Chapter 30

As Jeno turned around, he saw teenage boys who surrounded Hyejin while the girl struggled to escape from them. Touching her from her hair up to her shoulders and somehow pulled her with them step by step.

Jeno felt rage took over him as he strode towards Hyejin who was obviously afraid by the boys. As he got there, he punched one of the boys who touched Hyejin's shoulder making the boy stumble backwards.
Jeno pushed him on the floor and gave him punches that he thought he deserved.

"What th-"

"Don't. fucking. talk" Jeno said between each punch.

"Oh my god!"

"Please stop it!"

"Guards!"

The friends of the boy struggled to stop Jeno since his mind was drugged by anger. He couldn't think straight as his inner mafia-self took over him.

He punched him endlessly while the poor boy screamed for help; face oozing with blood. Jeno missed the feeling of fighting someone and he knew that he couldn't control himself anymore.

"You're lucky I don't have a gun." He whispered to the boy and started choking him.

"Jeno."

He couldn't stop.

"Jeno!"

He just couldn't.

"Lee Jeno!"

He can't stop it anymore.

"Stop, please."

He felt someone hug him from behind, holding both of his arms that wanted to punch more. Someone's chin rested on his shoulder while whispering soothing words that he never knew he needed.

"It's okay...You're okay..."

Her voice was angelic; sweet like honey and the touch of her hands on his skin made him feel at ease. The body leaning on his back made him feel secure and collected. It felt nostalgic yet foreign for him.

He hated it.

"Let go." He removed her arms and lifted his hand to punch a boy but someone turned him around.

"Lee Jeno." Hyejin held his face. "Please stop, it's okay."

Jeno exhaled deeply, wanting to take her hands off but the girl quickly made her move and hugged him tightly.

Hyejin stared at him while hugging his muscular body and whispered the same words over and over again.

He stared at her doe eyes that sparkled with comfort and care; he hates to admit but he felt her sincere worry and care. His anger immediately vanished and his heart pounded fast.

He didn't know why.

The boys already helped their friend and walked away with one of the guards while the other guards surrounded Jeno together with other people.

"Please...It's okay...you're okay." Hyejin soothed his back.

...

"We're sorry officer." Haechan bowed to the police officer once again.

"It's fine, the teenage boy also made that girl uncomfortable." The officer pointed at Hyejin who held Jeno's fist.

"But for compensation since the boy didn't file a case on him," The man paused. "How about a sincere apology and a hospital fee?"

Haechan nodded and bowed once again together with his girlfriend on his side. She looked worried as ever as she stared at Jeno whose eyes screamed danger.

...

"Jeno, Don't ever do that again." Haerin demanded.

"Tsk."

"Let's just forget about it, we're here already."  Said Haechan.

They entered a restaurant full of people and Hyejin's stomach automatically growled making Haechan and Haerin smile slightly.

"What is this place?" She asked.

"Something special." Haechan said as he sat down on one of the chairs, followed by the three.

Hyejin looked at the unfamiliar restaurant and noticed that most of its furnitures were antiques. She smiled at the aroma of the food that was served on the table near them.

"Hello s- Donghyuck!? Haerin!"

An old lady yelled and hugged them both while Jeno slightly smiled and bowed to her.
Hyejin didn't know what to do so she just followed Jeno and bowed to the old lady.
She kissed both of the couple's cheeks while the other two stared at them. The old lady turned her attention to Jeno and Hyejin who sat beside each other.

"Jeno~ My my, how are you dear?" She hugged Jeno and quickly looked at Hyejin.

"Your girlfriend?"

Hyejin choked on her saliva and waved her hands aggressively in front of the old lady making her chuckle at her cuteness.

"Aye~ it's fine. I was your age when I met Haechan's uncle-grandpapi." She chuckled.

Hyejin smiled fully as she watched the old lady's cute smile. She laughed at all of her jokes and forgot that she was hungry at how she welcomed her customers.

No one knew but Jeno stared at the girl beside him; focusing on her face and laughters which made him smile too.

...