Chapter 3

Sidharth was not expecting Sana Kaul to be in his office this time. He asks her,"Miss. Kaul. Please be seated." Sana says,"Can I talk to you alone please?" Sidharth looks at Gaikward and he leaves. He then sits down in his chair and says,"Okay Miss. Kaul, you can tell me what you wanted to say." Sana looks at him and says,"Sana, call me Sana. I know you still remember me." Sidharth was not prepared for this statement. He says,"Miss. Kaul, I mean Sana. Can you please tell me what you wanted to tell me?"

Sana remains silent, she just keeps looking at him. Sidharth, not waiting anymore, says,"Listen Miss, We are in the middle of a difficult case. Three people are dead. Your producer is in the interrogation room. If you have nothing to say now, you can just leave. We will call you for interrogation later." Saying this, he gets up from the seat. Sana says,"Will you believe me what I say?" Sidharth looks at her and says," You have come here to tell me something alone. This means you think I will believe you." Sana looks up to him and her eyes are filled with tears.

Sana says,"You know very well I trust you." Sidharth sits down and waits for her to speak. She continues, "I have seen the deaths happening." Sidharth looks at her and asks,"What do you mean by that? You witnessed the crimes from happening." Sana says,"No. I had seen the deaths in my sleep." Sidharth says,"What? You saw dreams of those people getting killed. And you came here to tell me that. Miss you are wasting my time." Sana says,"Yes it was a dream but I saw them dying much before their actual deaths. I didn't say that to anybody because nobody would have believed it. I thought you would, but..I am sorry to have wasted your time." Saying this she gets up and leaves the room.

Gaikward comes into the room and says," Sir, kya boli woh? Does she know anything?" Sidharth says," Get me all the details of her as soon as possible. Keep people posted in front of her house. I need her phone records from the past months."

Sidharth is back in his house, a modest old single story house with two rooms, a big kitchen and living space and a big garden. His father had built this house and today he lives here with his mother. At 32 he is single and happily married to his job.

Sidharth sitting on his chair in his room thinks about what Sana had told him today. Dreaming about deaths before they happen. It is called precognition and people who see them are termed psychic. Was Sana telling the truth or hiding something?

He thinks about the incident that had occurred six years ago. Sana was not a star then, just an aspiring actress and singer from Punjab. He was in ATS then. There was a chance of a terrorist attack in Mumbai. They had received an information that a few terrorists are hiding in a residential building. He along with his team had reached there at midnight. They had entered the building making sure not to endanger the lives of the people living there. But somehow they had seen the police and had started firing.

Sidharth had found a young girl caught in between the firing. He had dragged this girl to an empty room to save her. There she was, Sana. He still remembers her face, so innocent, so beautiful. He had never seen someone like her. There was fear in her eyes and her lips quivered as she held on to him. He stared into those eyes and assured her that nothing will happen to her. Yes, she had trusted her that day and she had trusted her today. That day, the ATS team had shot down five terrorists and destroyed their plan of another big attack.

He had come to know Sana was new to Mumbai. She was returning late from a movie shooting with her brother. His brother had stopped at the parking lot while she had gone up. A mistake by a police constable downstairs. Sidharth had met her twice after that incident. Once when she had come to thank him with her parents and brother. And again after a year at a party. She had become popular by then.

Sidharth closes his eyes imagining her sweet and innocent face. A faint sweet smell of perfume still lingers in his mind. She has become a big name today but he still found the same innocence in her. She is not lying, she is not hiding anything. He needs to know more. He needs to talk to her. He picks up the phone and gives a call to the cell phone number he had found from the file. After few rings, the line gets connected. She says," Hello kaun?" Sidharth remains silent for a few seconds and then says,"It's me, Sidharth. I want to meet you. I want to know more."

Read and give comments. Do vote for the chapter by clicking star below.
Let the suspense continue