CHP 8

The next morning, Jimin doesn't wait for Jeongguk or So-Young to wake up and give him a ride. He walks with earbuds snug in his ears, listening to music as his fringe blows tenderly in his eyes as wisps.

As soon as he reaches the school, he hurries to the teacher's lounge and brews himself up a nice hot, steaming cup of coffee to help ease his nerves for the upcoming school day.

The door opens and as another familiar face enters, the only things that move are Jimin's eyes as he remains relatively indulged in his soothing drink, attempting to keep to himself this morning.

Evidently, though, one of his male coworkers are very touchy and can't seem to take a hint.

"Good morning," he greets with a grin as he pulls up beside Jimin, pouring himself his own cup of coffee.

Jimin forces a smile onto his face, diving back into his cup of swirling caffeine. He goes to leave the teacher's lounge and his wrist is grabbed, causing him to jump and his coffee to drop from his hand.

Sungwoon lets go of Jimin's wrist, flinching. "Woah, what's wrong?" he asks swiftly, placing his mug on the counter.

"P-please," Jimin starts, taking a step back. "Don't touch me," he asks and his coworker can see that he's visibly shaking.

"I can help," Sungwoon suggests and takes a step closer, prompting Jimin to run out of the teacher's lounge.

He keeps his head down, staring at his shoes as he walks swiftly through the halls. He can feel tears breach his eyes and unfortunately, they fall. This is too much for him. His mind races with thoughts of his crazy ex and persistent coworker. It feels as though his body is approaching overdrive.

Jimin doesn't even realize how quickly he's walking and without knowledge that somebody is in front of him, he collides directly with a firm chest.

"Woah, hey, are you okay - Jimin?" Officer Jeon asks and the teacher sits dazed on the floor, rubbing at his eyes.

Jeongguk kneels down in front of him with furrowed brows. He reaches his hand out to wipe at his tears however recalls their conversation from just last night and refrains from doing so. Instead he gives the half-functioning teacher a sympathetic smile and stands to his feet, lending him a hand.

Jimin peers up at him, evidently struggling as he blinks owlishly in an attempt at clearing his blurred vision. His bottom lip is pulled in between his teeth and he grips Jeongguk's hand, allowing himself to be pulled to his feet - and right into the policeman's chest.

He blushes profusely as their noses brush and his heart starts beating loudly in his chest. He has never heard his pulse so animated in his ears until now as they dive into each other's eyes, exploring uncharted territory.

"Are you okay?" Jeongguk asks so quietly it's hardly audible and all Jimin can do is nod his head meekly.

"Good," the policeman says and pulls away, watching Jimin deflate. As soon as they're a decent amount of feet apart, the teacher scans the halls and suspires in relief as soon as he notices none of the students have arrived yet.

"You're in uniform," he points out shyly and wipes at his damp cheeks, trying to ignore the prying look Jeongguk is giving him. He'd rather not explain the issue of Sungwoon on top of everything else already going on.

"I am," Jeongguk replies, placing his hands on his belt. "I told you about my constable position at your school awhile ago. Did you forget?" he asks with much more concern in his eyes than Jimin prefers.

"No... it's just that you look - nevermind," he says and rubs at his nape, looking down at the floor bashfully. He can feel heat rise to his cheeks and Jeongguk's intensive stare.