CHP 13

"Are you fucking kidding me, Jeongguk? I'm away for not even a full couple of days and you pull this stunt? With another man? How deplorable can you really be?!" So-Young shouts and the policeman runs his hands down his face, clearly exhausted.

"So-Young, I'm sorry. I never intended for it to happen. It's just over this past week with him here-"

"I bet you've already fucked Jimin too, right? I see the way he looks at you. I know he fucking wants it, Gguk," she adds on and Officer Jeon is thankful that Jimin isn't present in the room to hear the dirty and crude things she's saying about him.

"You know what, So-Young? You can talk shit about me all you want. You can tear me down piece by piece but leave his fucking name out of your mouth, alright? I've already told you exactly what he's going through beforehand and you still decided to storm off and leave like some child," Jeongguk emphasizes and the women rolls her tongue into her lower lip, placing her hands on her hips.

"Okay," she says quietly and Jeongguk can see the process of her face shifting dismally and the tears that slowly envelope her sad eyes. "But just tell me... did you think about me while you were kissing him? Was he better than me? Does he give you more butterflies than I do?" she asks with a trembling lower lip and Jeongguk sighs, running a hand down his face.

"...I'm sorry, So-Young," he says quietly and that's enough for the first tear to fall. She stands, crying silently, trying to gather herself.

Wiping at her cheeks, Jeongguk feels the need to walk up to her and embrace her. But he knows that it's only going to make matters worse and so he keeps still.

"I think we need some more time apart," she suggests through her tears and Jeongguk perks his head up, without a doubt feeling the worst he's ever felt in a long time.

This wasn't how it was supposed to go - well, he wanted to tell her but perhaps the kiss should have waited. He knows she's said some vile and vulgar things about the teacher but being cheated on - now that's a pain no human should ever experience and currently he probably feels just as guilty as Jimin does.

"I'm going to pack some more things. I've already been staying with my mother so that's where I'll go," she brings up almost silently and Jeongguk - mind you feeling like a complete ass - watches her back as she heads toward their bedroom.

The kitchen is now extremely quiet and he sees Jimin emerge from one of the corridors. He wants to tell him that he should stay put in the meantime, but he too looks like a complete and utter mess. His blond hair is askew on his head and his face is the most swollen it's ever been. He's red and disheveled with a loose fitting shirt and hidden shorts. He looks extremely tired and rightfully so. Leave of absence is what they call it, however for Jimin it probably feels more like a punishment and a prolonged thinking period about all the wrongs he has done up to this point and moving forward.

"I'm so sorry," he rasps while looking down at his small, sock clad feet. "This is all my fault."

Jeongguk frowns with an urge to walk up to the distressed man and pull him into his arms. Yet he refrains from doing so, knowing that So-Young is just down the hall.

"Don't say that," Jeongguk replies. "Especially not if it's true. Just give it a minute," the policeman says and eventually she comes roaming out of the corridor with an extra bag of clothes.

So-Young catches glimpse of Jimin and sends the man an extremely dirty look. The sadness she once bestowed seems to have completely veered in the direction of anger and frustration as she walks toward the entryway.

She passes Jimin and whispers something into his ear. Something seemingly bad enough for his face to fall and his nails to dig into his palms, creating crescents.