CHP 41

It's the next morning and although Jimin had been given the time to sleep on it, he still can't erase the sound of the children's loud weeping. It plays on repeat in his head, much like that of a broken record. He can't seem to liberate himself from the evil clutches of his festering thoughts. He always seems to get pulled back into this insatiable whirlwind of mental torment.

"Jimin?"

Said male perks his head up, looking over his shoulder as he feels arms snake around his waist, initiating a back hug. He melts into Jeongguk's broad chest and sighs quietly, thankful for the distraction.

"...What's on your mind, Angel?" the policeman asks, perching his chin on Jimin's shoulder.

Jimin smoothes his tongue over his ample lips, body slacking. "...Everything... the kid crying..." he murmurs.

Jeongguk's chin leaves his shoulder and before he knows it, he's being turned by the help of the spinny stool, looking into the brunette's eyes. What's seen within them, he isn't too sure. But Jimin can sense that it's an emotion he isn't typically used to when talking to the policeman.

"...I'm still trying to understand what you mean by a crying kid. Jimin, when I went out there, I didn't hear anything. I didn't see anything. Are you sure?" Jeongguk asks.

Jimin can't help himself as he feels the frustration building up inside of him. He knows very well that it isn't Jeongguk's fault he didn't hear anything but it's something else the irks him.

He rises from the stool and nudges Jeongguk away from him. He faces his back toward the policeman and huffs, crossing his arms. He's glad Namjoon and Taehyung are at the hospital because he isn't too sure how angry he's really going to get.

Jeongguk watches with eyes narrowed in recession. Perplexion is evidently etched away on his refined face as he studies Jimin's body language.

"...You don't believe me. Namjoon Hyung doesn't believe me. Taehyung doesn't even believe me... why is it so hard to believe I heard a kid crying?" Jimin mumbles and for now, his tone is tame.

Jeongguk fights back the need to sigh, rubbing at his brows instead. He places his hands on his hips. "Jimin, it's not that big of a deal—"

"And how's that?" Jimin bites back swiftly, pivoting on his heels until he's facing Jeongguk. "You of all people should believe me! I've trust you with everything. I can always count on you to listen to me. How come you're ignoring me all of the sudden?"

"Jimin—"

"No! You're going to listen me," Jimin interjects furiously. "You may not love me anymore. I may be fucked up in the head now after all of this. You're tired of me. Everyone is tired of me and I get it. But I know what I fucking heard! I can go... I can go if you don't want me anymore. But I'm not going to let you sit here and tell me what I did and didn't hear!" he shouts although halfway through his tirade, his eyes sting with tears and eventually his cheeks grow soaked and red.

Jeongguk is staring at Jimin like a deer caught in headlights, unsure of what to say. Jimin has never gotten this angry before. And if they've ever fought, it's been a small argument to be easily resolved within the next couple hours. This is extremely different. It's so foreign to the point Jeongguk can seemingly hardly recognize the blond staring back at him. All of this anger... all of this frustration and hurt that he's mostly bottled up is now being let loose.

"...Jimin, I could never think any of that of you. I could never ask you to leave me. My love for you runs so deep. How could I get tired of somebody like you? Each day you surprise me and my admiration for you only grows. You're one of a kind," Jeongguk tries desperately to affirm Jimin, and yet the look in the blond's eyes proves he isn't being touched.