Epilogue

"Congratulations.." Every one claps and cheers at a time. Sana and Sidharth smile and look at each other. They are at her bunglow in the midst of family and close friends. It is their engagement. Sana is wearing a pista green and pink combination lehnga and matching jewellery. Her curls are left loose, falling over her shoulder. A full makeup with pink lips is giving her a divine look. Sidharth is wearing a simple white Kurta with a pista green Nehru jacket. He is looking handsome like a prince.

Shehbaaz and Jay comes near them. Jay acting as if wiping tears, says,"Finally!! Aaj main itna khush hun..mere bache aaj ek saath hain.." Sidharth shakes his head saying,"Chal nautaki band kar and tell us where is Mahi? When are you two getting hitched?" Jay replies with a smile,"Tu shahid hone ke baad for sure. She couldn't come, she is in Delhi for some work." Shehbaaz holding Sidharth's hand says,"Mubarakho Jiju.. engagement ho gayi finally. Abhi jaldi se shaadi karlo. Iss pagal ko leh ke jao apne ghar." Sana hits him,"Main pagal hun, khota kahin ka.." Shehbaaz says rubbing his arm,"Aur kya? You know Jiju, last night, she was standing on the terrace and waving her hand to the air. Koi nahi tha wahan pe. When I asked, she said Roshini is going home. Bhai kon Roshini, kahan hai Roshini. Pagal nahi toh kya bolun." Sidharth looks at Sana who whispers,"Yes. Last night she had come to visit me. She told me that now she can rest in peace."

Sidharth and Sana are sitting on the couch of the farmhouse. Sidharth has his legs on the table on the front and his head lies on the back of the sofa. His eyes are closed as he listens to the music. Sana lies on the sofa with her head on his chest. She says,"You know I had never thought we will be engaged and soon get married." Sidharth still with his eyes closed asks,"Didn't your intuition tell you about it?" "Hmm.." Sidharth opens his eyes and holding her chin says," What hmm? You never believed on your intuition that we will be together?" Sana smiles and says,"I still can't believe you are here with me." Sidharth bites his lower lips and with a mischievous smile says," Okay then let's make you believe that." He cups her face and tilting his, he slowly comes closer and presses his lips on her.

After a real passionate kiss, Sana pushes him away and says,"You just need an excuse to kiss me right?" Sidharth makes a face and says," You couldn't believe it, so I was trying to do that.. This is not fair.." Sana smiles and hugging him says,"I had always  trusted my intuition. I knew we will meet again. But everything that happened, I mean the case, the murders, Roshini.. I never had imagined we will meet in such circumstances.", she replies. Sidharth says,"Hmm.. that's true.. what a case! Never had I thought I have to believe and even experience such things. I hope no more ghosts come to visit us now.."

Not had he finished the sentence that the lights in the room starts to flicker and switches off. Sana suddenly grabs Sidharth's shirt and starts to fumble,"Th..there.. is .. s..om.e one stand..ing there.." Sidharth looks at the dark hallway towards where Sana is pointing at. He can't see anyone. He tries to get up saying,"Let me see.." "No.. don't go.. please..", screams Sana pulling him closer. The lights comes up again and Sana says,"It's gone.. But I saw.. a girl.. in a torn salwar kameez..covered with... blood.. " Sidharth can see horror in her eyes. He hugs her tightly as she trembles out of fear.

Just then his phone starts to ring. He picks it up and it's from the Commissioner's office. A big case has come up. A girl's body has been found in a bad condition near the highway. This has been the fourth case on similar pattern. He has to come up in the morning and take the charge of the case. Sidharth hangs up the phone and looks at Sana. He asks,"Was the girl bleeding from her neck?" Sana nods her head and he continues,"I think we will be again working on a case together.."

So friends finally we reached the end of the story. Hope it was interesting enough. I had a great time writing it. I might come up with a sequel of Graves Beneath the Feet. All new story and our cop Sidharth and psychic Sana. Let me know how you feel.
Read and give comments. And do vote for this last chapter..
Suspense ends here..😊