Chapter 29

Sidharth has no idea what does the statement means. ' He is close to him'. Who is close to him? The actual mastermind behind these murders is close. But to whom? Taking a deep breath, Sidharth gets up from his desk at his home. He has been thinking about everything. The most important thing right now is to catch the killer by some way. He has to lay a trap to get him. Catching him can lead him to the mastermind. He lies down on the bed when his phone rings. It's Jay. Smilingly he picks it up and Jay says,"What's up loverboy? Kya chal raha hai?" Sidharth says,"Me and loverboy? Wrong name for me. Tu hai kahan? I haven't seen you from days now." Jay replies,"Missing me darling? Sukar hai, abhi bhi yaad hun tujhe. Mujhe laga Sana ki ankhon mein kho gaya hai.. loverboy.." He starts to laugh. Sidharth says,"I am hanging up. Good night." "Arey stop yaar! I was joking.", says Jay. Sidharth asks,"Maa has been worried for you. You are not picking up the phone as well. Where are you exactly?" Jay replies,"I am in Pune from two days now. Dad is not well. I have been busy with him that I couldn't call you or aunty. Please tell her. I 'll call her in the morning. Guess whom I met at the airport?" "How is uncle now? And whom did you meet?", asks Sidharth. "Hello! Jay?", asks Sidharth as the line gets disconnected.

Sidharth is in the office of the Commissioner. He says,"We have the list of the names of the people of the industry who are involved in this racket. Iyer is ready to be the witness. Everyone involved in Roshini Gupta's death are in the custody sir." The Commissioner says,"I have to ask another team to take over this racket case. You can hand over the files to them. Regarding Roshini Gupta's case, the file needs to be reopened. Hmm..You should have talked to me before making any arrest.." Sidharth says," Sir, it all came out in the process of investigation." The Commissioner nods his head and says,"I get it. Okay. For now keep the people involved in the suicide case in the custody. Keep all the information on the racket case ready. Handover it to the new team. And make sure nothing regarding the cases go to the press. Once the team is decided then only we can let them know." "Right Sir.", replies Sidharth. The Commissioner then says,".I received the autopsy report of Nasir today. It was a heart failure, so no enquiry will happen. But now what about the case. What is happening? You have moved away from catching the killer to s*x racket." Sidharth replies,"Sir I can't really say much right now. But all I can say that the killer will be in the custody very soon. We are going to make an arrest in a day or two. Trust me sir." The Commissioner nods his head and says,"Hmm."

The phone rings and the Commissioner picking up says,"Hello.. hmm.. Tell him to wait." He turns to Sidharth," Okay. You may leave now." Sidharth takes his leave and coming out of the room, his eyes fall on a tall and healthy man in plain white shirt, standing. Sidharth smiles and extends his hand to shake,"Hey Devesh! How are you man?" Devesh smiles at him and takes his hand to shake,"Sidharth! Long time! I am good! How are you?" Sidharth says,"I am fine. So you here? You were in Pune if I am not wrong." "Yes. I just got transferred here. I will catch you later. Bye.", he says and leaves. He gets out of the building and goes to the car. He gets inside and Bhonsale sitting in the front next to the driver asks,"Sir woh IPS officer Devesh Adhikari the na?" Sidharth replies,"Yes. He was with me in the police academy. Great guy and excellent officer." His phone rings and it's Jay. Sidharth says," What happened yesterday? Tere phone nahi lag raha tha?" "Mat pooch bhai, my phone was dead. I am calling after getting a new phone now. " Sidharth asks,"How is uncle now? And when are you coming back?" Jay replies,"He is better now. I will return after few days. Let him settle down again. Tujhe kal bata raha tha, I met your police academy friend Devesh at the airport. I think he was coming to Mumbai.", replies Jay. Sidharth says," Yeah. I know I met him. You take care of uncle. "

Sidharth gets into his room, followed by his team. Settling down on his chair, he drinks water and then says,"What's the news on them?" Kambli says,"We have kept them on surveillance." "Hmm...this is our last chance. The moment I tell you, be there and do as I have told. There is no other way to get him out as Govind.", says Sidharth. Gaikward says,"Nirmal, the makeup man is still silent. He would have been the best man to find him." Sidharth nods his head,"Let him go. Make sure everyone knows that he has not named anybody and our guess was wrong. Understood?" They nod their heads as Sidharth continues,"Put few people after him. His life could be at stake. The Executive Producer Kumar is in the room. Right. Keep him there. Keep them all here. It's very important."