Chapter 25

Gaikward with a torchlight, tries to go through the narrow passage that leads to the forest ahead. He has no idea where is Sidharth but hoping for the best, he goes towards the unknown. Then he hears two shots being fired. He takes out his gun and follows the direction from which the sound came. In the darkness ahead he could see two figures near the ground. He flashes his light towards them. Sitting on the ground putting his hand that holds the gun, in the front of his face to avoid the light falling into his eyes, is Sidharth. Lying next to him on the ground is another man, Anubhav Kashyap. Gaikward rushes towards him saying,"Sir, are you all right?" As he reaches him, he finds Sidharth clutching his arm from where blood is oozing out. He says," Sir aap thik hai? I am getting an ambulance." Sidharth says,"I am all right. Check that guy over there. Quick." Sidharth points his finger towards the bushes ahead. Gaikward signals the constable who was with him to check. A few meters away lies a man on the ground, with his face down. The constable checks his pulse and says,"He is alive sir." Sidharth gets up and says,"Get the area covered immediately. Call an ambulance now." Gaikward picks up the phone and calls," Ranne?.. yes..he is with me..no..he is hurt..cover the area quick. Send an ambulance fast.. get someone here.. yes through the backdoor quick. "

Sidharth comes to the shooting location holding his arm. Sana comes to him and finding blood over his body, looks at him with horror in her eyes. Sidharth just looks at her but does not say anything to her. He turns to Gaikward, "Where is every one? Keep an eye on the other two. Ambulance has come right. Get them to hospital immediately." Gaikward says," Sir please, you come in the ambulance." Sidharth says," You take him first. I 'll go later." Sidharth does not even sit but looks around the area clutching his arm. Sana holds Sidharth's hand and pulls him towards the chair. She takes her dupata and ties it on the arm. Sidharth says,"What are you doing? I am all right. Relax." Sana looks at him with misty eyes but says in a stern voice, "Your hands are bleeding and you are saying I am all right. How can I stay relaxed seeing you like this? How? Stop proving the world that you are strong. You need to go to the hospital now." Sidharth stands up pulls her into his arm, not caring anymore where they are. He says,"I am sorry. I am okay. Don't worry." Sana says,"Let's go to the hospital now then only I will relax. Please tumhe meri kasam lage."

Sidharth sits on the hospital bed with his hands, arms and shoulder in bandages. The doctor says to Gaikward who is in the room with Sana," How careless are you people? There has been so much blood loss. What were you waiting for? You must have at least done a first aid. Being a police, I don't expect this from you." Sidharth says,"It's all my fault. I didn't allow them to bring me here or do anything. I thought these are just minor cuts. Can I go now?" The doctor looking at him says,"I am the doctor and you the police. I don't know about law and you know nothing about medicines and diseases. If you will understand everything then why are we here? The cut on your arm is deep. You need to rest now. I'll not allow you to go home tonight." Saying he leaves the room and Ranne enters the room. Sidharth asks, "How is he?" Ranne says,"Operation just got over. He is all right but unconscious. And Anubhav Kashyap is.." Sidharth interrupts,"I know he is ok. He was just unconscious from the injection."

Gaikward asks,"What had happened sir?" Sana coming near him says," First you lie down then tell everything. Please. You heard what doctor said." Sidharth smiles and lies down on the inclined bed. He says,"I had seen him entering the location. He had a hood but I could see his golden frame that he wears. Just when the lights got off, I saw a figure near the chair of the Director." Looking at Sana he smiles again as he continues,"I knew the only way out away from the sight of the people would be the backdoor. I had checked the entire place when I had arrived. I went through the passage to find him dragging Anubhav Kashyap to that spot. He had drugged him and he was unconscious." "Anubhav Kashyap is a lean man, so it was easy to take him for a guy like Nasir.", says Sidharth after a pause. Ranne says,"Yes Nasir is healthy enough. It is not a difficult job for him to drag Anubhav Kashyap." Sidharth nods his head,"He had a knife that he had put it near the neck of Anubhav. I jumped over him and tried to free Anubhav. In the altercation, he slashed my hand and my shoulder but when he cut my arm, I had to leave him. But I somehow pulled my gun and fired at him on his leg and arm as he was running away."