Chapter 28

Sidharth has been a logical man all his life. This has made him a good cop. His transfer to CBI was based on his logical approach to his cases. But today he is unable to find any logic behind the story which the killer has stated to the writer. Killer has described all the victims so clearly whom he wanted to murder as a part of his revenge. Then why did he leave out his eighth victim. He wanted him to kill him for any reason, be it revenge or personal. He could've given his description. But he didn't do anything like that.

If he is correct till now, the story of this murder mystery begins some one and half years back. Roshini Gupta a struggling actress has been in Mumbai for years now, giving auditions, trying her luck to get a good role to appear on the silver screen. But all she has managed is few ads or character roles in some television serials. One day she comes across Assistant producer Punit. They come closer and he assures her to help in bagging a good role. He takes her to casting agency, meets PA Iyer and is suggested to go to then script writer Anubhav Kashyap. He introduces her to the director. He exploits her but does not give her a role. She commits suicide then. Her close friend Govind, decides to take revenge.

Sidharth knows his theory till now is correct. But few things are not clear yet. Like the role of the studio in this murder. Why was Atul Damle, the studio owner attacked? Why did Roshini choose the studio for her suicide? The deaths of Punit, Manager Zarina, Director Raj Kamal and the attack on Anubhav Kashyap is clear. Casting Director PA Iyer too was a prime culprit behind Roshini's exploitation. But he is yet to know about Executive producer Prakash Kumar's involvement with the case. However the most confusing part in this case now comes with the 8th victim. Who is he and why is the culprit of the killer and not Roshini? If he considers the recording of spirit box then this 8th victim could be the actual master mind. But the question remains why.

Sidharth is lost in these thoughts when he hears a knock on the door. Bhonsale enters and says,"Sir, the Casting Director's PA Iyer is here as well as the Casting Director himself Mahesh Chandra. " Sidharth nods his head and asks,"Get Gaikward to talk to Mahesh Chandra. I will talk to that Iyer myself. When will that Executive Producer Kumar come?" Bhonsale says,"He said, he is available all the time. Agar aap bolein toh aaj bulalun?" Sidharth gives him an angry stare and he lowers his head nodding.

Sidharth enters the interrogation room to find a man in his 40's. He is short and thin man with a moustache. He wears a simple yet quite expensive shirt and trousers. There is a golden rimmed spectacle over his eyes and on his forehead there is a little white mark of vibhuti or sacred ash. He is sweating profusely and hence he takes out his handkerchief to wipe his face and neck.

Sidharth says,"Hot! Isn't it? I mean today it's very hot, right. Sorry there is no AC here. Actually this is not a hotel room where you will have fun with girls. This is the CBI Headquarters. Here we want peole to sweat, logon ki charbi kam kartein hain hum." Iyer looks up to him and not knowing what to reply keeps quiet. Sidharth sits in front of him,"So tell me how many years in this line of business?" Iyer wiping his face replies,"12 years." Sidharth smiles and asks,"So from 12 years you have been sending boys and girls to different directors and producers. You are the pimp or your boss?" Iyer looks at him shocked and starts to falter,"N..o.. no.. s..ir.. Pimp? What... are you saying? We only send..them for casting.. Nothing more..sir.." "I already know everything about you and your agency. Accept it." Iyer shakes his head and says,"I am an educated man. I have certain prestige in the society. I..I am not what you think." Sidharth starts to laugh,"Prestige? O yes! I know you prestigious people very well. Nasir has already given his statement. And told me how prestigious you all are. So stop pretending and tell the truth." Iyer keeps on declining the allegations as Sidharth keeps on asking the same questions without break.

It has been few hours of continuous grilling when Bhonsale enters the room and whispers something in his ears. Sidharth nods his head and with a smile he says,"It is no use hidding. You know very well, we have all the proofs. The hotel manager of Hotel Raj has accepted about your deal with them. You send your girls and boys there. You want more proofs?" Iyer looks scared now but he stills stays silent. "Fine stay silent and go to jail. But you decide, whether you want to take the fall or bring the real people behind this come to the forefront. Till now everything thing is against you. You will be arrested today.", says Sidharth. He after a pause says,"You can save yourself if you become the state witness and testify against the people involved. Give me all the names of those behind this business of yours. I just want you accept that  Mahesh Chandra your boss is involved in this too. If not you will be charged solely for the crime. Your boss has however declined the accusations. He puts all the blame on you and says that he had no idea these things were happening behind his back." Iyer is tired by now, he says,"Liar! He is a liar. You can believe something of such extent has been happening without his knowledge for years now. Liar. He had asked me to take control of this business of send young boys and girls to many people of this industry for money. They were given false temptation of a chance in the movies. I 'll give you all the names."

Sidharth knew Iyer would take the bait. He has accepted the accusations and named his boss's involvement in this s*x racket. He also named some big names of the industry who are involved in the racket of casting couch as well as the victims. Sidharth now has to ask him about Roshini Gupta. He takes out the photograph of her out of the file and putting it on the table, he asks,"Do you remember her?" Iyer looks at the photo and stays quiet. "If you want to live, tell me everything related to her." Iyer looks at Sidharth and says,"Yes. I know her. Punit had told me about her. He had also brought her to our agency." He stops to drink water and then says,"We somehow managed to convince her to go to Anubhav Kashyap. He took her to Raj Kamal." Sidharth asks,"Who are the we here?" Iyer lowering his eyes says,"Me, Zarina and Punit." Sidharth nods his head, as Iyer continues,"Raj Kamal sir had taken Roshini to Goa. I have heard, he had sent her to Atul Damle's farmhouse too. Even Prakash Kumar had used her." Sidharth face hardens as he hears everything,"Prakash Kumar, the Executive Producer? " Iyer nods his head and says,"I don't know what had happened then. But I had got the information that..the girl committed suicide.." Sidharth gets up and looking at him with disgust says,"You know for the first time in my life, I am speechless. How low can you people go? And you call yourself educated and sophisticated. Tere jaise ko toh chauhraye pe khada karke goli mardeni chahiye.."

Sidharth comes out of the interrogation room, and entering his room he goes and drinks water. Gaikward and Ranne enters the room and Sidharth says,"Keep them under custody. I need to meet Commissioner Sir before arresting others in this case." Ranne says,"Sir, Nasir's autopsy report will come in tomorrow. But I had a talk with a doctor there." Sidharth looks at waiting for him to speak. He says,"He has strong belief that Nasir might had some heart conditions. It does look like a heart attack and not a murder sir." Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair. He nods his head and says,"Bring that Executive Producer Kumar here asap. And I need to speak to both Brijesh and Madhav. I need to finally get Govind out. He can only tell us about the 8th victim. Only he."

Gaikward says,"Sir, I guess we know who Govind is. Why don't we arrest him?" Sidharth looks at him and says,"Because it is still a guess. What we have is not an evidence that proves he is Govind or he has committed these crimes. We need him to get him accept it here. I know he is very smart. He won't in fact give in to easily. But what choice do we have." Both nod their head as they leave the cabin.

Sidharth is angry but still he is at peace. He is able to find the culprits responsible for the suicide of Roshini Gupta. He has kept his promise. Soon the real cause and the people responsible for it will be behind the bars. But what about the killer and the brain behind this murder mystery.

His phone rings and it's Sana. He picks it up and says," Are you reading my mind or something? Whenever I feel I need to talk to you, your call just comes." Sana with a giggle says,"When you love someone, you have such strong connections with the other person. You will not understand. You are not those romantic type's." "It's your bad luck then. I am not romantic person. I don't understand these things.", says Sidharth. "Aww...bura mann gaye..Bebu I was just kidding. You know how much I love you. I don't care whether you are romantic or not. I know your feelings for me are true that matters the most to me.", says Sana. He says," I truly love you baby." Sana giggles," Baby? Aww..you called me baby..I am so happy..you said you love me without me asking you. I love you too.. muaahhh..."

A smile appears on Sidharth's face as he says,"Okay..relax now.." Sana says,"I  can't you see. I am happy...thik hai bolo.  You were saying you wanted to tell me something. What is it?" Sidharth says," We have found those were behind Roshini's suicide. All will be arrested soon." Sana says,"I felt so. I called you to tell you something as well. I saw her today few minutes ago. I was standing on the terrace when I felt her. She whispered to me that she is happy. And she also told me something else." Sidharth remains silent as she continues after a pause,"I don't know what she meant exactly. I asked her but she just vanished. Her exact words were 'He is near him.'"

Killer and the mastermind will be revealed soon. Do comment on what do you think about them. Don't forget to vote by clicking the star below.
Let the suspense continue..