Chapter 4

Sana arrives at the CBI headquarters the next morning. She is escorted into Sidharth's office by a constable. Sidharth is sitting in his chair and going through a file when Sana enters the room. Sidharth looks at her and puts the file down asks her to sit. Sana removes her glasses and sits down on the chair in front of him.

Sidharth looks at her, in a simple Salwar Kameez and absolutely no makeup, she is looking beautiful. The innocence that he had witnessed years back has not left her. But there is something in her eyes. Her eyes have lost their shine. They seem to have witnessed something bad.

Sidharth starts,"Miss.Sana, you know very well, it is very difficult to believe what you are saying. But still I would like to hear everything that you know or as you are claiming to have seen." Sana replies," I am not claiming anything. I saw something and I am here to tell you. But only if you believe it.... I know it's very difficult to believe but..." Sidharth hands over a glass of water to Sana. She takes it from his hand and drinks it. Sidharth says,"I am here to listen to you. I won't judge you. Please tell me everything that you have seen."

Sana looks at him and starts sharing her experiences,"I had always been different from others. My sixth sense has always been sharp. Which questions might come in exams, what score will India make, who will win music competitions. I always knew them from advance. This helped me to get good marks in my studies as well as win many competitions." She pauses for sometime and says,"I somewhere had a feeling that night. I had a feeling something would happen but I dismissed the idea. And it came true when I was caught in the crossfire and you had saved me. " Sana lowers her head and closes her eyes. She slowly says,"I had them all my life, these feelings. My sixth sense hinting at things. But suddenly everything changed." Sidharth stays quiet and tries to study her face. Face can tell you whether one is telling the truth or lies. But when one is an actor, a face can hide a lot of things. 

Sana lifts her face to stare at Sidharth. It appears to him as if she is showing her face for him to read. Has she read his mind? Sana stays silent for a few minutes and then she smiles and  says,"You are thinking whether I am telling the truth or making things up. I am not lying about anything. If you remember that night when you had pulled me into safety, you were about to go out and fire your gun. I had pulled you down and a bullet had gone above our heads. I had intuition about it." Sidharth tries to remember the incident and realises it had happened in the same exact way. At that time, he had thought she had pulled him out of fear but now it appears different. She had actually stopped him from going out by pulling him down that very instant and bullets had gone above his head.

Sana smiles again, as if she had again read his mind. She then continues,"My sixth sense was in the form of intuitions only. But two months ago, I saw someone die in front of my eyes.." Sidharth asks,"What exactly did you see?" Sana replies, "About two months ago, I had been preparing for the look of my character in the movie. Director Kamalji, Producer Rastogi were there along with dress designers, make-up people and others. Looking in the mirror I saw a man in his early twenty lying on the floor, trying to break loose from somebody's grip.  Someone had put a noose in his neck and was pulling it hard till the man stopped protesting. It was like I saw a dream with my open eyes. But I didn't know who he was until he entered my room to ask me if I was ready. He was the Assistant director, Samir. Two days later, police found his body in the studio with a noose around his neck."

Sana pauses as if to catch a breath and then she continues, "Next I saw a girl dying in the similar manner in my dreams. The girl, manager of our hero, Zarina was found dead few days after my dream. I had seen our Director, Kamalji dying in the same way, a few days before his death. I had called him to tell him to be safe. But he was killed too." Sidharth leans back to his chair and says,"So basically you see the deaths from happening either while sleeping or with your eyes open. Did you see who is putting the noose around the neck?" Sana shakes her head, "All I see is the faces of the victims and the way they are killed."

Sidharth waits for her to say something but as she  stays quiet, he says,"Do you know anything else. Anything at all?" Sana looks up and has tears in her eyes,"I am scared. I don't want to witness deaths anymore.." Sidharth looks at her and says," I can understand. But I want you to think carefully and tell me if you remember anything else." Sana closes her eyes to think and then replies,"The hands that killed all had gloves. Black gloves. And he was pulling the rope using his left hand." Sidharth says,"Okay. Miss Sana you may go now. Don't worry we will find out the killer very soon." Sana looks at Sidharth and then gets up to leave.

Sidharth leans on his chair and Gaikward enters the room. Sidharth signals him to sit. He asks,"Sir, kya boli? Does she know anything?" Sidharth asks,"What was the style of all three murders?" Gaikward replies,"Victims were killed by asphyxiation by tying the rope in their neck and pulling it. No finger prints were found." Sidharth asks,"And the killer was probably left handed. Right?" Gaikward replies," Yes sir. Why?" Sidharth keeps quiet. Sana was telling the things which no one knows except the police. Is she really a psychic?

Read and give comments. Do give votes for the updates
Let the suspense continue..