuckled as Jeno suddenly became stiff while the other members noticed the awkwardness between him and Hyejin.

"Did you two fight?"

"We always fight." Jeno muttered.

"Then, did you guys kiss?" Chenle joked.

Jeno choked on his food and Hyejin dropped her fork on the floor, also choking.

"Yo, for real!?" Jisung gasped.

"N-no." Hyejin gulped.

The members laughed and teased them both; ruffling Jeno's hair and poking Hyejin's shoulders repeatedly.

"Jeno~ You like her now?" Renjun wiggled his eyebrows.

"No! Why would i like a thief like her?"

"Says the one who kills people as a job." Hyejin muttered.

The members froze and looked away. Silence lingered in the room and Hyejin knew that she did a terrible mistake.

"I-I'm sorry. That's not what i meant I-"

"It's okay. It's true. We kill people for money." Haechan smiled at her.

"But, they kill the bad guys. They wouldn't just kill innocent ones." Haerin muttered.

"I'm really sorry. I got carried away."

Hyejin wanted to yeet herself out of the room but a hand held her own, making her stop.

"It's okay. We understand you." Jaemin smiled.

The other members gave her a reassuring smile while Jaemin's hand stayed on top of hers, urging her to eat.

Jeno stared at their hands on the table and unknowingly, the fork was slowly bending from his hold.

...