CHP 3

Jimin pulls up into the Denny's parking lot, right next to Jeongguk's police car. He looks at himself in his rearview mirror and quickly fixes up his hair but as soon as he realizes what he's doing, he runs his hands down his face and sighs. The teacher ruffles his blond locks and hops out of his vehicle.

Jimin walks into the fast food restaurant and immediately scans the very few heads in search for a man with curly brown hair. Jeongguk seems to have caught him first and so he waves him over with a gentle smile.

The teacher smiles back and approaches the booth Jeongguk's seated at, sitting across from him. He notices that there's already a tall glass of water sitting in front of him and so he looks at it, and then to Officer Jeon who chuckles.

"You need to drink more water and less coffee. Go ahead," he encourages and Jimin sends the man a small, playful glare before he grips the glass in his small fingers, taking a quick sip.

"Thank you. You don't have to do this for me, though. There's definitely other people out there who need your help more than an insomniac teacher," Jimin says in jest and titters afterward, looking up as he doesn't seem to get anything in response to his statement.

Jeongguk looks at him with a concerning glint in his eyes. His mouth sits in a straight line and Jimin purses his lips, peering down at his lap. He messes with his fingers as a nervous reaction, frustrated for having slipped up yet once again.

"You aren't getting any sleep?" Officer Jeon asks with stern edge and the air in the tiny diner has shifted consequently.

Jimin chews on his lower lip, unknowing of what to say. He's alluded to the fact that he doesn't get much sleep in general and with  reference to the dozen cups of coffee he guzzles a day. But to actually get no sleep at all and to label himself as an insomiac is definitely a more suppressing matter.

"Well, you see-"

"I know you're a teacher. I know you stay up late, grading tests and unit assignments in order to please your students. But this is serious, Jimin. There has to be another reason as to why you're losing so much sleep," Jeongguk presses adamantly as he leans further into the booth and Jimin backs up instinctively, curling his fingers into his palms.

"...I don't know what you want me to say, Officer. I just haven't been able to fall asleep. A lot of people can't. I'm not special," Jimin laments and looks up as soon as he feels the empty space beside him fill.

Jeongguk sits next to him, staring down at his tightly curled hands. He furrows his brows and reaches for them, prying them apart. He frowns as soon as he sees the little crescents in the teacher's palms and Jimin pulls his hands away, sitting on top of them.

"It's nothing," he assures with rose dusted cheeks while he looks away, frightened by his own bashful state.

"It's definitely not nothing," the policeman states in confidence and Jimin turns to look at him, glowering faintly.

"I don't understand why you care so much. You have other people you should be worrying about. You hardly know who I am, much less the life I live. I'm a teacher. I get tired. I pull all nighters. All of us do," the teacher argues and a sigh spilling from the Officer's mouth fills his ear.

"I care because it's my job. Pulling all nighters is fine, I guess, but not if you do it all the time. Your body will give up on you if you keep putting it through this much stress, Jimin. You need to take care of yourself," Jeongguk retorts adamantly as he looks at Jimin with a small knit to his brows.

The teacher exhales quietly, pressing his hands to his face. "I'm sorry. That's one thing I'm not good at. My students always come first and it's been awhile since I've had someone look out for me. I guess it gets a bit tricky when you live by yourself," he voices in a delicate tone, quickly rubbing at his irritated eyes and then dropping his hands into his lap.