CHP 33

It's the next day at the hospital and Jimin hasn't moved from Jeongguk's bedside. His arms are folded against the mattress which are then used as his pillow. He isn't really sure if he's gotten much sleep or has simply thought so much to the point that his contemplations uncannily resemble dreams - or in his case, nightmares.

As Jeongguk lays still on the bed, yet to open his eyes, the only thing Jimin can think about are the plethora of bad outcomes as it's simply in his nature to do so. He's optimistic only to a certain extent, such as his conversation with Haechan displayed. He truly believes they'll be able to survive this but to what extent? He has hope for Haechan and his family but still struggles to see the state of his own future. He knows what he wants it to look like but will it be obtainable is the question.

Jimin is deep in his thoughts, almost bound by them until he feels a very, very faint pressure along his fingers. Slowly he lifts his head and his attention veers from his and the policeman's woven hands to Jeongguk's face as it twitches almost unnoticeably.

There's close to an asphyxiating sense of relief. The lump building up in his throat prospers in size and almost to the point he coughs on it. Jimin blinks with fervor, pulling on his bottom lip whilst he watches Jeongguk's lashes brush his cheekbones as the man orients himself.

Officer Jeon runs his tongue over his lips and with time his eyes open fully, however there's still sensible struggle in his attempt to familiarize himself with his surroundings. Soon their eyes meet and Jimin can't help himself as the tears he desperately tried to keep at bay come rushing down his cheeks. The policeman gives his fingers another faint squeeze, letting him know that he is no longer alone.

"Angel," Jeongguk projects yet it comes out as a mere rasp.

Jimin quickly stands and patters to the bedside table, pouring some water into a plastic cup. He returns to Jeongguk's side and helps the policeman take a couple sips by tilting his head back.

"You don't have to say anything," Jimin states, putting the near empty cup back on the table. He returns to the policeman's side and takes his hand in his own once again.

Jeongguk swallows roughly and swipes his thumb over Jimin's knuckles. He simply stares into the blond's eyes, studying his beautiful, restless entirety.

Jimin doesn't know what to say. He can feel himself choking up again and lets out a pained breath at the gentle feeling of Jeongguk's skin against his own. He misses this. Misses being close to him.

"...You didn't tell me you were leaving," the teacher murmurs sadly and with a small hint of betrayal.

"...I couldn't, Angel," Jeongguk replies quietly.

Jimin's eyes sharpen at the edges as he frowns at the policeman. What's that even supposed to mean? He wants to yell at him for leaving him behind. For not saying anything but he simply can't. Instead he's totally disarmed, rendered weak by Jeongguk's warm fingers gliding against his own. He's powerless, drowning in the pools of honey adorning his large brown eyes. Lips dry yet pouted softly, inviting him to steal a kiss. Brown hair askew on his head, some strands curling gently against his cheeks.

"...I have every right to be angry. I have every right to yell at you and hit you, but I can't. Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you give me an answer? You left me waiting, hating myself because I thought I'd said something wrong. Gguk... why?" Jimin intones, tugging on the sleeves of the man's hoodie currently on his body, frustrated and eager for answers.

Jeongguk moves up the headboard stiffly, grimacing while holding his side. He stretches his arm out slowly and Jimin watches the action attentively. The closer the policeman's hand gets, the blond's eyes cross. He allows Officer Jeon's palm to flatten against his cheek and he whimpers softly, sinking into the warmth as it disseminates beneath his touch. Jimin stares into the man's eyes, awaiting a response.