Chapter 7

Sidharth is sitting in his room, thinking about the case. It's already late at night. The phone call from Sana has put him into thinking again. In his mind, he says,'If I believe everything that Sana is saying, then there will be another murder soon. If her dreams are real, a man will be killed. One who wears a gold chain. But there could be many who wear gold chain. What am I doing? Trusting some dreams? I have to think logically'

His thoughts are interrupted by a knock and he looks up to find Jay standing at the door. He smiles and asks,"Kya bhai, phone kahan hai aap ka?" Sidharth checks his pocket and takes it out. It's silent and there are about ten missed calls from his mother and Jay. He bits his tongue thinking about the consequences. Jay starts to laugh, "Aaj padne wali hai ache se tujhe.." Sidharth shaking his head says," I had totally forgotten, ki Maa aaj laut rahi hai..I am dead." Jay controlling his laugh says," I  had picked her up from the station and dropped her home. Jaan pyari hai then let's leave now. Do you have any work?" Sidharth says no and together they leave.

Sidharth is welcomed by his mother with an angry look followed by pulling of ears. His mother Ritaji says,"Tu phir bhul gaya mujhe tu lene ane wala tha station? Phone bhi nahi utha raha tha..Thank God my other son came, otherwise.." Sidharth says,"Ah, Maa please leave my ear..I am sorry..maaf kardo.." Jay is enjoying the scene sitting comfortably on the sofa when he says,"Ayi maaf kardo, bacha hai..kabhi kabhi galti ho jati hai.." Sidharth gives him a glance and says,"Maa..apne ache bache ki baat manlo.." His mother smiles at Jay and then leaves his ears. Sidharth hugs his mother tightly saying,"Sorry. I got busy in work.."

After dinner, the two friends sit together talking about things when Jay asks," What happened to the case? Did Sana tell you who is dying next?" Sidharth says,"Apparently the person who will die is a male who wears a gold chain." Jay getting serious says,"Arey, This is dangerous yaar." Sidharth looks at him and Jay says," Mera number bhi aasakta hai phir. See I too wear a Gold chain." He takes our his chain to show him and starts laughing.

Next day, Sidharth goes to the studio with Bhonsale and Ranne. The place has been sealed. It now bears a deserted look. Bhonsale says,"Sir, yahan bhoot wali feel aarahi hai.." Sidharth shots him a look and he stays quite. Ranne says,"Just keep quite and check the place carefully."

The studio is huge with few items from mahurat shoot still lying around. There are unused lights, some chairs and ropes lying at one side. Sidharth goes to the ropes and tries to check them. Ranne says,"The rope used to kill the victims were thinner sir." Sidharth nods his head and looks around. There are two exits to this main building. One at the front and one small door at the back.

Sidharth asks,"Did you talk to the security regarding the keys to this place?" Bhonsale answers," Yes sir. There are eight security guards for this place, four each for two shifts. They collect the keys from the office where there is a pair." Sidharth says,"But it is possible to make a copy. Isn't it? Get me the guards and ask them to bring the keys with them." Bhonsale sends a constable to fetch the security guards. Sidharth asks,"Why this studio? Why not any other place? There could be many deserted places in the city to kill. Why this place?" Ranne say," May be the killer has some relation with this studio." Sidharth looks at him and says," But what?"

Sidharth looks at the faces of the security guards standing in a line in front of him. He asks,"For how many years, have you four been working here?" They all answer individually as six months, three months, five months, four months. He asks," Did you open the door for somebody without permission?" One of them says," Nahi sir. We first check papers before handing over the space for the first time. Sir, theen mahine se toh shoot bhi nahi ho rahi hai."

Sidharth returns to his office and his team sits down in front. Sidharth asks," Did you talk to the guards at night shift? Are they also newly hired?" Kambli say,"Yes, sir. Sab six months se kaam time mein aye huye hain. Also all the other staffs in the studio too are hired recently." Sidharth says,"Isn't strange? All guards and staff were hired few months ago only. Why was the entire staff replaced? Get the owner of studio soon." Gaikward replies," Sir, he is in Benares. His father has died. He will be here today."

Sidharth asks,"What about the three numbers?" Kambli replies,"Sir, theeno prepaid numbers fake ID or address pe registered hain. The sims were activated the very day and after the call they were disconnected, destroyed may be." Sidharth says," So I was right about the numbers. Someone called the victims, lured them to come to the studio at night somewhere between 3 and 4 and killed them. But question remains why? If we find the connection between the three.."

The book whose adaptation will be  made into movie as well as the script is on the table. Sidharth picks up the book. The name of the book is 'Death come with a price' by someone new named Sanjeev Doshi. There is no photograph of the author nor much details about him. The book has not been popular to gain the attention of the director or producer. How had they stumbled up on this story is something to find out? He reads the first few pages. And soon things starts getting clear.

The story revolves around a group of people getting stuck in a vacation home on a island. Due to a storm, the boat on which they had arrived gets destroyed and thus they are not able to return to the main land. The communication lines are down too due to bad weather. Then the first person goes missing who is the assistant to a business man. He is found dead the next day in the warehouse. The next one to die is the PA to a popular singer. The third death is a CEO of a company. Sidharth can now link the deaths clearly. Assistant to business man is the assistant producer, PA to the singer is the manager to actor and CEO is the director. The killer is following this story. Sidharth turns the page to find who will murder next and tries to make a connection. Just then the constable knocks on the door and tells him the owner of the studio is here. Sidharth puts down the book and goes to the interrogation room. He comes face to face with a dark, healthy and tall man with tika on his forehead and a thick gold chain in his neck.

Hi all,
Sorry for keeping you all waiting..Hope this chapter is interesting..Keep reading, liking, voting and commenting..
Let the suspense continue...💕