Chapter 26

Sidharth arrives in a police car and stops at the gate of the Dr.Anand's house. He gets down and tells the driver to come back when he calls him. He gets inside the gate to find Sana's car parked at one side with the driver sitting inside. He goes to the door and before he could knock, as usual it opens. However instead of Dr.Anand, this time it's Sana at the door. As he enters, Sana hugs him tightly as he winces in pain. Sana leaves him saying," Sorry sorry..lagi tumhe?" Sidharth smiles timidly as he says,"Insaan hun, lagegi na. The wound is fresh darling." Sana bites her tongue and says,"Kya karun jab bhi dekhti hun tumpe itna pyar ata hai na..I just can't stop myself from getting into your arms." Sidharth still smiling says,"You called me to get hugs or do romance in this beautiful location? If that is the case then I am leaving. I have lot of work." Sana holds his good arm carefully and says,"No..romance and here? Yahan bhoot kartein honge romance." She starts to giggle and then says,"Come, Dr.Anand has very interesting thing to show you or rather something for you to hear."

As Sidharth enters the hall office of Dr.Anand, he finds few gadgets kept on the big table and another funny looking old man talking with him. There is another geeky looking guy in his 20s working on a laptop. Dr.Anand looks up and with a smile says,"Hello ACP! How are you? Heard about your adventure. How is your arm now?" Sidharth smiles and says,"These adventures are part of my job. Had many more risky adventures before, this was nothing as compared to that. I am fine now, recovering." Dr.Anand laughs and says,"Good, good.. Let me introduce you all. He is my friend Dr.Satya Biswas and the young man here is Vikash Sharma. And Biswas he is ACP Sidharth Srivastava, Sana's boyfriend." Sidharth looks at Sana and then turns to Dr.Anand who is laughing by now. He says," ACP you perhaps didn't like the introduction that I gave. Sorry my friend. Biswas Sidharth here is actually  the in-charge of the case that is related to Roshini's death. Happy now. " Sidharth nods to Dr.Biswas and Vikash stays quiet.

Dr.Anand asks Sidharth to sit and they all settle in the chair arranged around the table. Dr.Anand says,"Biswas is my old friend and a retired professor like me. He has been doing researches on paranormal things from years now. And our young man here is a paranormal researcher too. He and his few friends have a group called 'Paranormal and you'. They have been working towards finding the truth behind such things by visiting various haunted places. Vikash and his group along with Biswas had conducted a session last night here for Roshini Gupta. And something interesting was caught in that." Sidharth looks at him and says, "Session? What kind of session?" Vikash says,"It is possible to call the spirits and interact with them. We have various devices to record their reactions. Spirits are nothing but energy. So before you have doubts I can tell you that devices can capture fluctuations in the energy to find their presence." Sidharth does not react as he waits for him to continue. Dr.Biswas says,"Spirits take our energy to communicate. So one can feel change in temperature when they are around.  People feel goosebumps or even sometimes their touch. Some spirits also have the ability to scratch or show themselves. Battery or power drains out of cameras or other such electronic items without reasons. Sana used to feel cold and sad when she used to see Roshini. It's because she used to affect her emotions to take energy from that." Sana nods her head. Vikash says,"We have a device called Spirit box. It can record the voice of spirit. Last night, we had called Roshini Gupta. And found something interesting."

Vikash gets up and brings the laptop. Putting it on the table in the front, he handovers the headphones to Sidharth. He says,"I have cleared the noises for you to listen clearly. However headphones will give you better clarity." Sidharth giving out a deep breath, puts on the headphones. A soft sound of tape starts and then he hears a conversation.
Voice-" Is there someone named Roshini Gupta here among us? If you are here, please respond."
..
Unclear voice- " Here..hello."
Voice- " Is that you Roshini Gupta? Are you here? Are you okay to answer us?"
Unclear voice- "..Yes..yes..ha.p.."
Voice- "How did you die Roshini?"
Unclear voice- "kill..mys. hang.."
Voice- "Do you blame someone for your death?"
Unclear voice-"Ysss.. them.. respon.."
Voice- "Who are responsible for your death?"
Unclear voice-" They..direc..Punit.."
Voice-"Why are you showing yourself to Sana?"
Unclear voice-" Help..g..hr.."
Voice- " You said you are helping her. But why her?"
Unclear voice-" Pure..soul.. good."
Voice- "Who is killing every one? Is he taking revenge of your death?"
Inaudible voice-" Gov..he.. lov..reven.."
Voice-"Do you want to say something before you go?"
Inaudible voice-" Stop..kill..everything is fair...love..".....

Sidharth removes the headphones and looks at Sana. She smiles at him and says," She said I am pure soul. She is so nice. Isn't she? She was here that's why she didn't tell me about everything that happened. Is that right Dr. Anand?" Dr.Anand smiles at her and says,"Yes I guess..So ACP, what you think about everything?" Sidharth says,"I really don't know what to say. Honestly I  can't comment on anything." Dr. Biswas says,"You don't believe that the recording is authentic. That's what you want to say. Anand why did you call in a non-believer to listen to this recording." Dr.Anand smiles and says,"He is not a disbeliever but he is a cop. Don't take offence. He said he can't comment and it is fair for him to say that." Sidharth looks at him and says,"Dr.Biswas, I was the one to contact Dr.Anand. I don't say I don't believe in something that I  don't understand. But as I don't know about paranormal things, I shouldn't comment. Even if Roshini would have named the people responsible for her death or the killer who is taking her revenge, I couldn't use this as proof. So as I cop, I simply can't say anything." Dr.Biswas nods his head as Dr.Anand say,"But her statements gives hints. It might help you. We will conduct few more such sessions. Let's see if we find something more."

Sana is massaging Sid's palm as they sit together at her farmhouse. Inspite of several protest, Sana had forced him to come, taking him in her car. She slightly touching the injured arm says,"Is this still paining?" Sid who was putting his hear on the back of the sofa closing his eyes, opens them and says,"Hmm.." Sana looks at him and says,"Kide pade uss pe..Take me to that hospital, I will give that Nasir a tight slap first." Sidharth smiles at her and asks,"Really! But why will you hit him?" Sana replies,"Why not? He tried to hurt my bebu." Sidharth says,"Oh is that so! So now you will take revenge for me. Right..right." Sana blinking her eyes says,"When you love someone, everything can be done, everything seems fair.. " Sidharth's face turns serious as he repeats," When you love someone, everything is fair..." Sana unknown to what is going in his head says," Yeah.. just what Roshini said..but I didn't get it actually.." Sidharth looks at her and says,"The killer is doing everything for his love which he finds fair..And Nasir said the exact same thing..Is it a coincidence or.. " He stands up and says,"Can I take your car please? I have to go to the hospital now. I will be late if I call the driver." Sana nods her head, little bit shocked at his sudden decision to go. She says,"Are you all right? Are you in pain?" Sidharth says," No. I am just fine. I just need to go now." Sana says,"I am telling the driver to drop you and then he will pick me up. But I really don't understand what happened?" Sidharth  says,"I need to talk to that Nasir. Relax..Nothing to worry. I'll call you later." Sana nods her head and whispers,"When will I see you again?" Sidharth putting his hand on her cheek says,"Very soon." Sana kissing his hand says,"I love you Sidharth." Sidharth says,"Hmm." Sana makes a face and says,"Hmm kya hai? Love you too boltein hain." Sidharth smiles and pulling her closer, takes her lips into his. After a soft kiss, he leaves her and says,"Love you too, baby."

Sidharth reaches the hospital and rushes towards the room where Nasir is kept. The constables sitting outside salutes him. Bhonsale comes out and seeing him asking,"Kya hua sir?" Sidharth looking at him says,"Open the door. I need to talk to him." As Bhonsale opens the door, Sidharth gets inside and says,"Wake him up now. " Bhonsale looks at him and shakes the arm of sleeping Nasir. After a few seconds, he wakes up and Sidharth using his good hand pulls him up to sit. He asks," Who told you that?" Nasir looks at him with an puzzled expression and Sidharth asks again,"Who told you these words of everything is fair in love?" Nasir still confused of everything that is happening says,"What?" Sidharth bringing his face near him asks,"Who asked you to kill Anubhav? Tell me?" Nasir with fear in his eyes says,"No.. one sir.. I did it on my own." Sidharth looks at him and still holding his collar, he says,"I know you are lying. Tell me." Nasir looks at him as if he has seen a ghost and he collapses on the bed.

  ______
Everything that I have written so far are based on research on internet.
If you have ever experienced anything paranormal or have any story on that do share..
Hope this chapter is interesting. Do let me know about it in your comments.. Don't forget to vote by clicking the star below..
Let the suspense continue..