Chapter 39

"Stop right there!"

Jeno yelled as he fired his gun straight ahead. The boss ran too fast and it was hard for the three to cope up with them.

"You will never stop me!" The man cried out.

Jeno felt angrier than ever as he fasten his pace, leaving the two younger boys behind him. Veins popping from his temples and neck, he held his gun higher and let his anger control him.

"Kwon Seungri!"

After the heartfelt shout, a loud thud was heard and their legs immediately stopped running as they looked at the old man who laid stomach-flat on the floor.

The three slowly walked to him and gave him their glares. Jeno, who stood the nearest crouched down and removed the hair that blocked the man's eyes.

"OXE...is gone." He heaved a deep sigh. "And it'll never come back."

With that, Jeno stood up and loaded his gun again before shooting the same man on the head. His lips parted in relief and he smiled at the two who panted.

"It's done." He looked up. "We won."

The boys quickly ran as fast as they can once they heard a scream followed by a girl crying. They knew what happened already and they knew it would be very hard for the girl.

"Hyejin, let's go home." Haechan placed his hands on her shoulders.

"N-no...I can't leave him here...I- he needs me."

"We'll give him a proper funeral. We need to go now."

As the three came back inside the room filled with blood, Jeno's gaze quickly found its way on her back. He rushed to her and crouched down, before hugging her on the side.

"It'll all be okay."

...

"Hyeji-"

"I won't eat dinner tonight and please don't come in my room until I get out myself."

Hyejin walked upstairs, leaving the rest who looked completely worried about her. She got wounds on her arms and legs but she didn't want to treat it. The pain was incomparable to what her brother have felt for the past month.

He is dead.

Her brother is dead.

Yeonjun is dead.

As she closed the door, she saw the gun and the yellow paper on her bed. Her face was blank and no tears were left for her to cry. She wanted to cry so bad but nothing came up. It was all...blank.

She didn't feel sad nor she felt angry; just  empty. It's like her own soul left her and it's just her body who wandered everywhere.

Hyejin sat on her bed while looking at the gun and the paper. She stared at the gun a lot longer than What she've expected; contemplating on whether to kill herself or not.

"Should I come with you...brother?"

"Remember, whatever happens don't ever think of hurting yourself. I won't forgive you and God won't either."

"Yes Yeon! Let's buy ice cream?" The little girl beamed.

"Yes, chocolate for me~" Yeonjun clapped.

"No~ that's mine!"

"We can share..."

"No~ yours is strawberry."

The siblings laughed as they wandered around the streets, holding hands while eating their ice cream. It was peaceful and happy even if it was just the two of them.

"I know you won't forgive me for this Yeon."

She slowly lifted the gun on her head, face still blank. Slowly pulling the trigger after closing her eyes, she whispered goodbye.

...