Chapter 24

"No~ Disney is way better than anime!"

"What!? Anime is the best!"

Yeji and Yeonjun kept on glaring at each other as they argued about what to watch. The two got a lot closer these days even when Yeji confessed her feelings.

Yeji frowned and played with her food while sulking making Yeonjun sigh in defeat.

"Fine, let's watch Tangled."

Yeji's face lit up and clapped while doing a victory dance making Yeonjun laugh aloud. He completely forgot that he was a hostage because of the girl.

"Right. I've been here for days but since you showed up I wasn't beaten up."

"Oh...I begged dad to not beat you up." Yeji looked away.

Yeonjun saw the awkwardness on her face so he nodded and smiled at Yeji. The girl smiled back and started the Disney movie on her phone.

...

"How can someone have such a long hair?" Yeonjun gagged.

"Hey~ it's pretty!" Yeji fought back.

Yeonjun stopped watching and stared at Yeji's face who focused on her phone. A small smile formed on his lips as she examined her side profile.

"Yes, it is beautiful." Yeonjun smiled.

"What?"

Yeji looked onto her side, bumping her forehead with Yeonjun's. Their lips were a few inches apart but no one backed off or leaned.

"Yeji..."

"Hm?"

"I think I like you too."

...

"Where could he be?"

Hyejin paced around the living room while the others stared at her in worry. Haerin looked at her boyfriend before giving him a small smile.

"What if he really abandoned me? What if he left me alone!?" Hyejin panicked.

"No~ Hyejin, he wouldn't." Haerin reassured.

"He loves you Hyejin, don't worry about it."

"What if he did?" Jeno cocked an eyebrow. "What if he hates you all along and abandoned you to a bunch of men?"

"W-what?" Hyejin gulped.

"Think about it, after days of living with a killer, your brother never contacted you once." He paused. "Why? Cause he wants you dead."

Hyejin furrowed her eyebrows in anger and ran towards Jeno to give him the hardest slap she ever did.

His face turned hard on the side from the impact; his smirk no longer visible as it was covered up by a frown.

She felt raged, frustrated and pained by the words he said. Not because of the words he said itself but because the words might also be true.

"I hate you from the bottom of my heart."

With that, she left him on the middle of the living room, together with the others who had their jaws dropped on the ground.

"Yo, what the fuck was that!?" Renjun yelled.

"If you weren't gonna say something nice then it's better to shut your mouth." Haechan followed.

The others were quiet as they stared at the boy who held his reddened left cheek. One by one, they left Jeno alone after yelling at him.

Disappointed.They were, in fact, disappointed by Jeno. They were disappointed not by the words or actions he did but Jeno himself.

"Jeno. Just say sorry...sincerely." Haerin patted his shoulder.

"I don't know why you hate her so much, but you're crossing the line."

Haerin gave Jeno a sad smile before leaving him alone in the room still processing what happened.

...