Chapter 6

Sidharth is in the car with almost asleep Jay going to Sana's house. Jay had decided to join Sidharth as he had woken him up to tell him about the call. All the way, Sidharth has been thinking what he is doing now. He has no explanation to why he is out on the streets going after someone's dream.

Soon he reaches the gates of Sana's place and both get down from the car. The door is opened by a maid and they are taken to the living room. Finding Sidharth entering with Jay, Sana's father Mr. Santok Kaul gets up from the sofa. He recognises Sidharth and hugs him and shakes hand with Jay, asking them to sit. He says,"Sorry Sidharthji itni raat ko aana pada. I had no idea, Sana putar had called you. I tried to make her understand, it's just a dream but.." Sidharth says," Call me Sidharth..It is okay. I wanted to talk to her so I came. We people have nothing called late night. Where is she?"

Sidharth is taken to Sana's room by her father. As he enters the room, he finds her sitting on the window seat with her mother caressing her head and her brother Shehbaaz saying something and laughing. Shehbaaz finding Sidharth at the door, runs to him and gives him a hug. He says," Sidharth Bhai, kitne shalon baad mile..Aap toh abhi bhi waise hi ho..Papa aap abhi iss pagli ko samjhao. I am tired now trying to make her laugh on my jokes. Can you believe it, Sana is not laughing on my jokes? I am feeling insulted now. Chalo bhai, you talk to her, I am going."  He leaves and Sana's father and Sidharth go inside.

Sana looks at Sidharth and says," Papa, mummy, aap log jao. I am okay now. I need to talk to him." They both leave and Sidharth stands there looking around her room. The room is nothing extraordinary like one can imagine for a big actress. Room has been decorated with simplicity. A bed, a wardrobe, dressing table at one corner, some family pictures on the side table and a nice window seat. Sana says," You can sit here" pointing to the chair beside her, previously occupied by her brother. Sidharth pulls the chair towards him, away from her and sits down facing her.

Sidharth asks," I know you are scared. But you have to tell me what did you see this time." Sana looks up and stares right into his eyes. Sidharth can understand she is looking for trust in them. Her eyes are red with fear and from crying. She says," Two hands in gloves putting a noose in the neck and tying the knot hard." Sidharth says," Who was it this time? Who dies?" Sana replies,"I didn't see the face this time. I am scared, perhaps.... it's me." Sana starts to cry. Sidharth trying to console her says,"Please stop crying. It might not be the similar dreams. May be no one is dying." Sana says in between her whimpers,"No, till now all my dreams have turned true. I am dying this time. Please help.." Sidharth says," Okay...okay relax now. I will put someone on guard here. Don't worry. And don't pick up any unknown calls." Sidharth gets up to go when Sana grabs his hand and says," Thanks for trusting me.." Sidharth looks at her and gives her a smile saying," You take care. Good night."

The next day, Sidharth arrives at the headquarters. He immediately calls every one in the room for discussion. Every one arrives and wishes him and sit down. Gaikward says,"Sir, aap ne Miss.Sana ke ghar police baithiye hai? Do you think she is the next target? " Sidharth replies," I am not sure. What do we have on the case now?" Kambli says," Sir, the producer has signed a new director for the movie. Koi Anuvabh Kashyap kare hai. Suna hai woh sirf gangster, bhoot or murder movie banata hai."

Ranne says,"Sana ne aap ko kya bola hai sir?" Sidharth looks at him and explains them everything he has heard from her. Bhonsale says," Yeh sab thodi na sacch ho sakta hai. Can anybody see deaths before happening? I think she is the killer." Ranne gives him a glance and says,"It's called premonition. Sir do you trust her?" Sidharth leans on his chair and says," I don't know. But it doesn't matter. If she is lying, it will eventually come out. I have prepared some questions. Just look at them."

Sidharth after sometime says," Sana might be telling lies, but question is why. And if she is telling the truth, her life could be at risk too." He looks at the questions written below and says,"The key to all our questions lie in that studio. How could people enter into it at night when it is supposed to be locked? Apne network active kardo, khabrion ko lagao. Get me all information on the studio. " After sometime he says," When is the actor coming?" Bhonsale replies," Aaj ayega bola hai..He is such a big star..My wife is his fan sir." Sidharth shots him a glance and he says," Sorry sir."

A big expensive car stops before the office of CBI. The actor and superstar Asif Khan gets down from the car and is escorted into the office by his new manager, avoiding the press who gather around him asking questions and taking photographs.

He sits inside the interrogation room with his manager, when Sidharth enters. Kambli asks the manager to wait outside and he leaves. Sidharth sits in the chair in front of the actor and analyses him. Gaikward asks," Where were you on the nights of murder?" Asif says,"I am so busy all the time. I don't remember when they all died so how can I remember where I was?" Ranne smiles and says,"Itne busy ke apne manager ko apni jagah marne bhej diya." Asif looks at him and says," What are you saying? I was supposed to die instead of my manager?" Ranne says,"That's what you will say. "

Asif looks scared a bit and stays silent. Sidharth says," You and your manager had a tiff few days back. You were going to change him. Is it correct?" Asif says,"Well..No..well actually it was nothing. She didn't want me to sign this movie but I wanted to. So..Please sir, believe me..I have no idea who is behind all the murders." Sidharth smiles and says,"It's on us to find out. Now  put some pressure on your brain and tell us where were you on the nights of the murders."

Actor Asif Khan is grilled for long eight hours by the CBI. He has alibies for the nights assistant producer and Director were killed but nothing for the night his manager was murdered. Sidharth is thinking about the case. Till now nothing potential has been found out related to the case. Producer has no reasons to kill the manager or the assistant producer. Actor has no motives to kill anybody. There is no connection between the murders except, the studio. Just as he is lost in thoughts, his phone rings and as he picks up, from the other side,"The person is wearing a gold chain..yes..I saw.." Sidharth says," Hello, Who is it? Sana? Who is wearing a gold chain?" Sana slowly replies,"The man who will be murdered next."

Hi friends,
Hope chapter is interesting? Tell me more about what you would like in this story..keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Let the suspense continue