Deep into thoughts

Siya's POV:

Manya Aunty was tucking the hair pins to make my bridal hairdo look perfect...There was a long artificial wig to which a lot of flowers were decored like a floral bouquet which looked beautiful yet heavy...

The pins pricked me but no other go...this is the hairstyle of a typical traditional Konkani Gawd Saraswat Brahmin bride...The hairdo was heavy yet beautiful...

To addon I drowned in tons of traditional jewellery from Mishre Malle (Traditional coin chained Jewellery) to Alaktali (Short shiny shimmerynecklace tied tightly on neck) and Patto (Thick waist chain like belt) Vanki (A jewellery piece like a thicker bangle work on arms... All decked up in the white Khavle Avangale (White cloth tied like a dupatta) making me look the perfect traditional Gawd Saraswat Brahmin (GSB) bride...

 All decked up in the white Khavle Avangale (White cloth tied like a dupatta) making me look the perfect traditional Gawd Saraswat Brahmin (GSB) bride

Thats how a traditional gsb bridal costume is

That's as Vanki picture for you...

That's how Malle looks like

Thats how alaktali looks like

But the most important element on a bride's face was missing... not make up..for that Manya Aunty and my mom have made me look like never before... I don't use that much makeup but when they didn't bother to ask me before saying a yes to this sudden wedding on my behalf when I deliberately asked for some more time to my mom and postpone the wedding...she just said a yes to the Prabhu's ....So now what will they ask me on this...

And honestly...
Who cares...

My life is going to hit a rock bottom today.. This is a marriage for others but a grave for me...

Yes I'm getting married today but I don't even know whom am I getting married to...

I met him for the first time last night at Phool Muddi (Engagement ceremony before marriage)...He looks handsome... He's tall, good looking but his face is very cold.. it's like he is also pushed into this marriage forcefully...I don't understand ....if both of us aren't happy... then why are we getting married...

Oh yes...

It's coz of the mess created by my responsible elder sister!!!

Aditi...

Why the hell did she do this and why should I always be a scapegoat for her doing..

First she said yes

Then she said no

That too just 6 days before marriage and here iam getting married to the man whom she rejected...

It's not the school uniform that went shorter after a year so let's give to Siya...I always wore all her old clothes and used her used old text books, raincoat and shoes doesn't mean I marry her rejected choice too right???

But my parents are blinded in her love... My dad had a brain hemorrhage 11 months ago and I don't want to give him stress...Dr Naveen already told he can't handle stress and pressure...it's only now that he started getting better... I can't risk his life and let him drown in this stress... Amma (mom) told me dad hasn't slept since 2 nights ever since Aditi told about her adventures and threatened to die if given in marriage to Raghav...

Why can't Aditi think the same way as I do...if not always just once...

How am I going to live in this marriage...where there is no love or choice...I can't believe Prabhu's came back with this fantastic cross-over exchange offer package..God alone knows if it's Mr Business tycoon Raghav Prabhu's brilliant plan which I'm sure backfired as I said yes to this marriage without a second thought.

I don't even know what he is like...

Mom said he's good...but so is Rocky (my labrador🐶) doesn't mean I marry him...

God... what's wrong with you Siya..you comparing your future husband to your pet dog...(she chuckled at that thought🤣)

But what do I know about him seriously... except for the fact that

His name is Raghav Prabhu

He's about 6ft tall... Brown eyes...

Drooling good looks...

Dresses up like straight out from a business meeting... LoL 🤣 he wore a 3 piece suit with a tie in Mangalorean peak summer season to the Phool Muddi ceremony (engagement before wedding followed by some dancing and singing) yesterday 🤣🤣🤣 my cousin's died laughing and my family members kept staring at him in shock 😹🙊...

But

What else do I know about someone whom I'm going to marry in a matter of 30 minutes to go...

Nothing?

***
A tear escaped her eye thinking what she dreamt of with respect to her marriage and what it ended up like....not everyone's marriage is like a DeepVeer wedding (she was a big DeepVeer fan and always dreamt of finding the love of her life and have a romantic wedding having a destination wedding by the lake side although she was getting married by the beach side rest nothing was her choice) Not everything happens as per our wishes right...She even wanted a Deepika styled saree, jewellery and a complete look for her wedding but in reality here she was wearing her sister's chosen saree or shall I say rejected Saree, that was bought to her by her sister's then fiance whom now she was getting married to... Forget dress she didn't have a say on the groom... what could she do. .she was helpless...