Chapter 27

Sidharth sits outside the room as the doctors check Nasir inside the room. Ranne standing near him asks,"Sir why do you think Nasir was sent to kill Anubhav Kashyap? He had his own reasons to kill him." Sidharth rubbing his back of his neck says,"I don't know. It's just an haunch. Nasir had his reasons that's entirely true but I believe..he was..not asked but encouraged to take this step. Someone I mean the killer had made him think that everything is fair in love..I  don't know.." Ranne says," Sir you go home, you should rest. We are here, if.." Sidharth replies,"No. I will wait. "

Doctor comes out of the room and Sidharth stands up. He says," I really don't understand what exactly happened to him. But I am afraid he..is no more." Sidharth looks shocked, he asks,"What do you mean by that? He was well sometime ago and.." The doctor says,"It seems, he had an heart ache. We tried our best to revive him but he died." Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair says,"Seal the  room. Ranne send the body to post mortem. Check all cctv footage, I need to know who went into that room." Bhonsale asks,"Sir, why? He died from heart attack." Sidharth says without looking,"A person was fine and suddenly died of heart attack. It seems so weird. Yes we don't know his medical history but still..And there are drugs which can cause such problems. I want to know. Do as I say. And..inform his family too." He comes out of the hospital and getting into  the car, asks the driver to take him home. All the way, he keeps thinking did Nasir die of heart attack or was he killed. What if the killer killed him from the fear of revelation. It is quite possible as he had done the same in the past. How to catch him now? That is the big question lying in front of him.

The next day the death of Nasir makes the headlines. Press cook up different stories out of his death.
'Nasir was killed by the police in the hospital. Negligence of CBI causing death of a suspect. CBI still clueless on Studio killer.
Police putting the blame on innocent and killing him. '
Sidharth is immediately called to the Commissioner's office for meeting. Reaching the office, he salutes him as the Commissioner asks him to sit. He says,"So. What is all this? Did you see the newspaper?" Sidharth says,"Sir. Nasir was not the killer and we had not filed any case against him in this regard. He was arrested for attempt to murder on Anubhav Kashyap and attacking an on duty police officer. These allegations by the press are just baseless." The Commissioner says,"Fine. But he was in the custody. He died there. He was injured by you. You can understand where this is going. There could be an enquiry on you. This is the second time Sidharth. Last time someone was given poison in your custody." Sidharth stays quiet for a second and says,"Sir I had to fire at Nasir as he was escaping after injuring me. I have already submitted the report to you. Nasir died of heart attack as per the doctor but still I am looking for any all possible causes. Sir, I am ready go through any enquiry if required. You know me Sir, I am serious about my work." The Commissioner says,"I know that Sidharth but you know I have to answer to people above me as well. And the press they are writing rubbish now. Our department's reputation is at stake." Sidharth takes a deep breath when the Commissioner says,"You submit the report on his death as soon as his post mortem report comes. But be prepared for an enquiry. I want you to continue working on the case. You have prevented three deaths. That is a plus point. I will support you. And don't talk to media till everything is sorted." Sidharth nods his head as the Commissioner asks him," How are you now? Your injuries?" Sidharth says,"I am good Sir. Thank you." The Commissioner says,"Try to catch the killer as soon as possible. I am relying on you." Sidharth says,"Thank you Sir for the trust."

Coming out of the Commissioner's office, Sidharth is surrounded by the press people. "Sir, What do you have to say about these things?" "Kya Nasir ko phasaya gaya tha? Kaise woh  mara gaya hai?" "Is this a custodial death? Was it a failed case of putting blame on an innocent man?"  "As you were unable to find the real killer, you were trying to find a scapegoat and he was not ready to take the blame, so he bore the brunt of it. Is this true?" Sidharth could no longer keep quiet, he said,"You will get all the answers in the due course of time but I can say two things. One we were not blaming him for these murders which was mentioned earlier by my team. And second he was not an innocent man. He had tried to kill one man and injured somebody. So please keep the assumption, with yourselves till you get all the answers." One of the press personal say,"Fine we will wait. But we want to know when the killer is going to be caught?" Sidharth looks at her and says,"Very soon."

Sidharth is in his office, his phone has been ringing from a long time now. But he is not interested to see who is calling. What will be his next step? He has been thinking about it. His phone rings again, he opens his eyes to see. Miss call. 15 missed calls. Among some press people, there has been calls from Jay and Sana. His phone rings again, it's Sana. He picks up and Sana from the other side says,"Tumhari problem kya hai? Why were you not picking up my phone?" Sidharth says,"I was in the meeting. Bolo." Sana softening her voice says,"Sidharth, I know you are worried but see everything will be all right. You will catch the killer. I know." Sidharth does not reply, Sana says," What happened?" Sidharth says," Nothing. I am hanging up the phone.. I have some work. I'll talk to you later." Sana says,"wait! What happened tell me. Is something serious? Please tumhe mere sarr ki kasam. " Sidharth replies after sometime,"My name is at stake. You saw the news right." "Arey media wale kuch bhi bolte hai. Don't listen to them. Ignore. That's what I do.", says Sana. Sidharth says,"I know that. But..as I had shot Nasir and he died under my custody..I might have to face enquiry. In ATS you can carry guns, use it but here it's different. I don't know what will happen." Sana says,"It was not your fault so relax. I know nothing will happen. There will be no enquiry. Trust me." Sidharth says,"How can you be that sure?" Sana says,"You know me, my intuitions are never wrong. Woh Nasir died normally I know. So relax and think about this crazy in love girl friend of yours who is missing you like anything.." A smile appears on Sidharth's face. He wanted to hear something like that. He says," Thanks..I  love you.." Sana says,"Haye like seriously. Jo bande ko bolna padta tha, tell me you love me. Aaj samne se bol raha hai, love you..I love you too my bebu."

Gaikward and others enter the room and Sidharth signals them to sit down. Gaikward says,"Post mortem report will be out by tomorrow. I just talked with the forensics team." Sidharth nods his head and says,"When with that PA of Casting agency,Iyer will come?" Kambli says,"Today Sir." Sidharth asks,"Did Nirmal, the makeup man say anything?"  "No sir..nothing.",replies Kambli. "We need to find out why Roshini killed herself. That is the only way to find the killer.",Sidharth says. Ranne asks,"Sir how did the meeting go with the Commissioner?" Sidharth running his fingers through his hair says,"If there is any foul play in Nasir's death, we are gone. There might be an enquiry on me. I had shot him." Bhonsale with a shock says,"Par aap ne toh bachaya Anubhav Kashyap ko..Can't they see that?" Gaikward says to him,"Everything will be explained during the enquiry only. But I hope Sir, you don't have to go through all of those." Sidharth stays silent for sometime and says,"Okay. We have few things to find out. Firstly why Roshini killed herself. Secondly who is the eight victim?" Ranne says,"Sir the eight victim is such a mystery as he is actually not killed. There os no information on him. The killer is caught before he tries to kill him. That's why we don't know who he could be." Sidharth rubbing his temples says,"Hmm. I know that. From the book we know the killer wanted to kill 8 people. He accepts that he wanted to kill them to avenge the death of his sister as per the book. In reality we are not sure but the killer too wants to take revenge of his friend or girlfriend whom he loves. But the eighth victim..."

Sidharth picks up the book and starts reading the last chapter. He quotes from the book,"Yes.I took the revenge of my sister's death. All seven were murdered by me as they were culprits, responsible for her death. This 8th one was supposed to be my last. I wanted him dead for myself." Sidharth looks at the evidence board as Kambli says,"I wanted him dead for myself..what does that mean Sir?" Ranne says,"Is it something to do with his own revenge?" Sidharth running his fingers through his hair says,"May be..He wanted him dead for himself..Himself..But Why?" He after sometime says,"There is another angle that we are not looking at. There is much more to this revenge killing. Something or someone..I need the phone records of Roshini, six months before her death. Also check the phone records of Brijesh and Madhav. Find out anything unusual..Anything at all. "

Sidharth is reading the book again when his phone rings. It's Dr.Anand. Sidharth picks it up and says," Yes. Doctor." Dr.Anand says,"Sorry to disturb you. Actually we came across something as we were trying to hear the recording that you heard last night once again. We caught few words, I don't know if it means something.." Sidharth says," What?" Dr.Anand says,"I can't put on the recording over phone but the words were like,' Not Govind..he runs..show.'." Sidharth could not understand as he asks," What do you mean?" Dr.Anand says,"The words were not clear but as far as we could understand it meant that." Sidharth takes a deep breath and says," Okay. Thank you for calling me." After hanging up the phone, Sidharth gets up and going to the evidence board, he says,"I wanted him dead for myself..Not Govind..he runs the show.. Who runs this show of revenge murder? Who are you? Where are you hiding? Where?"

Keeping the suspense alive, I write this chapter. Hope you all like it. Read and give comments..And do vote for the chapter by clicking the star below..
How many want only paranormal stories? Let me know..
Let the suspense continue..