Chapter 19

Sidharth knew by now that Sana has been having one of those Precognition  episodes. As she panics, Sid holds her in his arms and says," Shh.. relax.. I am here na. Nothing will happen.. Trust me .. shh.." Sana's sobs starts to subdue with time but she remains in his arms. Sidharth says," Are you alright now? Can we talk now?" Sana leaves his embrace and nods her head to say yes. Sidharth makes her sit down and gives her a glass of water to drink. After that he sits beside her and holding her hands asks," What did you see this time?" Sana's eyes fill with water again as she says in a low tone," I saw a man being dragged with a noose. He has been trying to get out but..." Sidharth asks," Do you know this guy? Did you see his face?" Sana looking at Sidharth says," Not clearly but I don't think I know him or have seen him before." Sidharth nods his head and getting up, he immediately takes his phone out of his pocket and calls Gaikward. He says,"Gaikward, where is Anubhav Kashyap? " Gaikward replies," He is at his home sir. Sab security thik hai. I had checked things myself this time sir." Sidharth then asks," Where is that Kiran? Have you left him?" Gaikward replies," No sir. He is still in the custody." Sidharth says," Make sure he remains there. I will talk to him in the morning. I think his life could be at risk.." Gaikward asks," Kyun kya hua sir?" Sidharth says," I will tell you in the morning. Just make sure he is safe."

Sidharth comes back to Sana and sitting beside her says," Don't worry. No one will die anymore. I will make sure of that. Do you trust me?" Sana puts her head on his arm and holding him says," More than anyone in this world.." Sidharth says," Then just relax..Okay tell me did that Paras harrass you ever." Sana says still holding on to him, "Initially but not anymore. He used to visit my sets regularly and tried to talk to me. But every one now knows about him, so they stop him from entering the studios. I hate him, he looks stupid and only negative vibes comes from him." Sidharth smiles and says," Don't worry, I doubt he will again come near you, but if he does, just let me know. I will make his face match his clothes, colourful.." Sana looks at him and smiles. Sidharth takes her in to his arms and kisses her forehead.

Next day, Sidharth is called into the office of the Commissioner. He enters the room after knocking at the door and salutes him. There is another officer inside who salutes Sidharth. The Commissioner without waiting for the officer to go says," What is all this that I am hearing?" Sidharth is shocked at the reactions. He looks at the officer and the Commissioner asks him to leave. Sidharth says," What is the matter Sir?" The Commissioner says," Sit down." After sometime, he says,"What is the news that I am getting about you and that actress Sana?" Sidharth says," Sir the reporters are just making an issue out of it. Sir, I had meet her at her home once as she was scared of the deaths that had happened. Actually she belives she can see the deaths before it happens. And somewhere her premonitions have turned out to be true." The Commissioner says," Premonition? Really Sidharth. Out of every one you believe these things." Sidharth says," I am not saying that I believe it. But I am not leaving any angle sir. " The Commissioner says,"That's fine but what about your relationship with her." Sidharth says,"Sir if you heard about it from that Singhania's son then.." The Commissioner puts an envelope in front of him and Sidharth opens it to find a photograph of his and Sana standing at the footpath in front of the beach. In the second photograph, she is holding him from his back. The Commissioner says," If you have any relationship with her then I am afraid you have to leave the case." Sidharth says," The killer is scared sir. He wants me to leave the case as I am close to him. I have to meet her Sir, she is important link to the case. I am not denying my relation with her. But you know Sir, my personal life has never come between my profession. You know that very well sir. " The Commissioner knew that as Sidharth was back on duty mere hours after he did the last rites of his father. He is thorough professional and no body can deny the fact. The Commissioner stays silent and says," I know that very well Sidharth. I know your personal life is none of anybody's business but you know the case has drawn a lot of attention. I just don't want anymore of that from your side. Just stay away from it." Sidharth takes a deep breath and says," I will never sabotage the case sir. Trust me. You will never have any problems from my side."

Sidharth comes back to his office and slams his hand on the table. It's his mistake that can now cost him the case. He has to stay careful as the killer is now following him. But the question is how. How he is everywhere and how is he getting all information about the investigation? He must have someone telling him. But who?

Gaikward, Ranne, Kambli and Bhonsale enter the room. Sidharth signals them to sit. Gaikward says," What happened sir? You look worried." Sidharth says,"The killer has been keeping an watch on me and our moves. I want no one to discuss anything regarding the case anywhere outside. No one except you people must know what is happening. I think he has someone here who is telling him everything." Ranne asks,"A mole?" Sidharth says,"Not sure..No actually..may be someone is telling him without the knowledge that he is the killer. That's what my gut feeling is telling me. Ok back to the case. What have we got?" Kambli takes out a sketch and puts it in front of Sidharth. He says," The sketch of Krishna as described by the author, Sanjeev Doshi." Sidharth looks at the picture. The narrow eyes, thin lips and a scar near the eyebrow. Three key features of the guy that stands out.

Ranne says,"Kiran couldn't really identify Govind in the photo that we showed him. He is scared to really say anything particularly." Sidharth says," I will talk to him." Gaikward says," Sir we can't keep him for long now. We need to leave him." Sidharth says," I know but I think his life is in danger. I guess he is also in the hit list of the killer." Bhonsale asks," Par kyun sir? He is not a part of the crew." Ranne says," He is right sir. Aur aap ko aysa kyun lag raha hai. " Sidharth looks at him and says,"Two reasons for that. First might sound illogical but is that Sana saw something last night." They look at each other and Sidharth smiles and says,"Yeah, I know. But her premonitions have turned true every time and has helped us. So I can't neglect that. Anyways, she saw a young guy being dragged with a noose. This is something different than the normal killings happened in the past. Second thing, if the killer has all the information about who are we interrogating, he must have known by now that Kiran is here. He is scared of getting caught as he doubts, Kiran might have seen him. Or he hates him for his actions of harrasing Roshini. Whatever be the reasons, he could be the next target."

Gaikward says," What could be done now sir? Should we give him security now?" Sidharth thinks and says,"No. I need to talk to him first then we shall decide. Where is that director? When is he coming?" Bhonsale says," Today sir."  Sidharth asks," What about the photos? Did you find anyone matching the descriptions or this sketch?" Kambli says," Yes sir. We have shortlisted few of them?" He takes out few photos and puts it in front of Sidharth. They hear a commotion outside and Sidharth sends Bhonsale to check. After sometime he returns back to say," Sir bahar press balon ne bhid lagai hai. They want to talk to you about...you and..Sana..Unke pass koi photographs hai.." Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair and taking a deep breath, he gets up and goes out.

" ACP Sidharth what is your relationship with Sana Kaul?" " Are you both in a relationship?" " Are you protecting her as you both are a couple now?" " Is she the killer but you are protecting her?" "Tell us? Aap chup kyun hain?" Sidharth says," I had already said about the case. The killer has a motive which the actress Sana does not have. She is clearly not the murderer. But we have never kept anybody out of our suspicions. If we find anything against anybody, he or she will be arrested immediately." One press member says," But are you in a relationship with her?" Sidharth says," My personal life has nothing to do with the case. She has been my friend and she is helping in the case. That's all you need to know. "

Sidharth goes to the interrogation room and finds Kiran sitting. He says," Sir, let me go sir. Mujhe sach mein kuch nahi pata." Sidharth puts the sketch of Krishna in front of him and asks," Do you recognise him?" Kiran looks at the sketch and says," No.." Sidharth puts the photos from the shortlisted film crew and asks again," Kiran, your life depends on this. Carefully look and try to identify if any one of these could be Govind." Kiran looks at Sidharth with horror in his eyes. He stammer," My...life..depends..matlab.." Sidharth points his finger to the photos and says," Look at them carefully..if you don't want to get killed by Govind." Kiran gulps saliva and looks at the photos. He picks up two photos and suddenly the photos fall from his hands and he falls down on the floor having seizures.

Will Govind be identified or the killer will be successful in his mission? Keep reading to find out..do give lots of comments and don't forget to vote by clicking the star below..
Let the suspense continue..