Chapter 22

Sidharth has no idea what he will do now. The confidence with which he said, means he knows where Kiran is or he has already got him. Or is he lying? He has no time to think now about that. Where will he find Kiran and how will he save him, those are far important things to consider right now. Kambli says," Sir the call couldn't be tracked. It was very short." Bhonsale says," Sir, Kiran apne ghar pe nahi gaya. I am calling people to find more." He starts making calls. Gaikward says," What did he say sir?" Sidharth says," He has Kiran or he will have him. I don't know. But he seemed quite confident to kill him today." Ranne says," I have alerted all the police stations and traffic posts to look for Kiran." Sidharth rubbing his temples says,"Where are you? Where are you taking him? Where?" He closes his eyes, trying to remember anything that could tell him, where he is. And suddenly a thing struck him. He opens his eyes and says,"He is somewhere near some port area. I have heard the horns of ships." Gaikward says," But sir which port, the Jawaharlal port in Navi Mumbai one or the Mumbai port in South Mumbai?" Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair says," I don't know but. He must take him some place deserted. Look for sby abandoned warehouses near them, within a close circle."

Just then Sidharth's phone rings again.  He picks it up without looking at it. The voice from the other side says, "Sidharth, something is going to happen.." Sidharth says,"Did you see something?" Sana from the other end says," Yes. A studio and a noose. That's all I could see. It means something..I know. Sidharth please don't let him kill anybody anymore.." Sidharth says," No one will die.." Hanging up his phone, Sidharth says," Is there any studio, near these ports?" Gaikward with the laptop,  starts searching for them. He says, "There are two near Navi Mumbai one and one near South Mumbai port." Sidharth thinking after a second says,"He can't take Kiran to any normal studio. Look for abandoned ones. Fast." Gaikward starts looking and says," Yes Sir, there is one near the Navi Mumbai port." Sidharth signals them and all move out of the room.

They all reach the abandoned studio and enter the gate. Searching around the place, they find nothing. Finally they come across one old building. There is a big gate which is locked with a big lock. Sidharth signals them to spread around to look for some other entrance. Sidharth and Bhonsale go from one side and they find a door, not locked from outside. Bhonsale is about to open it, when Sidharth holds his hand. He stops him from opening the door. He enters the building through a broken window followed by Bhonsale.  Inside they find Kiran on a noose standing on a tool that has been tied to the door. Sidharth says," Careful niche shayad woh acid hai." Soon everyone comes inside and help him to get Kiran down carefully staying away from the chemical.  The tool and the noose was placed in such an mechanism that if anybody enters through the door, then it will fall down killing Kiran instantly. He had designed another mechanism where the tool will breakdown on its own from the acid placed on the floor when Kiran will return to senses and he would move, killing him then. He is a really smart man, thinks Sidharth as they bring down Kiran. He is alive but unconscious.

Sidharth says,"Seal the area and take him to the hospital." He comes out and suddenly his eyes fall on an old man far away going among the rubbles of the studio. Pulling out his gun, he shouts, " Hey! Stop!" The man does not listen and keeps walking away. Ranne comes out of the building. Sidharth runs after the old man and Ranne follows him. He screams, " Police stop! Varna goli mardeinge." Sidharth also screams," Stop! I said stop." The man turns at Sidharth and with a smile he jumps into the sea behind. Sidharth runs after him and jumps behind him. Ranne looks shocked, the water is deep there. There is lot of risk jumping like this. But who will make Sidharth think all that. Sidharth once in water, goes quite deep due to force. He tries to come up but he feels a pressure of something pulling him down. He looks at his leg, which is caught in a something that looks like a net. The man is just few feet away from him. But Sidharth is unable to go up. He tries to free himself and he looks at the man staring at him from the surface of the water. He has been pulled up into a boat. Sidharth with all force pulls the strings and frees himself, coming to the surface to take a breath. He looks around and a boat goes away probably taking the killer with him. Ranne soon comes up with another boat and pulls Sidharth out of water. Ranne says to him saying," Sir aap pagal toh nahi ho gaye the. Water is very deep here. Anything could have happened." Sidharth says,"I would have caught him by now had my leg not caught in that net." He wiping his face says,"The killer knew we will come. He knew we will reach here and open the door, killing Kiran with our hands. He is very smart."

Sidharth returns home to find Jay in the kitchen with his mother. Both his mother and his friend ignores him as he asks what is going on. He says," Baat kya hai? Why are you both avoiding me?" Jay looking at his mother says,"Aunty aap ko kuch sunai de raha hai kya?" His mother says," Nahi. Mujhe kuch sunai nahi de raha hai." Sidharth shaking his head says, "Seriously! You both have started a new drama today or what. Fine don't talk. But dinner milega ke main jaun." His mother puts the casserole on the table and Jay follows her with another. She says," Dekh raha hai na..Now it doesn't matter to him anymore if we talk nor not." Jay sitting down on the chair says," Yes aunty, he has totally changed." Sidharth shaking his head, says," I have changed because of what..bolo abhi bahut hua drama." His mother serving him roti and curry says," Now you have got big actress taking care of you. Why will you care for this old woman now?" Jay says, "Aunty don't worry, you have got another son." Sidharth says," Please yeh drama bahut jyada ho raha hai abb. What actress? You people are talking about Sana. Say things clearly. " His mother serving Jay, sits beside Sidharth and says," Then whom are we talking about? The whole world knows about you two but you won't say anything to us. This is not fair. So we both are angry." Sidharth says," Maa, press and media people make stories. Don't trust them." Jay says," Then let's hear from the horse's mouth." Sidharth smiles and says to his mother," Maa she is an actress, involved in the case that I am investigating. I can never hamper my case." Jay getting impatient says," Itna gol gol kya ghumaraha hai. Say everything clearly." Sidharth looks at him and says,"What clearly yaar? Yes, we both like each other. But till the case is sorted we can't see each other. That's it. " Jay replies," ACP sir, it's very evident how much you just like her. Aunty mubarakho bahu mil gayi." And Jay starts to laugh along with Sidharth's mother.

Sidharth and Jay both lying down on the bed are chatting. Jay asks," Propose kab kar raha hai?" Sidharth says,"Propose? For what? I am not getting married now." Jay looks at him and says,"You have got a brilliant mind, one of the most logical one I have ever seen but now you are talking the most senseless thing." Sidharth keeping his eyes closed says,"So ja. I am already having a headache, can't talk." Jay says," Haan abb toh headache hi hoga. Listen you need to express your feelings to the girl you love. Tell her I love you in the most romantic way. You will marry her not now but eventually na. Then." Sidharth replies," I have told her I love her." Jay sits up and says,"Haye boldiya? Did you give her roses, planned a candle light dinner, anything?" Sidharth says," No. I was with her and told her I love her. I don't know these romance thing." Jay slams his head with his palm and says," Isiliye aaj tak teri koi girlfriend nahi tiki. Hopeless. Told her I love you, just like that. Tera kuch nahi ho sakta."

Sidharth wakes up with the vibration of his phone from under his pillow. He pulls it out to find it's Sana. He picks up the phone and says, "You don't sleep in the nights or what. Do you know the time?" Sana giggles from the other side and says," Sorry utha diya tumhe? Guess where I am now?...I am with Dr.Anand." Sidharth sits up and going out of the room he says," Are you crazy? It's 2 am in the night. What are you doing there alone?" Sana says," Uff, relax. Can you come down here now?" Sidharth taking a deep breath says," Did you leave any choice for me?"

Sidharth was at the house of Dr.Anand within a few minutes. Both psychics smile from ear to ear looking at the sleep deprived police officer standing infront of them. Sidharth says," What is going on? I had asked you both to call me. But.." Sana says," Relax Sidharth. I came for hypnotherapy as I was feeling ineasy from the morning. And we found out something." Sidharth looks at Dr.Anand and says," What?" Dr.Anand smiles and says," Have you heard of brain waves?" Sidharth says," Yes. Neurons or brain cells communicate in form of electric impulses, which produce brain waves. I know it is possible to read them using some device, EEG or ECG.." Dr.Anand looks surprised and says to Sana," You have found yourself quite an intelligent man. I thought police officers don't have much knowledge of science. No hard feelings ACP. " Sidharth remains silent as Sana giggles. Dr.Anand smiles and says," You are absolutely right. However the machine is called EEG. There are five waves gamma, beta, alpha, theta and delta. Each telling the state of mind. I have developed a machine that I connect to EEG or electroencephalography and it can draw what you are dreaming or thinking in the real time. While doing a sesssion with Sana, I used EEG to map her brain waves and I connected it to my machine. And apart from many things, one interesting thing that it drew was a face." Sana says," I had never seen the face of the killer, only his hands but today during the session, I had his glimpse." Dr.Anand forwards him a printed paper containing pencil type sketch.

Hope it is interesting..next chapter might have few romantic moments..Read, like and give comments. Don't forget to vote by clicking the star below..
Let the suspense continue..