Chapter 20

At the hospital, Sidharth pace up and down the hallway. The doctor comes out and says," ACP Sidharth." Sidharth goes to him and he says,"Patient is okay. You can talk to him, even take him after he comes to senses." Sidharth asks,"What was the matter with him?" The doctor replies,"He was poisoned. A mild one." Sidharth stays quite as Bhonsale and Gaikward comes to him. Bhonsale says," Suicide?" Gaikward says,"Sir, l am calling HQ and getting the cctv checked.", and he leaves. Sidharth looks at Bhonsale and says," If anybody, mind you anybody touches him without my knowledge, you will be responsible." Bhonsale gulps saliva and says," Sir! Aap mujhe.." Sidharth looks at him with anger and says," A guy is given posion inside the police custody and you are asking me, is it a suicide. Dimag kuch hai ya ghar pe chod ke ayeho? How did anyone enter the custody without getting caught? It was your duty." Bhonsale lowers his head and whispers," Sorry Sir..I will stay here myself, ensuring he is okay." Sidharth says," No. I am staying."

Sidharth returns to the HQ after shifting Kiran to a secured location. After he enters his room, Gaikward and Ranne follows him inside. Sitting down, he looks at them. Gaikward says," Sir constable Naresh was the only one to go near him to give him tea and breakfast that he got from the stall at the front. Naresh is innocent sir. Everything had happened outside, in the stall." Sidharth says," So what would I say to people above me? No sir it is not our fault, the poison was given by someone outside the HQ." Ranne says, "We know the pressure you are having right now sir. And we are really sorry that.." Sidharth interupts,"Everything is my fault. I got involved in my....Did you find anyone at the stall who has done this?" Gaikward says," Every one has been kept in the custody but they don't know anything sir." Sidharth leans back on the chair and says," He might have been there like a customer. It is usually very crowded in the morning. Putting a drop of rat poison in one glass couldn't be a big thing." Ranne asks," But why a few drops, when he could kill him with something more dangerous?" Sidharth says," He wants to kill him like he always does. Woh apne victims ko shayad unki galatiyan bolta hoga and then must have put the noose to kill them. He wants that with Kiran too. He wanted to confront him too. He needed him out of the custody for that. He had waited but when he had found we had still kept him here, he planned something else. Little amount of poison meant, hospital visit. He had thought he could take him out of the hospital and do his needs. But.. wait.... " Sidharth sits up straight as Gaikward asks," Kya hua sir?"

Sidharth says," Call the hospital and get the cctv footage now. " Ranne asks,"What has happened sir?" Sidharth shakes his head and says," He was there. He was there in the hospital." Gaikward asks," Who sir? The killer?" Sidharth says," I was in the room with Kiran. I got a call from home. A wardboy entered and soon left saying sorry for entering wrong room. He left so quickly and I couldn't find him anymore later. But now when I think.. I am sure that was him. He left finding me there. He had makeup...quite good actually as he looked old like a 50 year old...okay get me all the pictures, shortlisted one, sketches and everything. And try to get the cctv footage." Ranne says," I am on to it now. Sir that Director will be here today. I have informed him to come in the afternoon." Sidharth nods his head as the both officers leave the room.

Sidharth goes through all the photographs and the sketches, trying to imagine the face he had seen in the hospital and matching it with the photos in the front of him. He selects the photos of a Third Assistant Director Brijesh, Make up artist Nirmal, and boom operator Shyam along with the four other previously shortlisted crew. Putting the photographs on the evidence board, he carefully tries to see each of their features. If his gut feelings is considered right, the wardboy is the killer. The makeup he had was exceptional. Unless carefully observed, no one could have understood that. He had mistaken him too for an old man. If he can do such good makeup, identifying him is not easy job. Bhonsale comes into the room with the cctv footage. Sidharth asks him to leave as he put the pendrive into his laptop. His gut feeling is proved right after watching the footage. It clearly shows an old man in wardboy clothes entering and leaving within a span of few minutes. His call had made him diverted otherwise..His thoughts are interrupted by a knock.