Chapter 17

Police arrive at the scene and Sidharth asks them to send the body to autopsy. Photographs are taken and fingerprints are looked for. The area is cordoned off and media people kept away from the scene. Sidharth punches the seat of his jeep in frustration. Running his fingers through his hair, he waits for the formalities to complete. Kambli and Ranne come to him and Ranne asks,"Sir aap thik toh hain?" Sidharth says,"Pranjal was an important witness, how was her safety compromised?" Kambli replies," There were constables assigned for her safety but they were sedated Sir. We are trying to find out how." Sidharth says," It's no use finding out how. She was the only one who knew Govind. Now with her death, I don't  how we will get to him.That writer can't identify Krishna. We are again left at the dead end."

Sid has a meeting with the Commissioner regarding the case. He comes to his office and salutes him as he enters. The Commissioner signals him to sit. Sidharth sits down in the chair. The Commissioner asks," So what is the status of the case?" Sidharth says," Well we have managed to prevent the fourth murder but the victim is yet to recover. The writer has been found and he admits that a guy had given him the plot of the story to write down. A sketch artist will be coming today to draw the sketch of the man who gave him the story." The Commissioner asks," What has happened to your forehead and your hand?" Sidharth had bumped his head to the stearing wheel when his vehicle had slammed to the electric pole the previous night. Sidharth touches his forehead and says," It's nothing sir." The Commissioner asks," I have heard about the attack on you in the studio and last night's accident too. What about the girl? Is it related to the case?" Sidharth says," Yes sir. I believe the death of an young actress Roshini is the cause behind these murders Sir. She had committed suicide a year ago in the same studio. The girl who was killed yesterday was her friend. The motive of these murders are revenge Sir." The Commissioner nods his head and says," We don't have much time. Find the killer fast. I had given you the case because of your faster approach. Prove me right Sidharth."

Sidharth had to address the press regarding the case as well as the body found the previous night. Coming out of the headquarters, Sid says,"I can't say much at this time, but all I can tell you that this is not a serial killing. The murders are all connected but killer has a strong motive behind them." One of the press people asks," Sir, it has been found that the studio owner who is in ICU was attacked again and you people have caught the attacker. Is the attacker not the killer?" Sidharth says," No. The attacker was paid few bucks to do the crime. He had no idea what exactly he was doing." Another person asks," Is there any underworld connection?" Sidharth replies," We can't say anything for sure. But I believe they are not involved in the murders." Third journalist asks," Who was murdered last night and is there any connection of her death to these murders?" Sidharth says," The girl killed last night is Pranjal Choksi. She is a television actress. Yes we believe there is some connections to the murders. Details we can't share right now. I think that's all. No more questions please." But another journalist asks," Sir last question.. please sir. Can you say what is your relationship with actress Sana? You have been seen together many times outside the headquarters." Sidharth looks at the guy and says," I think this question is not related to the case. Thank you." The journalist keep on asking," But she is a part of the case sir. Are you both together? Will your relationship affect the case?"

Sidharth goes inside his room, followed by his team members. Gaikward asks,"Sir, celebrity par yeh log hamesha nazaar rakhte hain. You need to be careful sir." Sidharth looks at him and he stays quite. Ranne says," Sir I know we should not say anything and you might not like it but what Gaikward just said is true. Your personal life is none of anybody's business. But the press people won't leave anyone." Sidharth says," I know you all are concerned for me but don't worry, I will never jeopardise the case for anything. Never." Gaikward says," We know that very well sir. Aap ke saath itne salon se hain." Sidharth says," Okay enough about me. Back to case." Just then his phone rings and it's Sana. He cuts the call and puts the phone into silence.