Chapter 24

Kambli present in the room asks," Sir, kiska phone tha? Is there any problem?" Sidharth shakes his head and calls back on that number. It is switched off. He showing the number says," Find out the details and location of this number now." Kambli nods his head, and leaves the room. Sidharth starts texting to Sana,
'Just be careful. Don't know having a bad feeling. I'll call once free.'
He looks at the three probable suspects when his phone vibrates, text from Sana,' Mera Bebu missing me? So you too have become like me, premonition?relax I am okay. I'll be safe. Call me later. And atleast love you toh text kar lete. Still I love you.'

Sidharth puts his phone back into the pocket and says," So Brijesh tell me, how long were you working with the director?" He stares at Sidharth and says," Not long sir. This was supposed to be my first movie with him. I was..working with Director Sagar Bansali previously." Sidharth says, "Then how did you know he is good and professional?" He keeps quiet as Sidharth smiles and putting the photo of her on the table says," You know lying won't help. So tell me who among you three knows Roshini?" He looks at their faces for reactions. Something that could point out the connection he is looking for. Nasir scratches his head and says,"Sir, Roshini Gupta? The girl..who.. " Sidharth observes every one's face and says,"Yes the actress who commited suicide." 'Not even a flinch on his face. No. Nothing.. You are really good.', thinks Sidharth. Nasir says,"She used to come to the agency. I had seen her with Punit many times. He used to talk about her with Iyer sir, PA to Chandra sir. I had read about her..suicide. But what is the relation to this case sir?" Bhonsale who had entered the room after Kambli left says," Tu jada shana mat ban. Samjha. You are not police that you will ask questions." Nasir lowers his head as Sidharth says,"And what about you two? Your director was sleeping with her, you must have seen her with him." Madhab says,"No sir, I don't remember seeing her." Brijesh says,"No. I don't think I have seen her..ever."

Synopsis of the case

Victims:

1. Assistant Producer-Punit
2.Manager to the Actor Asif-Zarina
3. Director-Raj Kamal 
4. Actress and roommate-Pranjal

Injured - Owner of Studio- Atul Damle
Attacked - Kiran

Probable victims next:

1. New Director and Screenplay writer-Anubhav Kashyap
2.PA of Casting Director- PK.Iyer
3.Executive producer- Prakash Kumar
4.???yet to find out..

Cause: Roshini Gupta

Suspects:

1. Assistant to casting director-Nasir
2.2nd AD- Madhab
3.3rd AD- Brijesh
Helping- make up artist- Nirmal

Sidharth writes these on the board along with putting their photographs under the names. He has perhaps an idea today who might be the killer. But he has no proofs till now to catch him. He feel he was giving him warning. He will do something tonight, he knows. This is the opportunity to nab him. Lost in his thoughts when he hears a knock and Gaikward and Ranne enters. Sidharth signals them to sit. Gaikward says,"Sir Nirmal is not opening his mouth. You really think he knows something." Sidharth says," Yes. He is helping him or has helped him, I don't know. But I am sure, he knows something. The killer dresses up as an old man to kill and it is a hand of a good makeup artist. Either he is going to him each time or..no..he can't go every time. He has learnt the art from Nirmal. Yes. I am sure of it..Nirmal is scared. Don't let him go. He will tell." Ranne says,"But you left the three suspects to go. Don't you think the killer is among them?" Sidharth says looking at him,"I know he is among them. I might have a hunch at who he might be..but.." Ranne says,"But you left them.." Sidharth says,"He is smart Ranne. He will never accept no matter how much you grill him.We have no proof against him. Nothing. All we have is just the theory. We have to nab him during the action. And for that, he has to be left free." Gaikward asks," But what about the phone call sir?" Sidharth asks," Didn't you understand what it was? It must be recorded message. He must have asked  someone to play it in return of money. Where was the phone?" Gaikward replies," A teenage boy had it. Claims to have found in the dustbin." Sidharth nods his head and says," The movie shooting will start tonight. I think something will happen. Just stay alert. Keep this Nirmal safe."

Sidharth leaves for the shooting location. The film shooting is taking place at a farmhouse outside the city on the highway. Reaching there, he gets down and enters the compound. People are working to set up things. Big lights are set up, making area look as if it is broad day light. He looks around trying to locate the Madhab and Brijesh as Nasir won't be here tonight. He finds Madhab standing behind the Director Anubhav with the clapper board and a file. So where is Brijesh? "Sir? What are you doing here?", Sidharth hears a voice and he turns to his side to find Brijesh standing with few files and a board. Sidharth smiles at him and says,"Well your shooting starts today, I couldn't have missed the first day. Where is everyone?" Brijesh timidly smiles back at him and takes him near the place where the Director is sitting. Anubhav Kashyap finding Sidharth coming towards him, nervously gets up from his chair and smiles awkwardly. He says," You here?" Sidharth is about to say something when Rastogi comes out of the house and looking at him asks the same question. Sidharth starts to laugh and then says,"Why you all are so scared of me coming here? I am not going to kill you all but perhaps I might save few.." Anubhav Kashyap gulps down his saliva out of fear. Sidharth says,"So where are the actors? When will the shoot start?" Madhab replies,"They all are inside sir. We will start in half an hour."

Rastogi gets a chair for Sidharth to sit but he goes inside, looking around. A big house with grand staircase going upstairs. And coming down from upstairs, in a beautiful dress is his love, Sana. She has not seen her, so her face is expressionless. Sidharth looks at her with a smile waiting for her to see her. When she does, her surprise is visible on her face. She tilts her face, blinking her eyes as if to tell him how am I looking? Sidharth looks at her with a smile but doesn't react. Brijesh comes in to tell her that shot is ready and she goes out followed by Sidharth. He sits in the chair placed for him behind the Director's chair. Sana sits beside Anubhav Kashyap who explains the scene once again. They are joined in by the actor Asif Khan now. Gaikward joins Sidharth now, sitting beside him.

The shooting starts with clapping the board and the words,"Lights... Camera..rolling and Action." Sana stands near the fountain with Asif Khan. He says," Do you like this place?"  Sana smiles and says,"Yes, it is so beautiful here! The resort is really very nice. Thanks for bringing me here. I was really upset, we have so busy in work.", saying this, she gets into his arms. And the Director says," Cut!" Makeup people rush for touch up and after few talks, again the same thing is repeated for the next two times till it is perfected by the two actors. Sana comes and sit on her chair, stealing a glance at Sidharth who has a soft smile on his face. And suddenly light goes out and everything goes dark.

Everyone starts to talk, screaming to technicians to check the lights. And as the light comes, two seats are empty. There is no sign of the Director and there is no sign of Sidharth. Gaikward takes his out his phone to call him but it keeps ringing and goes unanswered. He calls Ranne informing them to come as soon as possible. Chaos starts in the set as everyone looks around for the missing Director. Sana runs towards Gaikward and says," Sidharth kahan hai? Where is he?" Gaikward shakes his head, he has no idea. He says," Mam, aap yehin sab ke saath rukhiye. Please, if anything will happen to you, I won't be able to show my face to Sir. I am looking around. Please stay here.. " He starts looking around the house with two constables. He goes towards the back of the house to find a small gate leading towards the woods. He goes through it and he feels something under his feet. He switches on his torch of the phone to find, it is a phone, Sidharth's phone. He screams," Sir? Are you here?" But he gets nothing from the darkness in front of him.

Sorry for keeping you all wait..mystery intensifies now..Read and do comment to let me know..And don't forget to vote by clicking the star below.
Let the suspense continue..