CHP 20

Jimin has been sitting in Namjoon's bedroom ever since the man has left. Every little noise he hears is enough to have his skin crawling and body breaking out into a small sweat. He's not used to being alone. He's used to Jeongguk and his comfort.

Of course you fucking know what's happening because it's all your fault.

Everything is your fault.

My fucking wife is dead because of you!

Some of the last words spoken to him play like a broken record in his head, deteriorating every last bit of sanity he has left. The anger in Jeongguk's eyes - the pain and the sorrow. It was heartbreaking and the thought still is.

"Fuck," Jimin murmurs to himself in frustration.

Namjoon told him to leave Jeongguk be for now - to keep him out of it. So why is it that he can't stop thinking about him? Every ribbed part of his brain is home to the policeman and his refined face. His gentle touch and mellow, soothing words of encouragement during times of stress. His large, firm hands on his waist; exploring his skin and hair.

"No, stop," the teacher mutters, scolding himself.

His small fingers play with Namjoon's blanket as he stares forward, eyes vacant. Yet that soon changes the moment he finds a picture frame resting on the oak dresser adjacent to the bed. Jimin unfurls his legs from up against his chest and steps to the floor, scrunching his nose.

His bare feet patter and flatten along the sleek, hardwood floor as he moves forward, enticed. He's now standing just before the dresser, fingers moving out to grab the picture. He holds it just below his nose and scans the photo secured within the glass and ribbed frame, spotting Officer Kim standing closely with another man.

He's shorter than Namjoon yet it's still safe to say that he's tall. Quite handsome with sculpted features, ebony hair loose and flowy. He places it back in it's rightful spot and upon further inspection he realizes that they must have been together for quite a long time...

But he spots something else rather peculiar and his lips part a small margin as soon as he spots none other than his favourite student Haechan standing between the both of them with a smile as bright as the sun. Jimin's lips shift and upturn at the corners with reverence. He can recall some days when he was young and free, just the same.

It makes sense that Jimin hasn't connected the dots. He's never seen the teenager with either of them - they've never showed up to any parent teacher conferences and he supposes it's because they're both extremely busy people.

But he wonders why Haechan isn't here right now? Perhaps he's with the other man standing in the picture at the moment. Maybe they've split or severed ties and Namjoon is just too lovestruck to move on from a past lover?

Either way Jimin can't help the feeling of envy and jealously building up in his chest. A small family - something he has always wanted. To adopt and grow old with the person he loves unconditionally. Of course one of his biggest dreams happens to be of the upmost taboo in South Korea, though.

Go figure.

The teacher sighs quietly and his lips falter into a straight, bland line. He can't be thinking about his future during the throe of his present. He needs to think realistically about his current situation. Hiding and under constant surveillance from his crazy ex-boyfriend.

Jimin isn't sure whether or not being without phone mitigates or worsens his anxiety. The idea of not receiving any haunting texts sits well with him but if something happens he has no way to contact somebody. The most he can do is run but even then where would he go? Night approaches and the sun begins to hide away from the world in replacement of the cratered moon. Oh, how he wishes he could do the same. Just disappear for a moment; cease to exist until things are back to a normal, steady pace.