Chapter 17

Another day inside the mansion means another day of 'having fun' with Jeno.

Hyejin hummed her favorite song before walking out of her room, checking if someone's outside the hallway.

She decided to finish her plant decorating today since Jeno hasn't give her things to yet

She smiled and tiptoed downstairs, heading outside not until multiple voices called her name.

Hyejin slightly cursed and turned around to greet the others in the kitchen. As she did so, she planned to walk away but Haerin stopped her.

"Aren't you going to eat first?" Haerin frowned.

"Oh...I'll fix the plants outside first."

They all stopped eating and looked at Jeno who avoided any of their eye contacts.

"You should eat first." Renjun forced her to sit down.

Hyejin quietly ate her food while lowering her head, but she couldn't feel the uncomfortable feeling anymore so she decided to look up.

All of them were busy eating their food, specially Jeno who stopped on giving her glares.

She didn't know why but he missed his nagging and his glares; she needs attention.

She felt odd as to why Jeno was acting that way so she took enough courage and decided to give it a shot.

"Jeno, what's wrong?" She sounded soft and calm as ever, shocking all of them in the table.

"What?" He looked up, but not in her eyes.

Jeno was dumbfounded and bewildered, his mouth was open but no words came out of it; he was puzzled.

"What's the problem?" Hyejin asked further.

"None of your fucking business!"

Jeno slammed his hand on the table where the unused fork was placed while glaring at Hyejin who was shocked.

Jeno backed away and excused himself to his room, nit noticing the fresh wound on his palm.

Jeno groaned and planted his face on his pillow. He heard footsteps nearing his room so he decided to change his position.

He sat on his bed with burning eyes while he stared at his door that was opened by the person he least wanted to see.

"What are you doing here?" He growled.

"You're bleeding."

Jeno looked as his bleeding palm that stained his bed before diverting his gaze at the person who stood by the door.

"So?"

"I'm here to treat-"

"I told you it's none of your business."

"I know. But i was the reason why you got the wound."

Hyejin slowly walked to his bed and sat on the edge as she opened the kit to get what she needed.

She inched closer to him and took his hand, placing it onto her lap. She took a quick glance at him and started her work.

"This will sting." She muttered.

Jeno gave no response and stared at her concentrated face that was busy on treating his wound.

Hyejin tried her best to be gentle since she didn't want any problems regarding her and Jeno anymore.

Beads of sweat formed on her forehead and her tongue stuck out of her mouth from concentrating.

"Done." Hyejin beamed happily and locked gazes with Jeno.

Hyejin fidgeted and quickly looked away, fixing everything she used for treatment.

"Oh, do you want me to change your bed sheets?"

"No. Get out."

Hyejin stared at her in shock before nodding her head and walking away. Before she could open his bedroom door, his voice echoed through the room.

"I still hate you."

"Don't worry, I do too." Hyehin smiled.

...