Chapter 8

"Find me the writer of this novel", says Sidharth as his team enters the room. "Asap", he says putting the book on the table. Bhonsale picks it up and says," Yeh konsi kitaab hai sir?" Sidharth says,"Bhonsale do you have any information? If yes then say otherwise just stay quite." Gaikward finding Sidharth angry says," Sir, relax. We have got a info from the khabri. The owner of the studio had some problems with one staff. He apparently had tried to kill him with a knife. Did he tell you anything today sir?"

Sidharth when had seen the owner of the studio Atul Damle, had instantly made his connection to the character of the book. The fourth victim of the story is a tall, well built man who is a owner of many godowns. His character sketch matched perfectly with the man who was sitting in front of him. Atul Damle had said,"Sorry Sir, I was out to complete my father's last rite in the holy water of Ganga. I immediately came here after returning from Beneras. Tell me what can I do Sir?"

Sidharth had asked him,"Three murders had happened in your studio. And you ask me what can you do? You tell me, what did you do?" Atul Damle had got scared and said,"Sir,I didn't do anything. Ayi shapat sahib. Mein toh loss jhel raha hun, iss sab kaand ke hone se. Shooting band hai bas sab dhanda thap pada hai. Why should I make my own losses sir?" Ranne who was with Sidharth had asked," Why did you change your staff and security guards six months ago?" Atul Damle had fumbled and said," Well sir, it was nothing.. Yeh chote log sab chor hai. I had issues with the people, my staff. My security guards were all thieves and useless. Sir I had a theft six months ago in my office and studio. These people were involved sir, but nothing was found. I fired them all sir." Sidharth knew he was hiding something. They had grilled him for an hour. Finally Ranne had said," We will call you again. Come then.You can go now. And send us all the details of your previous staff and guards by tomorrow." As he was leaving, Sidharth had added, "Don't pick up calls from any unknown numbers. "

Coming back to the present, Sidharth says,"Put him on surveillance 24/7. Get his phone records. I need all information on him too." Ranne asks," Do you think, he is involved in the murder?" Sidharth says," I don't think so. I believe he is the next target of the killer."

"The book tells about a series of murders  done by an account who is in the group stuck in the island. The reason of murder is an old crime that connects all the victims. The killer is following the story and there might be some connections to some past crime with people involved in this movie." ,explains Sidharth to the Deputy Commissioner. He is in a meeting with him. He continues,"We are looking for past crimes that could have any connections with the dead people. We are also looking for the writer. Presently he is the suspect."

Deputy Commissioner asks,"You will have all the support you need. Try to solve the case fast. Media and press people are creating new stories everday. I am getting lot of pressure. Director was really famous you know." Sidharth says," Thank you sir. We are doing our best. We will get a breakthrough soon."

Sidharth parks his car on the side of the road and gets down. The sea is close by and Sidharth has always loved the sea breeze. Letting the cold breeze blow through his hair, he stands on the footpath thinking about the case. A few minutes later, he hears someone calling his name. He turns to find Sana standing. He gets surprised finding her there so late in the night. He smiles at her and asks," What are you doing so late here?"

Sana smiles and comes standing beside him says,"I like to come to this place when I am tensed. I can't come here in the day so, this is the right time. I feel relaxed in the sea breeze." Sidharth says," You are tensed even after knowing you won't be the next target." Sana looks at him and says," When you know someone's life is in danger, can you feel relaxed? I feel so guilty unable to do anything about it." Sidharth says," I am sorry. I can never understand what you are feeling. Can I ask you something?" Sana says yes and he asks," Do you know anything about the story on which the movie is to be made?" Sana replies," I have just read the script made on the book. I haven't read the book. I have no idea on it."

Sidharth looks at Sana, the darkness from the sea ahead and the lights from the street has created a beautiful effect on her face. She looks even prettier than usual at this time. As if reading his mind, Sana turns towards him and smiles. Sidharth turns away feeling uncomfortable. He asks," Do you read minds?" Sana laughs and says," What made you think that?" Sidharth replies," No just asking.." Sana says after a pause,"No. It is not good to know so much. It's very scary to see things." Sidharth again looks at her and says," Do you know something that you are not telling me?"

Sana turns to look at him and their eyes meet. Sana says," You know everything just looking at me. How?" Sidharth gains courage and holds her hand. He says," I don't know. But there is something in you..I feel connected to you somehow." Sana looks at him and says,"I have always felt that connection from the first day we had meet. I had always wanted to meet you after that. But our lives were so different. I knew somewhere in my heart, we will meet again. And see.."

Sidharth says,"Right ..Your intuition." He looks at her, smiles and says," However our meetings have been memorable. First time we met within firing and the next time when there has been three murders and chances of few more. How romantic isn't it?" Sana smiles and asks," Romance?" Sidharth looks at her and releases her hand. Sana looks at his hand and holds it and their fingers entwine. She says," You think too much right? Will you believe if I say, I have waited all these years to hold your hand?"

Sidharth asks," What are you hiding from me?" Sana comes closer and puts her head on his arm. She says," I wish, I would have been a normal girl. I wish I could live a normal life." Sidharth does not say anything waiting for her to say more. Sana says," I see a girl, about my age, beautiful with long hair. Her face is sad and she tries to say something to me." Sidharth says," You see her in your dreams?" Sana doesn't reply anything. Sidharth turns to see her and she says in an almost inaudible voice,"No..I see her with my open eyes.."

Hi all,
Increasing the fear quotient..ready to get scared even more..
Keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Let the suspense continue...