Chapter 11

Sidharth's brain is not working. The girl in the file and the girl in the sketch book are almost identical. How can Sana see a girl who is dead from over a year? Is she lying? Is she cooking up stories to divert his doubt from her? Is she hallucinating about a dead girl whom she had seen or met somewhere? Possibilities are many but truth no one knows. The cop in Sidharth is not leaving out any one in the list of suspects. But his feelings for  Sana makes him believe she is innocent.

Sidharth takes out his phone and makes a call to Sana. After a full ring, the phone gets disconnected. Sidharth puts the phone down and goes through the file again. The girl's name was Roshini Gupta. A struggling actress who had done few minor roles in television and films. She had committed suicide in the studio. No reason was found behind the  suicide as there was suicide note found near her body. However the failure to get good roles was considered as the possible cause behind her suicide. Cause of death was asphyxiation from the rope and time of death was between 3 to 4 in the morning.

Sidharth calls everyone for a meeting. There are all the files and items related to the case. And there is an evidence board set in the room. Sidharth enters the room and goes near the evidence board. He says," Tell me everything about the case." Gaikward starts," Three murders, assistant producer, manager of the actor and director. One attempted murder of studio owner. All similar fashion, rope tied to their neck." Ranne says,"Actor had issues with the manager, producer had issues with the director. Studio owner had problems with his staff." Kambli says,"Murder follows a book on which movie is to be made. All deaths at same time, same place and same manner." Sidharth looks at Bhonsale who says,"Only the last attempt was not in studio sir but at his home."

Sidharth looks at the photos of the people murdered and says," Correct. Three murders and one attempt. What is the connection then?" Ranne says," Movie and studio." Sidharth replies," Yes. The victims were related to one movie and they were killed in the similar manner, at same time at the studio. These things we know. Now what we need to know is why." He pauses and put the book on the table. He says,"Book is another important key. The murder is following this book. Why? The book depicts the revenge of an old crime. Here the killer is taking revenge of his father's death. So what is the reason behind these revenge killing?" He looks for an probable answer but finding no one answering, he puts the file on the table. He pins up the photographer of the deceased girl. He says," One year ago, this girl Roshini Gupta had committed suicide by hanging in the studio. The time of her death was between 3 and 4 in the morning. This is the probable cause behind all murders. May be some one is avenging her death."

Sidharth looks at every one and says,"The girl had a father living in Surat. Call Surat police and get all information on her family there. Get him here for questioning but make sure he is not harassed." Just then his phone starts to ring. He takes it out and cuts the call and keep it silent. He says,"I want all the details related to this girl. Get me the list of people related to her. And find the writer asap."

Sidharth calls Sana back after his meeting. He says after she picks up," Hello Sana. Can we meet today?" Sana replies," Yes. But where? You want me to visit your office? Or you can come home." Sidharth says,"No you don't need to come here. Can we meet some other place?" Sana replies, "We can meet at any restaurant or the same place we had met last night." Sidharth says,"Okay I will see you at that place at night. Bye."

The producer Rastogi arrives and this time switches off his phone before entering the room. Sidharth enters the interrogation room and sits down in front of him. He asks," Movie shooting kab suru ho rahi hai." Rastogi replies," Do din baad Sir." Sidharth then asks,"Why haven't you submitted the list of the people working in your project yet?" Rastogi gulps his saliva and says," Woh..sir..kuch thik nahi hua tha..I will send it today." Sidharth gives a smirk and says,"Tell me from where did you get this story to make this movie? Who told you about the book?" Rastogi is sweating by now, he says," My assistant producer, Dharam who died first had brought me this book. With a few thousand rupees, I got it's copyright from the publisher. I don't know where he had found the book. Sach bol raha hun sir." Ranne asks,"Have you met the writer?" Rastogi shakes his head, saying no. Sidharth signals Ranne and he puts the photograph of Roshini Gupta. Sidharth then asks,"Ache se soch kar bolna? Have you seen or met this girl?" Rastogi  stares at the picture for a long time and says,"Nahi sir, I have not seen this girl in my life. I am telling you the truth."

Another dead end, Sidharth thinks as he is going to meet Sana. Just as he finds one vital link to the case, another end goes dead. Until the writer is found, nothing can be cleared. He reaches the spot and parks his Jeep. He goes and stands near the bench, facing the dark sea. The street is deserted as it's late after midnight. And then he feels someone holding him from behind. He holds the hand and pulls her in his front and smiles at her.

Sana looks at him and smiles,"Kya hua, darr gaye?" Sidharth replies," Sidharth kissise nahi darta. But this is a road, so anyone can see us. It won't be good for you or me." Sana says,"You could have come to my place. No one can see us there. I have missed you." Sidharth looks at her eyes, trying to find out the reality of Sana. Sana asks," What are you looking at? You don't miss me na?" Sidharth replies,"Yes, I do. But we are stuck in such a situation that.." Both stay silent for sometime and then he says,"I want to ask you something. See the photo and tell me. Is this the girl you see?Have you ever seen her one year ago?"Sana takes the phone from Sidharth and looks at the photo in it. Her eyes grow big and out of fear she nods her head. She says,"Yes, that's her. Yes.. But I have never seen her before." Sidharth takes the phone out of her hands and asks," Are you sure? May be she might have worked with you as junior artist." Sana stays silent and suddenly holds Sidharth's hand and points her finger towards the darkness. Sidharth looks towards the direction and asks," What?" Sana grabs his hands so tightly that her nails dug into his skin. She says," She is standing there, telling me something. Something will happen tonight..Sid please do something..please.."

Hey suspense lovers,
Hope it's spooky and thrilling enough..keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Let the suspense continue..