Chapter 12

All Sid could see in front of him was darkness while Sana had so much conviction in the fact that she is seeing someone. Sana was becoming hysterical, quite impossible to calm down. Sid pulled her into his arms and hid her face near his chest. Running his hand on her back, he tried to calm her down. He said,"Shh..relax..just calm down. I am right here. Don't panic.. shh.." And slowly Sana's sobs subdued but she still hold on to him as if her life depending upon him.

Sana slowly peeps towards the direction she was pointing previously. She then looks at Sidharth and says,"She is gone...Trust me..I saw her..Please believe me, something will happen tonight..Do something.." Sidharth replies,"I will. But you need to calm down now. Okay." Sana nods her head and Sidharth leaves her from his embrace. He says,"You go home now. I will see what I can do. I will call you later. Please don't worry. Bye.." Sana gives him a meek smile and goes towards her car. She waves to say bye as she enters the car and drive away.

Sid stands there thinking about what just happened now. Another intuition of Sana or just an imagination of mind. Should he really trust her ? It's all so confusing for him. Seeing someone who does not exist is practically impossible. But what about the warning. Her warnings have turned true every time. What can really happen tonight related to the case? And a possibility comes to his mind. He goes to his Jeep and makes a call while starting it. He says,"Ranne who is at the duty at the hospital?" Ranne replies,"Sir, aap itne raat ko? There are two constables outside the ICU sir. Why sir?" Sidharth replies," I am going to the hospital now."

Sidharth reaches the hospital and the security guard stops him. He says," Abhi andar nahi janeka..viziting time mein aneka." Sidharth pushes him and goes inside toward the ICU. The security guard runs behind him, trying to stop him. Sidharth takes the stairs and reaches the ICU. The constables sitting outside stand up and salutes him. The security guard stops in fear, understanding that the person he is chasing is a big officer of the police. Sidharth not waiting for them to say anything, opens the door and goes inside. He finds a ward boy standing near Atul Damle with an injection in his hand. Sidharth shouts," Tu kaun hai, what are you doing here? Stop." He holds the hand of the ward boy and takes the injection from his hand. The ward boy says," Sir, injection dena tha." Sidharth gives him a slap and says," Nurse ke hote huye, tu injections dega..Who are you?"

Ranne and Kambli arrives at the hospital and finds Sidharth pulling a ward boy from his collar out of the ICU . Both salutes him and asks," What happened sir?" Sidharth says," This ward boy was inside trying to give Damle some injection." Soon few nurses, ward boys and doctors arrive on the scene. The man is crying now as Kambli asks," Kya de raha tha usse?" The doctor asks," What happened sir? What has Raju done?" Sidharth asks," He works here?" The doctor replies yes, Sidharth asks," Do the ward boys here give injections to the patients?" The doctor says,"No sir. And moreover, there was no medication for the patient at this time. What were you doing Raju?"

Sidharth pulls Raju's collar and make him stand. He asks,"Marne jaa raha tha?" Raju shakes his head, he continues," What's in the injection? Should I give it to you? Kambli inject him now." Raju joins his hand and begs," Maaf kardo Sir. I will tell you everything.."

Raju sits on the floor and says,"I don't know what is in the injection sir. A man came few minutes ago and gave me this. He told me to inject him and paid me five thousand rupees. I couldn't stop myself. I needed money sir." He starts to cry and Ranne says,"For five thousand rupees you can now kill people. Very good. Have you seen the face of the guy who gave you the injection? Can you recognize him?" Raju replies," No sir. He was wearing a scarf on his mouth and was standing in the dark. I haven't seen him sir.." Sidharth stands up and slams his hand on the wall. He is smart, too smart.

Sidharth calls the constables and starts scolding them. He says,"When I had repeatedly said not to allow anyone in the room except the doctor and the nurse, why did you allow him?" One of them says," Sorry Sir, but he was one of  the staff here so.." Sidharth says, "Anyone working here or wearing the uniform will enter and you people will allow. Very good." Kambli says," Sir, I will explain them. Don't worry." Sidharth says,"Send the injection to the lab and take that ward boy into custody. Look for the cctv footage if the guy can be detected in any."

Sidharth talks to the doctors there and gives every one strict instructions about who can enter the room or not. He comes out of the hospital and Ranne asks," Sir,aapko kaise pata chal attack will happen tonight?" Just then, his phone rings, he says,"One minute." Sidharth picks up the call moving away from Ranne. He says,"How are you now?" Sana replies,"Just tell me everything is alright?" Sidharth replies," Yes. Don't worry. Everything is fine, thanks to you." Sana takes a breathe of relief and says,"It was the studio owner right? His life is at stake. I thought so." Sidharth says," Yes. He is fine. You take rest now. I will talk to you later."

Sidharth hangs up the phone and after thinking sometime says to Ranne," Intuition really exist Ranne." He after a pause says,"The life of Damle is at risk. As per book, the next death is supposed to be of a writer. So he could be anyone from the screenplay writers. But the killer will not move on till he finishes his work of killing Damle." Ranne replies," Should we tell that he died tonight to save him?" Sidharth looks at him and says," That can be done but not now. We still don't know who will be the next target. We will get some time now to find out more. Increase the security here and make sure no information gets out from here."

Sidharth takes an appointment to meet Dr.Jaykant Anand the next day. He reaches his place before the scheduled time. Dr. Anand has his office and research lab in his house. It's an old two stories building hidden behind big trees and unkempt and over grown garden. There is no one at the gate or at the veranda. He goes near the door and is about to knock when it opens. There is an elderly man of age around sixty standing there looking at him through his round glasses, resting on the crook of his nose. He is wearing a suit even in the hot and humid climate. He has a mop of white neatly combed hair. He smiles at him and says," Come in boy. I was waiting for you." Sidharth follows him inside a dark room. The old man takes him through a dark corridor into a big hall room. The room looks like a library with many books in the shelves around.  The room smells musty with windows shut and not being cleaned for ages. There is a big table at the centre with chairs on both sides. The table and chairs are piled with books, several papers and newspapers. The man smiles again and says," So ACP Sidharth, how can I help you?" Sidharth looks at him surprized. He had not told him that he is ACP. The old man continues,"I am Dr. Jaykant Anand. I knew you will come soon. I guess I can help you to understand lot's of things."

Hi all,
Can Dr. Anand help him understand Sana's situation? Wait for the next update.
Keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Let the suspense continue..