Chapter 23

The sketch of the person that Dr.Anand gave was of the person Sidharth had seen that morning. The same eyes, the same face, in the get up of an old man. He is astonished and speechless. Sana says,"What happened? Why are you looking as if you have seen a ghost?" Sidharth says," No..no. nothing. Anything else." Dr.Anand hands overs few more sketches. He says,"Just that few things can happen in the coming days. There might not be deaths but attempts on life may continue. But perhaps you know that." Sidharth keeps quiet, holding the pictures in his hand. Sana says,"I saw the killer trying to put the noose in the neck but it opens up. Dr.Anand explained that it might mean that there won't be death but attempts on lives." Dr.Anand smiles and says, "Future is unpredictable. It changes every second. So it is just my assumption. I can't be really sure. So you be prepared." Sidharth nods his head and says," I can understand. Thanks for helping her. She is feeling much relaxed now, I can see that." Dr.Anand starts to laugh, "Sana, You got a good man here. He loves and cares for you a lot. Good good..Yes she is feeling relaxed. Hypnotherapy is helping her." Sidharth lowers his face, running his fingers through his hair. Sana gets up from her chair and hugs Dr.Anand. He smiles and says," I will be doing that with my friends tomorrow and call you after then. You call me if you need anything." They take their leave from his house. Coming out, Sidharth asks," What will he be doing with his friends?" Sana says," I will tell you only if you come with me now." Sidharth says,"Not tonight. You go home. I will meet you tomorrow at your farmhouse. I am having a headache." Sana says," Kal se shooting start ho rahi hai. Don't you remember? It will be a night shoot. Please Sidharth..I will press your head. Please chalo."

Sidharth knocks on the door of their meeting place, the farmhouse of Panvel. Sana opens the door with a smile as he enters the living room. Closing the door, she gets into his arms and tightly hugs him. Sidharth kisses her head and says,"Can we sit please?" Sana finding it odd asks," Are you all right?" Sidharth says," Yes I am fine. It's just a nasty headache." Sana holds her wrist and makes him sit down on the couch. She sits beside him and starts pressing his head. Sidharth closes his eyes as he rests his head on the back of the sofa. Sana says," Sorry. I had forced you to come. It's just that from tomorrow shooting will start at night. You remain busy all day. I don't know when we will meet like this." Sidharth without opening his eyes says, " I know that. I wanted to be with you. So don't be sorry. " Sana says,"Was there too much of work today? Why suddenly this headache?" Sidharth smiles and says," Headaches happen suddenly only. But I think it's because I had jumped into deep water from a good height today." Sana asks," What ? Where? Were you crazy?" Sidharth tells her everything that had happened that morning. Sana after listening says," You are really brave. Itne upar se, itne deep pani mein chalang lagadi..But please don't do such things in future. Kuch hojata toh?" Sidharth says," I am cop darling. I can't sit at home fearing my life. You have to accept this now." Sana running her fingers through his hair says," I know but you see, I get scared too. Can't help.."

Sana after sometime says," Is it hurting too much bebu?" Sidharth opens his eyes and looking at her smiles and asks,"What?" Sana bites her lower lips and says," Nothing ACP Sir..." Sidharth holds her face and pulls her closer and asks,"You called me what?" Sana shakes her head and says,"No.." Sidharth says,"I don't like lies. Akhri bar pooch raha hun, what did you call me? " Sana puts her hands around his neck and says,"I love you bebu.." Sidharth smiles and looking into her eyes says," I don't know anything romantic, I am a serious kind of a person. A cop. I couldn't tell you my feelings in the way you have seen or been a part of scenes in the movies. Sorry I didn't give you roses nor I could take you out to dinners. But this is all I have. My straight and simple confession. I love you very much." Sana kisses his forehead and says," I never asked for anything other than you. All I wanted is to say was I love you and hear the same from you. I got that. I love you for what you are. You don't need to fake things, I see enough of that in my movies. So don't say sorry. Keep saying I love you. Bas mere liye kafi hai." Sidharth with a smile says,"I love you..I love you..I love you.." Sana starts to giggle as Sidharth smiles and says,"But I need something else too along with I love you." Sana looks at him with curiosity. Sidharth runs his thumb on her cheeks and softly brushes his lips over hers. He looks into her eyes and she closes them as they come closer. Sana could feel his breath on her as she parts her lips to take his. Her heart races as his tongue touches hers, bringing a tingling  sensation all over her body. She lies down on the sofa, pulling him over her. His body close her, as she wrap her arms around him pulling him even closer. Sidharth's eyes are closed but he peeks at times as if seeking the pleasure of the confirmation. The confirmation of the fact that he is claiming something that is only his. Time has stopped by then as they don't leave each other even as they go breathless.

Sidharth reaches the headquarters a bit late the next morning. He had left Sana's place in the wee hours of the morning. Only a few hours of sleep had increased his headache even more. And to top that up, was Jay. He started making fun of him on the breakfast table for his absence last night. No matter how much Sidharth had tried to explain that he had gone out for his work, Jay had kept telling he knew he was with Sana. Reaching his room he asks for a tea. Gaikward and Bhonsale arrives in the room and Sidharth asks them to sit. Gaikward asks," Sir, are you all right?" Sidharth says," Yes, just a headache." Bhonsale blurts out,"Sir lagta hai aap raat ko soye nahi hai. You look tired." Sidharth looks at him and he lowers his head. He asks,"How's Kiran? Make sure he doesn't escape this time." Bhonsale says," He is never going to leave the house again. Jo dara hai na woh!" Sidharth asks," Have all the guys who were short listed come yet?" Gaikward says," Yes sir. All from the film crew are here."

Sidharth goes towards the room and looks at the 7 suspects sitting on the bench from outside the glass. Third Assistant Director Brijesh, Make up artist Nirmal, boom operator Shyam, light man Dinesh, second assistant director Madhav, assistant to casting director Nasir and costume designer Nelson. All of them look quite similar with small eyes but four had back brushed hair and beard while the other three are cleaned shaven. He goes to the interrogation room and says to Kambli,"Get them one by one. Let's see if we can find the neddle in the hay." After initial questioning and going through their files, Nelson, Shyam and Dinesh are asked to leave.

Sidharth looking at the four from outside the glass says,"I feel, he is among these four." Gaikward asks,"Why did you leave the other three?" Sidharth still observing the four says," Dinesh background checks outs. He has a family living in the slum, working hard to survive. The same goes for Shyam. Nelson has come to Mumbai recently. 2 years ago. So he must not know Roshini. The guy does makeup. I have my doubts on Nirmal. Bring him in again. I need to talk to him." Nirmal sits in the room, sweating heavily. Sidharth puts a glass of water in front of him and asks," From how many years are you in this profession?"  Nirmal gulps down the water holding the glass in his trembling hands and says,"Five years Sir. I haven't done anything sir. Mujhe jaane dijiye." Sidharth says," I am not saying you did something. There have been few murders and we just need to know few things. You do all kinds of make-up." Nirmal looks at him and says," Yes. I do makeup of the supporting cast. Big actors have their own makeup and hair people." Sidharth asks," Can you change me to an old man if I ask you?" He looks at Sidharth's face and says," I.. No..actually.. I am not that expert. I.. don't think I can." Sidharth smiles and says," So why are you scared? You are hiding something. What is it?" Nirmal says," Nothing sir...I don't know anything." Sidharth says," Bhonsale take him away. Make sure his every bone in his body screams with pain but no sound should come out of his mouth." Nirmal looks at him with horror in his eyes as he says," Sir. Main sach bol raha hun. I don't know anything. I can't do such makeup. Only.." Sidharth asks," Only what?" Nirmal says," Big makeup artists like Vikram Lalvani and Fredrik can change the look." Gaikward whispers," Sir, you think we should get them." Sidharth shakes his head and says," He knows something. He is lying. Grill him, he will eventually accept. I am going to the other room.. keep asking."

Sidharth gets out of the room. His headache has increased even more. Running his fingers through his hair, he enters the room where the other three people are sitting, 3AD Brijesh, 2AD Madhab and assistant to casting director Nasir. He leans at the desk and says,"So what you all have to say about the murders? Let's start with you." Pointing to  Madhab he asks,"Madhab tell me how was the Director Kamal? Good or bad? I heard he was a very decent man." Madhab gulping down saliva says,"Yes Sir. He was a good director. Very professional." Sidharth looks at Brijesh and asks,"Really Brijesh? Was he professional?" Brijesh stays quite and after sometime nods his head saying,"Yes.." Sidharth looks at him, and is about to ask something when his phone rings. He picks it up and a voice says," Hello ACP! You are wasting your time. See you are looking at the wrong place. Say my hello to your girlfriend." And the line gets disconnected.

Know the mystery of the phone call in the next chapter..keep reading and commenting..don't forget to vote by clicking the star below..
Let the suspense continue..
AD-Assistant Director